“Loved it!”

Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome
Ranked #65 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 26 May 2010

Typically, most Parisien hotels have teeny tiny rooms, but the Park Hyatt was a great exception to this. My room was nice and spacious with a big bathroom with really good amenities. It was clean, comfortable and very quiet, given the central location. I was given a top floor room though, which I'm sure helped with the lack of noise.
Room service was good, fast and efficient. The afternoon tea was memorable - loved the scones and excellent tea. The staff were very friendly and helpful, yet maintained a very professional air. The concierge was excellent. He arranged a great tour guide to show me around Versailles.
There were only two drawbacks to the hotel:
1) The overall scent of the hotel. Park Hyatt uses a specially made fragrance in all its products. Whilst I'm sure many people love it, I found it very overwhelming and was slightly allergic to it (kept on sneezing in my room). I asked them not to spray my room with it and it definitely helped my allergies.
2) The spa. It was very disappointing. Do not go there. The treatments themselves are fine, but the environment is really below par. The whirlpool is situated right outside all the therapy rooms so it is impossible to relax during treatments. All you can hear is the chatter of the people using the whirlpool and the noise of the whirlpool itself. It is also unisex and very small. Considering the price they charge for treatments, I would much rather go to the Dior Spa at Plaza Athenee (same price, 100% better).

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 26 May 2010

Enjoyed two days and one night at the Park Hyatt as a Diamond member, I have seen a few.... An excellent hotel with great staff, fantastic rooms and overall a luxurious feel. The style (lavish gold fixtures and fittings with gold painted wall features) may not appeal to everyone (especially the minimalist!) however the design, mixed in with the bronze cast wall statues just works!
The SPA area, Jacuzzi, steam and sauna were empty during the day - it felt like my own place for a couple of hours. Whilst on the smallish side, the SPA is a great experience. Obviously Place Vendome is THE address, however compared to the Ritz, the Hyatt has a more accessible and cool feel. The staff are knowledgeable and attentive, especially the door staff and front of house. If there was any downside experienced, it was the staff at breakfast. who seemed disjointed and slightly stressed. Will definitely use this as my base for future Paris visits.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2010

An incredibly modern,spacious hotel lurks behind a classical facade steps away from the Ritz .It is wonderful to be able to stroll to the Louvre or Rue St Honore stuffed with lovely shops.There are no more taxis in Paris now than in 1935 so position is everything.
Staff were utterly charming.Rooms are calm but not large.They are utterly comfortable and my bathroom was small but brilliantly designed.
Public spaces are large and the restaurant whilst not cheap served up high quality French food albeit in petite portions.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 May 2010

I, like many others who have posted comments, used Hyatt points ( 20,000 per night) for our room. All recent comments are accurate and not exaggerated: classy, sophisticated hotel with impeccable attention to customer service. The gratis wine and chocolates were an exceptional touch.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2010

My husband and I went Paris on a last minute decision to join some friends for fashion week. We booked the week before leaving and were delighted to find availability to book on points. It was my husband first time in Europe and we had just gotten engaged. We wanted to make it something to remember.

The hotel is classical and on the conservative side and the decor is a little cold. The service was impeccable, as usual at the Hyatt. After reading the reviews, we asked for a room looking over the inner court. We got a room on the top floor and we were extremely pleased with our room. We had three windows looking over the courtyard with flower baskets hanging from the windows. The room was very comfortable, the decor in the room was warm and luxurious. We had a very nice bathroom with shower and bath. The heated towel rack pleased my husband very much.

We had several surprises in our room. The complementary bottles of Evian where very welcome (specially since they are 18 euros for 500ml on the room service menu). A half bottle of wine was there one night when we returned to the room and a box of chocolates another night. I am not sure if my husband had asked for special treatment since we had just recently gotten engaged. Nevertheless, I was very impressed.

The concierge did all the arrangements for us with exactitude. They even gave us a little note with the address and phone number of the restaurants before we left in case we got lost of were late.

The hotel has a prime location, with many flagship stores located on the same street. The opera is down the street and the Cafe de la Paix as well. Our friend was staying at the Ritz and was envious of our hotel.

I don't know if the hotel is good value since we stayed on points. However, if your budget allows you to stay there, please do. It was an amazing experience!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
PHPV, Directeur at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2010

Dear Madam,

First we would like to thank you for taking the time to send your note further to your recent stay at Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme.

Thank you very much for these great comments. We are more than pleased to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay and we will certainly share your appreciation with all our employees.

In an effort to continue our search for excellence, you should be receiving a Satisfaction Survey in regards to your recent stay with us via email, and it would be greatly appreciated if you could take the time to give us your impressions and feedback which is later shared with each of our Managers.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme in a not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 April 2010

Let me start by saying that this is a great hotel. I have stayed at some wonderful places and this ticks all the right boxes. I was here with my girlfriend for a free night courtesy of American Express.

Check-in was seamless, the place is in the right part of town. There is a well-heeled sophisticated clientele. If I was here on business I would have enjoyed inviting clients round for an expensive drink!

We were upgraded to a room with a terrace, there are only a few of these rooms and they are on the first floor. The hotel was full to capacity as usual, and the elegantly dressed staff really do know how to make you feel special while you are a guest here.

Being here for a day made me wonder if there really is a recession out there, guests of this hotel do not seem to be suffering at all! A cocktail in their bar costs about 25 Eur, a ginger all 9 Eur etc. Finger food over drinks can easily hit you for 60 to 70 Eur. If you are like me, having worked hard for your money staying here when on vacation makes no sense. If you are here on business and someone else is picking up the tab then fine.

It has a nice restaurant which I suspect might set you back a couple of hundred Eur a person. Breakfast was included in my deal but would cost you 42 Eur for a buffet breakfast which is at best sufficient.

I have stayed at the Park Hyatt Chicago which was wonderful but we were paying dollar prices, so if you are here from the UK or the USA then just be aware of how easily your bill will inflate.

Paris is a city where it would be scandalous to stay routed to a hotel, you have to go out and walk the streets and enjoy those little coffee shops and restaurants you find on your travels. Why would you want to have dinner in your hotel?

My room was great, the products had a manly aroma to them so ladies bring your own products. The spa was great, had a steambath, jacuzzi and sauna. Complimentary Evian, apples and chilled teas so try to schedule a little time for R&R.

Overall I did enjoy my stay there, but probably would not stay here if I were paying.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir,

First we would like to thank you for having taken the time send your kind note further to your recent stay at Park Hyatt Paris- Vendôme to TripAdvisor.

We are more than pleased to hear that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay and we will certainly share your appreciation with all our employees.

Furthermore, thank you very much for your constructive criticism regarding our rates charged by our restaurant . Should you have any additional comments in this respect which you would like to share, please do not hesitate to contact us. This will definitely assist us in achieving the high standards of service we are aiming.

Looking forward to welcoming you back,

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 5 April 2010

Let me start by saying that I am a Platinum member of Starwood's loyalty program, but my stay at this one hotel was so wonderful that I am seriously considering making a wholesale switch to Hyatt.

I spent four nights here recently, and originally booked this particular hotel because I simply wanted a nice, hassle and mishap-free stay. It turned out to actually be a highlight of our trip.

This Park Hyatt has the nicest, most helpful, and most resourceful staff of probably any hotel in which I've ever stayed. When we checked in, our room wasn't ready and the front desk staff comped us a bottle of water while we waited probably no more than 5 minutes. It was a small token, I know, but still much appreciated. The concierge cheerily booked us dinner reservations at local restaurants on a regular basis because of our poor French. Also, on our last day a bottle of wine mysteriously showed up in our room. I'm not sure if this was because the staff had seen a few empty ones in our room over the course of the stay, or if this was the doing of the concierge staff (one of which asked for my room number for no reason I could discern at the time), but however it happened, it was a wonderful touch.

As for the room, it was fantastic. The huge bathrooms are certainly anomalous among Parisian hotels, and the sink within the shower was extremely neat and surprisingly useful. The service staff are very vigilant about maintaining the room in the mornings and afternoon turn-down. My only very minor bone to pick is that the ice bucket in the room is so small that you cannot fit both the ice and a bottle of wine in it at the same time. I had to crush our ice in the sink and scoop it into the ice bucket around the bottle. Perhaps they have separate ice buckets specifically for bottles of wine, but I would have felt like a bit of an idiot calling down to ask that question. That said, I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd miraculously appeared with a larger ice bucket had I asked.

To top it all off, I was extremely happy that in spite of booking this stay as an award using Hyatt points, we were treated as well as we were. Considering the average nightly rate here, I half-expected to be treated as a second-class citizen. Yet the front-desk staff didn't bat an eye when the check-in card showed a blank line-item for the nightly rate or when our grand total for four nights came to a whopping 19 euro.

Hyatt, if you're reading this, thanks.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for sending your kind note to TripAdvisor. We were delighted to welcome you and we are more than pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will certainly share your appreciation with all our employees.

Sincerely Yours,