“Decent hotel”

Grand Hotel de Turin
Ranked #1,251 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Decent, I wouldn't say it was value for money because it had no fridge, A/C and the wifi wasn't free, so I guess cheaper ones can be found and with more facilities. Good location and close to metro. Big comfy room. All staff were polite except one certain individual who was rude after we checked out, possibly because he didn't care since he wasn't getting any money from us. Like I said, a decent hotel, nothing super special. Very close to Pigalle metro, with a lot of boulangeries close by, as well as places to eat and supermarket. I enjoyed my stay, but that staff left a bitter taste at the end

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Angelos_Kapsimalis

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Perfectly positioned for a short stay in Paris, staff were very friendly and always willing to help and give advice on where to go.
One fault I would have is the beds are not that comfortable, we both found the bed was one the hard side. Also noise from people coming and going might upset some people.
The area around the hotel is really nice although be warned when heading for Pigelle/Moulin Rouge it is a bit unsavoury at night.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andy_M_1979_4543
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This is a decent, clean and well maintained 3 star hotel in the centre of Paris, in easy walking distance of Pigalle on Line 2 and St George on Line 12. Breakfast and Internet, both functional if not spectacular, are extra, and the staff are polite. They do not tolerate rudeness, and may come across as a little brusque. The obnoxious bad manners which some people think get you better service will have precisely the opposite effect here, and for that I salute them. Rooms clean, and functional, the street rather noisy, so bring ear plugs. No air-con, so the summer is only endurable if the window is left open. Given that some of the windows look out across to apartments across the street, you wouldn't want to be shy!

Room Tip: Ask to have a room away from the street, and the ones at the top are quite nice.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank seathrun_ceitinn
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Hotel de Turin for 4 nights whilst visiting Paris for my birthday.
The hotel is well placed, two minutes walk from the nearest metro station (Pigalle), 15 minutes walk from Gare du Nord (handy if you are coming via Eurostar) and surrounded by many lovely bakeries with lots of treats.
The staff at the hotel were extremely helpful, guiding us to the sights and advising us which places were must sees.
The room was clean, and of a decent size. My only two complaints would be the bed wasn't particularly comfortable, amd no tea/coffee making facilities in the room....which is exactly what I needed after a long day on my feet!
Internet access costs €2 for 24hrs which I found very reasonably priced.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank choward1985
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Hotel was value for money and really neat. The staff were friendly and always there to help. The rooms were comfortable and clean, toilets too which is always a plus point. Neighbourhood around the hotel was absolutely amazing, loads of quaint restaurants and bakeries! in my opinion, its the best arrondisement to stay in. Hotel is also very close to metro and bus stops (Pigalle) and so convenient to move around. Also walking distance to Montmartre (moulin rouge etc).

I booked through the hotel website which entitled us to free (very reliable) wifi throughout the stay.

The only problem I had was the rooms were not very soundproof, where you can hear your neighbours move in and out in the early hours. A little annoying but overall a great hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Summer L
Reviewed 5 January 2014

it is the worst hotel i've ever stayed in. that should summarize my review in a way.
here are the issues we faced:
1- check-in: we were three persons and booked two rooms 3 months ahead of the trip, when we first arrived (a bit early), the receptionist informed us that they don't have available rooms for the first night, he informed us that we need to either stay the three of us in a triple room for the first night then move to our rooms later, or we stay in a different hotel (2 stars) across the street for one night, then come back to our rooms...this of course wasn't accepted and we had to go for three hours then come back for them to arrange our booked rooms
2- the rooms are extremely small, we could barely fit in our beds, our suitcases could barely fit in as well
3- toilets are super small, and don't look clean at all
4- bed sheets had stains from the previous guest
5- Internet isn't for free
6- staff were rude (especially the first day)

However, on the other hand; the location is considered to be good, the hotel is safe (locked every night), close to the Pigalle metro station (which is nearly few stops away from everything nice in Paris).

Room Tip: nothing really matters, all rooms seem alike...if you really have to book your stay there, book a do...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank cfares
Reviewed 28 December 2013

It was our first time in Paris.. We spent almost half a day to search a good hotel and choose this one and we liked it very much... Few points I want to mention

First: hotel is only 4 minutes walking distance from metro station Pigalle (both M2 and M12 line )..
Second: Room was big and clean, toilet and shower was also clean and spacious.. nothing to complain..
Third: breakfast was expensive ( 9 Euro) , I will suggest to eat out at a very cheap price and good food.. I forgot the name of the breakfast place but you can easily find it, as it will be on the walking way to Pigalle metro station..
Fourth: The locality is little bit unsafe for walking or roaming about at night .. nothing to worry too much... this is kind of common for any places in Paris.. My suggestion is to avoid any kind of weird people on road..

I hope you will like this hotel... let me know if you have any questions...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple