“Good location and that's about it.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel St. Georges Lafayette

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel St. Georges Lafayette
Ranked #912 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Wellington, New Zealand
“Good location and that's about it.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Wish I hadn't looked that the rose tinted reviews on here before agreeing with the travel agent to stay here. My husband and I honeymooned across europe and mainly stayed in Accor branded hotels. This hotel left us wishing we'd just gone for an ibis.
Yes it's dated, but it's not exactly clean. The bed cover was covered in 'stains'. The shower is unmovable and basically sprays horizontally at the shower curtain or your face, the curtains were coming off the railing and made them difficult to close. Warning that walls are paper thin.
I wasnt expecting it to be perfect going on previous people's reviews, but I was expecting it to be better than what it was.
One of the staff members at the desk was super friendly and very helpful. This was overshadowed by the other, incredibly rude desk person.
Be aware that you need to leave the room key at the front desk and if you ask why, expect a very insolent "because I said so" type of reply instead of a reasonable explanation.
I wouldn't ever stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Kylie B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
New Bern, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

To be honest I was a little unsure about this hotel when I read the earlier reviews but the Hotel was close to Gare du Nord and close to a metro to the airport. I was pleasantly surprised by how sweet this hotel was. Yes it is technically in the "red light" district but I did not have any problems walking around at night (about 10pm- I do not recommend any young ladies being out later than that). I bought 2 door alarms just to be safe and didn't have any problems. A little noise from people walking down the street but not enough to disturb my sleep although I had bought ear plugs just in case.

The style of the hotel suited my tastes. It was not dirty or dingy but it was not sleak or modern either. I can only describe it as "old world" which as I said before, suited my tastes. The window view was lovely. I loved looking down the street. Breakfast was wonderful as well: Coffee (un cafe avec lait si'l vous plait) pastries, yogurt, cereal YUM!

The staff was amazingly friendly and lovely to talk to. Annis is one of the most interesting people I met and Filipe is multi-lingual and knowledgeable. They all spoke English very well. I felt like a Parisian and I loved every second there. Be sure to practice your French. Everyone appreciated it.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor and loved it. Perhaps rooms on the higher floors do not get much noise from...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Norwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

The hotel is an easy walk from Gare Du Norde in the Pigalle district. Room was small, but clean. Bed was ok, but not exactly comfortable + the room was very hot (a fan was supplied but not effective) The shower was impractical as you couldn't stand underneath it (it was set horizontally) + the shower head was cracked, meaning a flood every time the shower was used. We were scolded by the receptionist for not greeting him correctly in French + then instructed that we must learn the correct greetings if we wanted to visit France! After a poor nights sleep it was the last thing we needed. The local area seemed perfectly safe, despite being full of sex shops + strip bars. Pigalle Metro station is a very short walk away, giving easy access to the rest of Paris + the Sacre Cour + Montmarte are also within easy walking distance. There are lots of lively bars in the area which are great for evening visits, but not so great when the one opposite the hotel still has a singer/guitarist outside after midnight when you're trying to sleep!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank astramax151
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

For a two star hotel it is fairly resonable, it is small, but we have staying in small in our travels around France. There is no air conditioning and the room can be a bit stuffy. Set in the 17th preceinct, it is not too far from the Moule Rouge, and is located near train stations and has a few quaint little shops around. My partner had breakfast there, and it is a very reasonable price.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Handanny
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Good location, close to the metro station. We thought it was good value for the price, but still our most expensive accommodation in Europe (worked out around €100 a night without breakfast). The shower should be replaced as the shower head isn't very good at all. The room was small and tired, but overall we thought it was adequate and enjoyed our stay.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

This hotel was decent for a 2 star hotel. The staff were lovely, the rooms were okay...a bit small but we've had smaller elsewhere in Europe. On a couple of occasions the toilet paper and hand soap wasn't restocked so we had to follow that up. Also the shower didn't drain fast enough so you had to be quick! The room was pretty warm at night but the noise from the street (mainly scooters) prevented us from keeping the window open. It was a great location though in Montmartre...the Moulin Rouge is walking distance, and the Pigalle metro station just a few minutes walk away. Lots of cafes and places to eat. It is sort of known as the 'adult' district, lots of those kind of shops and strip clubs, so maybe not suitable if you have kids! Although you can't tell as much during the day. The one major problem for us with the hotel, as we stayed for 5 nights, was no internet; their WiFi didn't work for us, and then their computer in the lobby was also down for the whole of our stay. But if you're on a budget, I would still recommend, Paris is very expensive!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank KelsterSA
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

the rooms were smallish but had everything needed and were clean, the staff were really nice and helpful,didnt have breakfast so cant comment but others seemed to enjoy it! safety deposit boxes are available so you dont need to carry kindles,all your cash etc around with you which is great.the location was excellent!!!!I couldnt recommend it enough, it was a 3-4 minute walk to pigalle station and from there you could go anywhere and everywhere!!for those on a budget theres plenty of cheap eats around on the main road including mcdonalds, subway etc and some of the nicest bakeries ive ever visited, I would definetly stay at this hotel again xx

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple