Typically, most Parisien hotels have teeny tiny rooms, but the Park Hyatt was a great exception to this. My room was nice and spacious with a big bathroom with really good amenities. It was clean, comfortable and very quiet, given the central location. I was given a top floor room though, which I'm sure helped with the lack of noise.
Room service was good, fast and efficient. The afternoon tea was memorable - loved the scones and excellent tea. The staff were very friendly and helpful, yet maintained a very professional air. The concierge was excellent. He arranged a great tour guide to show me around Versailles.
There were only two drawbacks to the hotel:
1) The overall scent of the hotel. Park Hyatt uses a specially made fragrance in all its products. Whilst I'm sure many people love it, I found it very overwhelming and was slightly allergic to it (kept on sneezing in my room). I asked them not to spray my room with it and it definitely helped my allergies.
2) The spa. It was very disappointing. Do not go there. The treatments themselves are fine, but the environment is really below par. The whirlpool is situated right outside all the therapy rooms so it is impossible to relax during treatments. All you can hear is the chatter of the people using the whirlpool and the noise of the whirlpool itself. It is also unisex and very small. Considering the price they charge for treatments, I would much rather go to the Dior Spa at Plaza Athenee (same price, 100% better).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently accepted into the prestigious Palace Hotels Group, Park Hyatt Paris-Vendome is one of the most visually stunning luxury hotels Paris has to offer. Its striking blend of contemporary architecture and classic design was conceived by renowned designer Ed Tuttle, lending the hotel a sensual, understated elegance that extends throughout - from the lavish Paris hotel rooms and suites to the captivating social areas and impressive meeting venues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome Hotel Paris
- Hyatt Paris
- Paris Hyatt