“Unbelievable bad”

Hotel Antin Trinite
Ranked #987 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel as I was visiting friends who live in and around Paris, they told be that rooms in Paris are expensive and small, I also read that there where minor renovations going on at hotel during the time of my visit but nothing could of prepared me for my visit.
On arrival at the hotel I was firstly over whelmed by the state of the reception with a thousand or more electrical wires on the ceiling the bare walls and Brocken down plaster boards and the plastic dust sheeting hanging every Where. I tried to check in but the receptionist never bothered to acknowledge me as he was busy doing paper work that was obviously more important than myself, then stopped half way through my check in to answer the phone again far more important than the guest in front of him. I was given my key card to my room and told the room number no directions to room just waved away out of the reception area. It would have been nice to maybe given a map or some information about the surrounding area but nothing.
The hall way to the lift and stair where very grubby with the remnants of the current building work still splattering the ground and the large mirror at bottom of staircase was very dust and didn't look like it had be polished in weeks from the bottom of the stair case it was obvious that this area had been modernised but the design at guess has been created by a man as it is stark , harsh and what I think a prison would like. the terrible choice of carpet in green and black zigzag or purple and black zigzag was quite offensive to the eye.
My room was extremely small the size of a Box room in a modern uk house abou 6'6" square into which was crammed a 3/4 size bed very uncomfortable ( not a double) a cloths rack that you may find in a students room a small desk and chair and a 19' plasma TV with very bad reception. Again the walls are dark grey like a prison cell with grey curtains then an odd pink throw and cushions I'm not sure if the designer suffers with colour blindness or not .
The minuscule shower/toilet room had a very leaky cubical that drenched bathroom floor and towels when in use.
The room was at the back of the hotel and on to the back of other students accommodation so the noise from these young partying Parisians kept me awake until 5am
The staff at reception where very cold and one receptionist on returning on the Saturday evening was actually very rude
I am amazed that this hotel has stayed open through such major renovations and I'm sure in the UK it would have been illegal to have done so I would never stay at this hotel again.
The only upside is the location is okay

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank bubbletravelers
Charlotte Y, Manager at Hotel Antin Trinite, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Customer,
We sincerely apologize that your stay in our hotel is not well. We take into account all your comments. Know that we are improving each day our services to satisfy our customers.
Regards,
Manager

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Indeed this IS my 14th visit to the Hotel Antin Trinite .... Why? Because I am recognized and welcomed by the friendly reception staff plus the convenience of the location and travel connections ... 5 minutes from the Roissybus (airport bus) terminus ... a choice of Metro lines nearby ... and close to 'Les Grand Magasins'... is why I return.
And now I find that the rooms and bathrooms have been refurbished. What a difference! Storage has improved. Thank you.
(As expected) the room was kept spotlessly clean. Thank you.
The daily change of towels was appreciated. Thank you.

I enjoyed my stay and I shall return for a 15th visit.

To those who are critical of the 2* Antin Trinite ... reflect .. this is Paris, rooms are not cheap, they are small with no aircon (at this grade) but, here, they are clean and comfortable enough.

Room Tip: A room near the stairwell and lift can be noisy (briefly) but that's inconsiderate people for yo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ron M
Charlotte Y, Manager at Hotel Antin Trinite, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for your lovely comment.
We hope to welcome you again during your next trip to Paris.
manager

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Hotel is located in premium area. However this is all about compliments. It was my worst hotel so fare and I will not recommend it to anybody. Rooms are small that you can barely move, no cupboard, maintenance of the building was going on all the time which was very disturbing, staff was very impolite, expensive internet, no restaurant so breakfast can be provided only to the room, had issues collecting the receipt for internet fee, staff was holding the elevator for their own purposes and all this happened for only three days (definitely not value for money).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
7  Thank Predrag F
Charlotte Y, Manager at Hotel Antin Trinite, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Customer,
We sincerely regret that you have not had a good stay in our hotel. We will consider your comments to us pércieuses. The hotel is currently under construction which will allow us to improve our services (refurbished rooms, contemporary furniture).
management

Reviewed 25 August 2013

This is the fourth time I have stayed at this hotel over a period of five years. The location is a 5 min. walk from the drop off area of the Roissy bus from the airport ( by the Opera). The hotel itself it just behind the large department store. I stayed only one night this trip, the night I flew in to Paris.
As others have commented, the hotel is undergoing renos. The front desk clerk told me that all of the two star reasonably priced hotels in the area are undergoing renos so that they can charge higher rates.What a shame!... this hotel was always an inexpensive option in Paris.
During this stay, my room was directly across from the elevator (noisy) and facing the tiny street (also noisy).I have a personal gripe about single travellers, such as myself, who always seem to be given the poorest location in the hotel.
My room had been renovated and was much more nicely appointed than the rooms I had occupied on previous stays.... comfortable bed, pillow, eclectic funky decor.
The breakfast room was not open because of the renos, but instead I was able to order a breakfast tray to be delivered to my room.
Note:There is a small cafe on the street only a minute walk from the hotel, and as well, a takeaway place that served breakfast, but neither was open early enough on a Sunday morning so that I could eat before catching my bus. Likewise, when I arrived late on the Saturday night to check in to the hotel, the cafe at the end of the block was just closing and the take away was closed. It was a bit of a walk to find something to eat at 9pm.
I had a wonderful chat with the man at the front desk .... we talked for over an hour and he provided me with a lot of history on the topic we were discussing. He was very friendly and helpful. We spoke the entire time in French and he was very gracious about any language errors I made.
I will probably try this hotel on my next trip to Paris to see the completion of the renovations.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms across beside elevator. Rooms facing Rue de Provence are noisier.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank nutmeg06
Charlotte Y, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Antin Trinite, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your testimony and for the interest you have shown in our hotel. We are pleased to know that your stay was enjoyable malgrès work.

The team hotel Antin.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Very nice polite staff who were very helpful.. Room clean and a nice size well worth the € 60 we paid. Good location with nice restaurants a short walk and close to shopping district. Metro not far and good transport links

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dave130360
Charlotte Y, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Antin Trinite, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear Customer,
Thank you for sending us your satisfaction.
We hope to see you soon in one of our establishments.
The team hotel Antin.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Very nice location near roissybus from airport just behind Opera.
Room just renovated nice aspect and clean. Great service.
They are still in works renovating other rooms, maybe some more noise mid morning in week days, but we where in Paris not in the room that time.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Pedro C
Charlotte Y, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Antin Trinite, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Thank you for this message Pedro C. We are delighted to have met your expectations throughout your stay. We hope to see you soon in one of our hotels.
The team Antin Hotels.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

I stayed in this hotel for only one night, for which I'm grateful. The atmosphere in the lobby is already unpleasant, and large parts of the hotel are currently being renovated.

The room I stayed in apparently already had been refurbished. However, it lacked air conditioning and felt very hot, stuffy and sweaty in the Paris summer. If I opened the window, I'd hear the elevator and chatter on the stairs loudly. Further, the walls are thin - I could hear the TV from the next room clearly, and of course everyone walking past in the corridor. You can imagine how much sleep I got that night, and how refreshing it was!

The bathroom looked nice at first. Until I tried the shower; for the renovation, they had apparently raised the floor, and with my 1,94m, I could not stand in the shower, much less fit under the shower head without bending over. Seriously?

Internet was not included, despite the 140 EUR price tag for the night.

The location is reasonably convenient, which is about the only thing one can say in defense of this mediocre hotel.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lars_Europe

Dear customer,
I'm sorry to read your sad comment. We are fully aware of the fact that there are problems in the hotel. We are trying to solve it at the best we can. This is why we are renovating the entire hotel to improve the comfort and the stay of our clients. This is a period of transition. We make every effort to ensure that all goes well.
The Team Antin Hotels