“Ideal location for a holiday in Paris”

Grand Hotel de Turin
Ranked #1,155 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Sunbury, Australia
“Ideal location for a holiday in Paris”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

The Grand Hotel de Turin is located in the Montmarte district of Paris. It's one of many small boutique hotels in the area which is in easy walking distance of both Sacre Couer and the Seine; the Eiffel Tower is a very long walk.

The room we had was small, but comfortable, with a compact bathroom/toilet up a bit of a step.

The reception staff were very friendly and helpful, with good English; and the breakfast facilities and food typically continental.

Room Tip: There's a very small (and I mean one person and one large case) elevator, so avoid if you're...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Robert H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Killarney, Ireland
Reviewed 25 September 2013

This is a quite adequate hotel for the price . It is close to Metro at pigale.and the sacre de couer.church. I am motivated to write this review because of a good experience when I lost my wallet. When we returned to the room it was on the made bed and nothing missing. Bless those African women. They are special . Denis Tangney. Ireland The staff at the front desk were very helpful. A good experience.

Room Tip: Ask for room at rear.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
vancouver
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

My wonderful & thoughtful partner in life surprised me with a beautiful trip to Paris. He made all the arrangements. Been together for over 15 years so he knows what I like when it comes to accommodations. He had a choice between a regular hotel & Grand Hotel de Turin. He definitely made the right choice!! I felt like a true Parisian experiencing their way of life. The hotel is situated in the "entertainment" district close to all modes of transportation. The staff ( especially the night desk person ) was ALWAYS very polite & helpful with recommending where to dine, where to go for entertainment & mapping our bus routes to our sightseeing attractions!! It was so convenient to have breakfast every day at 730-10am in the hotel too!! Fresh croissants with cream cheese, fruit preserves jam,ham,asstd baked goods, freshly made tropical fruit salad & more... Making me crave some right now!! Breakfast was how we jumpstarted our day before heading off to enjoy the sights!!! Definitely would recommend staying here if you love architecture & history and do not want to stay in a contemporary setting. It was nice when you opened the windows in the bathroom, it overlooked the sitting area in the courtyard!!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank babbelicious88
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed here for two nights in September. Overall, I was impressed with the value for money that you get for this hotel. The rooms are small but modern and well appointed. I stayed on the top floor which provided access to a small balconey overlooking Victor Masse. I don't have any real complaints. Staff were courteous, room was clean and the location was good - only 5 minute walk to Pigalle metro station.

I would only excercise caution after midnight in the neighbourhood. The area is normally busy enough at night where you shouldn't have any issues, but late at night and some streets can be a bit secluded.

I would recommend this hotel and re-book should I be in Paris again.

Room Tip: Top floor have small south facing balcony.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Just back from a week at the Grand Hotel de Turin. The rooms are a little small, as one might expect, but quite comfortable and very clean.

The front desk staff are very friendly and accommodating. The lady running the breakfast room has limited English, but is super friendly and loves when you try to speak French.

The hotel is less than a five-minute walk to the Pigalle Metro station and close to some nice neighbourhood restaurants.

I would return here without hesitation.

Room Tip: During the summer, ask for a room at the back of the hotel. The street noise can be annoying if the...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Egypt
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This hotel so far was the worst hotel I have ever seen, It is more like a one star hotel or a hostel.
first, the breakfast was a basket of exactly 2 croissants and 2 mini danish, and the woman working there used to get the left-overs from the baskets on the table and put them for you in a new basket. and there was no variety at all, only turkey,corn flakes, and butter.
second, the receptionist was the rudest man I have ever met, we had a strongly worded fight with him, plus he insulted us. also, we found out, that this is man is the owner's son, which I found it even worse.
third, they gave us 2 soaps the whole trip and didnt change it unless we asked them to do so, and when we called the reception to get us new soap. his reply was "come get by yourself, do you think yourself at 4-stars hotel?!" which was the RUDEST reply!!!!!
and the elevator, oh my god, it was a shock! I thought at first they are joking and this isnt the real elevator who human beings can actually use.
it is like a tiny box, one can get in hardly!
DONT GO THERE BY ALL MEANS!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Noha A

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The staff were all very rude and unfriendly and one of them insulted us! they were totally unpolite we had a fight with one of them! I wouldnt recommend this hotel at all ! if you have any other option go for it and avoid this hotel ! rooms were not clean , soaps were not changed daily they didnt change it unless we asked them to and the new soap had a dead insect on!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends