“Typical budget hotel”

Hotel St. Georges Lafayette
Ranked #1,048 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 26 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Jennifer A
There are newer reviews for Hotel St. Georges Lafayette

Reviewed 23 October 2012

First, I would like to say that the hotel itself is quite reasonable. Very clean, the rooms are fine for Paris rooms, and the location is good.

Unfortunately I had property and money stollen from my locked suitcase inside a locked room at this hotel during my stay. The response from the staff and manager were completely unacceptable. They attempted to convince me not to go to the police, and also refused to call the police for me. I had to walk to the police station, walk back to the hotel to meet the police there, and then return back to the police station to make a report. The receptionist who I initially told about the theft also lied to the police officer (in front of me) by saying I had not informed the hotel of what had happened.

I have strong suspicions that someone working at the hotel was involved with the theft of my property as it occurred in a one hour window when I went to do laundry. I had to leave my room key (as is standard practice in small European hotels) with reception, who I mistakingly informed I was going to do laundry and would return in an hour.

I can not recommend this hotel purely on the staff and managements' response to the theft of my property and money.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
14  Thank BrisbaneBrad
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We stayed at St Georges Lafayette for four nights. Service and staff help were great and spoke three languages. The hotel is dated and there is no air con or elevator. Breakfast is very simple and as described in other reviews. All in all, the hotel is great value for Paris considering the great location of the hotel as long as you remember that you are paying for (and staying at) a two star hotel...
If we were after a cheap hotel in Paris, we would definitely consider staying here again.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2012

we just came back from Paris and spent 3 nights in Hotel St. Georges Lafayette, room 528
staffs are very friendly but agree with one of the comments that one of the staffs seem not understanding English very well, but no problem on communicating by writing and some gestures
room 528 is a room for 3 people so room size is good, but there is no elevator (only till 4th floor) so the younger staff kindly helped us to take our 2 big luggages to the room, but we took a while to carry those bags when heading to check out
breakfast is simple and good, the ladies in the pantry are both very friendly
location of the hotel not very ideal as the area is not very safe, and with bars nearby, so it is very noisy at nights, we woke up in the middle of the nights in 2 nights of our stay (Fri and Sat), except the last night, prehaps due to Sunday night before Monday working day
there is no air conditioning so okay for mild weather in Sept, the small heaters and a small fan in the room will not do much help to improve the temperature during winter/summer

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rebecca L
Reviewed 19 June 2012

My family and I spent several nights at this hotel. The staff was very nice and helpful and breakfast was good with excellent coffee. The rooms are very small and there is no air conditioning. If you face the street and leave the window open to have some ventilation, it is very loud because of the constant traffic, even late at night. Nonetheless, the hotel is in a good location with many amenities nearby. And, it's within walking distance to Montmartre and the metro.

Room Tip: If you'd like a bigger room, call ahead.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Raul C
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Great value for Paris, close to metro and La Gard du Nord, also to Montmartre. Rooftop rooms are small-but great views! A little noisy at night-it's on busy street. Great budget place!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank LenaC4
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I spent my vacation in Paris and stayed at St. Georges Lafayette during 4 days. It is situated about 20mins walking distance from La Gard du Nord from where I came through to Paris. It is also quite close to Pigalle Metro station, which is very practical. Mont Martre is also relatively near if you want to visit but bear in mind that it is situated at the top of a hill which at that time I did not realise. Pigalle is a famous place for obvious reasons but you can also get interesting food in this area and there is even a mini self service in the direction of the Metro. I liked the Moroccan place that sells Kebaab in place Pigalle, I would often take some and buy a French baguette and that was it for a dinner.

I booked the hotel online and was looking for something relatively cheap. I must say that it is OK for the price that you pay. The rooms are small and I stayed in one that overlooked the street. The bathroom was quite small as well, a tall person may have difficulty using it. I had only breakfast at the hotel and so I cannot comment on the food in general. But in the morning you get a typical french breakfast including baguette and croissant which is nice but you may complain if you are a heavy eater. If you are looking for a cheap place for a short stay in Paris and will obviously spend most of your time outside of the hotel then this is definitely a good choice. For me, the proximity of the Metro and the price have been a real plus.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple