“Excellent Choice!”

Hotel St. Georges Lafayette
Ranked #1,163 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 2 May 2013

This hotel was indeed a surprise... I've booked it from Argentina, knowing it would be a two-star hotel and assuming it would be way below average... but it really surprised me! The room was OK, not very big - but if you're in Paris, why would you want to stay in the room? The breakfast was very good, and included with the price - a croissant, bread, butter, Nutella, orange juice, yogurt and cafe au lait.

The neighborhood around the hotel was not bad - a little sordid a few blocks into Pigalle, but nothing to be scared of. Totally safe and clean. Metro was really close!!!

The staff was really willing to help - they spoke basic English and made sure they could help you out.

For a first visit to Paris, it's definately a good choice!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LUCHOXIV

Reviewed 9 March 2013

Honestly when I got to Paris I was expecting the worst from a 2 star hotel in Paris. But was a very nice surprise. The location is great, only 1 metro stop away from Moulin Rouge but the neighborhood is quiet and if you don't walk to Moulin Rouge you don't have the chance to see the sex shops and the bars. The closest metro station in Pigal, 250 m away from the hotel. We booked this hotel around 6 months in advance and we got a very, very good price for it. Is located in an old building with 5 floors. We had the surprise to find a romanian speeking receptionist, very kind, who explained us the basic this to know about our stay in Paris. The rooms are small, like almost all the rooms in Paris, but very warm(we stayed there in January but there was no problem with the heating or hot water) and clean. Towels were changed once every 2 days. The bathroom si very small...Is better to book a stay with breakfast included, because breakfast is ok, with yogourt, cereals, jam, butter, melted cheese, coffee(5 sortiments), hot chocolate, croissants, juice, water. If you want to eat such a breakfast in a french bakery for example will cost you a lot more than at the hotel. The staff is kind and they try to make you feel comfortable, eventhough almost all of them don't speak more than a little English. All the rooms are no smoking. You have Wireless Free Internet access in the rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the 5th floor. Eventhough you don't have elevator unless till 4, the rooms are...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2013

The room was at the top floor, while the lift only reached the floor below. Luckily we only had small bags. We had the same room as a previous reviewer and thought the room size was ok but not much floor space so you have to make sure you are very neat. The lady at reception told us that she had just taken over as proprietors for the hotel so don't know what difference this will make.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Redrosehorse
Reviewed 26 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Jennifer A
Reviewed 23 October 2012

First, I would like to say that the hotel itself is quite reasonable. Very clean, the rooms are fine for Paris rooms, and the location is good.

Unfortunately I had property and money stollen from my locked suitcase inside a locked room at this hotel during my stay. The response from the staff and manager were completely unacceptable. They attempted to convince me not to go to the police, and also refused to call the police for me. I had to walk to the police station, walk back to the hotel to meet the police there, and then return back to the police station to make a report. The receptionist who I initially told about the theft also lied to the police officer (in front of me) by saying I had not informed the hotel of what had happened.

I have strong suspicions that someone working at the hotel was involved with the theft of my property as it occurred in a one hour window when I went to do laundry. I had to leave my room key (as is standard practice in small European hotels) with reception, who I mistakingly informed I was going to do laundry and would return in an hour.

I can not recommend this hotel purely on the staff and managements' response to the theft of my property and money.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
14  Thank BrisbaneBrad
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We stayed at St Georges Lafayette for four nights. Service and staff help were great and spoke three languages. The hotel is dated and there is no air con or elevator. Breakfast is very simple and as described in other reviews. All in all, the hotel is great value for Paris considering the great location of the hotel as long as you remember that you are paying for (and staying at) a two star hotel...
If we were after a cheap hotel in Paris, we would definitely consider staying here again.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2012

we just came back from Paris and spent 3 nights in Hotel St. Georges Lafayette, room 528
staffs are very friendly but agree with one of the comments that one of the staffs seem not understanding English very well, but no problem on communicating by writing and some gestures
room 528 is a room for 3 people so room size is good, but there is no elevator (only till 4th floor) so the younger staff kindly helped us to take our 2 big luggages to the room, but we took a while to carry those bags when heading to check out
breakfast is simple and good, the ladies in the pantry are both very friendly
location of the hotel not very ideal as the area is not very safe, and with bars nearby, so it is very noisy at nights, we woke up in the middle of the nights in 2 nights of our stay (Fri and Sat), except the last night, prehaps due to Sunday night before Monday working day
there is no air conditioning so okay for mild weather in Sept, the small heaters and a small fan in the room will not do much help to improve the temperature during winter/summer

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family