“Consistent Personalized Service, Not Stuffy At All”

Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome
Ranked #62 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 28 August 2014

This is the second PH I have stayed at. The first was in DC. That was a very good experience as was this. The people who work at the hotel can make or break your experience there. The people who work at the PH Paris went out of their way to accommodate us. First, we checked in around 11 and the room was already ready. They also gave us an upgrade to a king. We were staying with points so that was a nice bonus. We are Platinum members too and with that they comp one very nice breakfast each morning. The concierge services were 1st rate as well. Gil was very helpful and made excellent recommendations for dining. The king deluxe we had faced an inner courtyard which is probably not as fancy as street facing (it was a free upgrade on a points trip so it was very nice IMO) but very quiet with large light filled windows. The room was not dark. The bed was a little firm. The bathroom was "efficient". Very tight tub with a nice rain shower next to it. One thing they had which I never saw before was a shaving sink with a fogless mirror in the shower...a nice touch. Toiletries were 1st rate. The hotel is not Opulent. If you want that Le Bristol is probably a better choice. Overall it was a five star experience as it should be for over 1000 euro a night! BTW if you like shopping this hotel is located across from Harry Winston and the Place Vendome with all the high end shops right outside your front door. The metro is close and the area appears very safe. Will return.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms will be quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jemmy911
Hyatt_Paris, Gérant at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Jemmy911,

First, I would sincerely like to express our most sincere appreciation for the confidence you have shown by choosing our parisian residence.
Our staff is dedicated to providing you with an incomparable level of personalized service designed for our guests and I am more than happy we met your expectations.
Make our guest feel comfortable is one of our priorities and I am delighted to read all the compliments in your review, especially coming from a diamond member.

Alessandro CRESTA, Directeur

Write a ReviewReviews (2,477)

Reviewed 26 August 2014

An amazing experience. From the moment you enter the hotel you are surrounded by luxury and a staff that is superb. Discreet elegant service and a hotel located in the most wonderful spot. Five stars plus.

Room Tip: The executive suites are fabulous. The entire hotel is perfect.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Hyatt_Paris, Gérant at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Tina H,

I would like to sincerely thank you for the kind comments about our staff and our location.
World-renowned architects and interior designers custom design each Park Hyatt hotel, brilliantly combining modern style and timeless regional trademarks and I more than happy to read you enjoyed your family stay with us.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Looking for a hotel in the middle of Paris and being able to use my Hyatt points was an amazing find.
We stayed here for less than 24 hours and everyone was calling me my name. The service is flawless.
The rooms are on the Paris size :) one would have hoped that a Park Hyatt room size would be a little bigger.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nathan R
Hyatt_Paris, Gérant at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Nathan R,

I would like to thank you for having chosen our Palace Hotel for your recent stay.

At Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme, both in design and service, we attend to every detail and I am delighted to read you enjoyed our location and the gracious service of our team.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Like the hotel, the quartier it is in and as Hyatts are always of a good standard tend to stay there whnw travelling for business. Easy access and friendly staff. Rwecommend food as well, international cuisine with a french flair.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear ellenskarstad,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this beautiful review about our Parisian Residence, we are delighted to read it especially coming from someone who is travelling a lot for business.

We hope to welcome you again in our Parisian Residence,

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed here mid July with my family for three nights using Hyatt points. Maybe considering all the amazing reviews and the "palace" designation of the hotel I was expecting more. Yes the location was fantastic. We had two connecting rooms which were both nicely appointed with gorgeous bathrooms. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I just don't think the whole experience was worth the rates that the hotel charges. Again it was a great deal for points. But if I was paying $1000 a night I would have expected more. The air conditioning was less than adequate, housekeeping did just an OK job. A handprint was on the mirror in our room from when we arrived until our departure, at these rates little things matter.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank davidc2011
Hyatt_Paris, Gérant at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear davidc2011,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your precious feedback.
I am delighted to read you enjoyed your two connecting rooms and our location during your stay with us in our Parisian residence.
May I present you my sincere apologies for the situation that you went through with the air conditioning and the handprint on the mirror in your room.
It is definitely not a good experience and I completely understand that this may have deterred you from enjoying a comfortable stay.
Please be assured that I took the necessary actions to avoid such incidents to re-occur, as you said, luxury is in details and this unacceptable.
I reiterate my most sincere apologies and hope to have the chance to welcoming you again despite this regrettable issue.

Remaining at your disposal, I present you my most distinguished regards.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This was a fabulous hotel in a perfect location in Paris. To be honest, I would never pay these prices for a hotel stay, but we were able to stay using Hyatt points.We were in a beautiful large king room on the 6th floor overlooking the courtyard. It was quiet and peaceful and had everything we could possibly need.The service was amazing as was every staff member we came in contact with.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear JenA61,

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a delightful review about our parisian residence.

We hope to welcome you again in our Parisian Palace,

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Simply put, this property is superb. As many Paris hotels, this property is small and expectedly very popular. This means getting a reservation here is not only outrageously expensive but extremely difficult. However if you're lucky enough to have an opportunity to stay here, don't hesitate. The location is one of the best in Paris and in the top 5 hotels I've stayed in the city. I checked in slightly early, which is a challenge for a smaller property such as this. Limited rooms coupled with high occupancy equals any sort of early check-in unlikely, and I expected as much when I arrived. It's really how the property handled the early check-in process that set them apart. Most properties will agree to store you luggage and simply request you come back a bit later to check into your room. They don't truly start to treat you like a guest of the property until that room key is in hand. This property did quite the opposite. They personally escorted me to their lounge and I was treated to latte after latte until my room was ready. I was provided free internet access during my wait which offered the opportunity to get some much needed work done. Before long my room was ready and I was once again personally escorted to my room. To my surprise my room was much larger than expected. I was given one of their king deluxe rooms overlooking the courtyard. The room was tastefully furnished with a very well planned larger bathroom. Paris hotels are notorious for small rooms and even smaller bathrooms so finding both a larger room and a large bathroom was a pleasant surprise. The floors in the bathroom are heated. A little touch I haven't seen in many hotels outside of some upper level suites I've stayed in. The free in room coffee and tea selection was outstanding. Typically you find more generic coffee and tea selections in your average hotel room regardless if it's a 5 star property or not. This room offered a Nespresso machine, which was a huge plus for me and something you typically only find in suites not standard rooms. Their tea selection was whole leaf tea from a higher end French tea company. Their internet was solid and I found their network speeds to be better than most. I did have some issues with the heating and cooling in my room. However the property has a way to override, via a central system, the thermostat in your room. This remedied my problem but for some if they failed to ask for assistance they'd never know this was an option. The thermostat in my room read one temperature and I wasn't able to get the temperature to the displayed temperature but the hotel itself was. If your room includes breakfast, it's a must. Their breakfast is one of the most expensive in Paris which makes it all the more value if it's included in your rate. The restaurants decor, selection, and service was top notch. I doubt I would have paid a la carte for the breakfast if it wasn't included in my rate, but luckily I wasn't faced with that decision. The staff all speak very good English and I found it easy to communicate with everyone on property. Plus this is a very quiet property which made it easy to both sleep and work in. I wasn't overly keen on their beds. They were a bit hard and stiff for my taste, but this is typical in France. Their linens and pillows were very god and comfortable however. All-in-all I'd highly recommend this property, especially over their sister property around the corner. This is a better location and just an all around better hotel. I'd definitely stay here again and would easily recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: if you can opt for one their deluxe rooms. You'll be happy you did. This property is quiet overa...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank BizTravelFR

Dear BizTravelFR,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme.
I enjoyed reading how you thought our property was superb and that you consider us as one of the top 5 hotels in Paris.
Thank you for your comments regarding your restaurants decor, selection and service.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I would be delighted to welcome you back in our Parisian Residence for your next stay, hopefully in the not too distant future.