“2☆ hotel, not disappointed.”

Hotel St. Georges Lafayette
Ranked #1,054 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
North Wales, United Kingdom
“2☆ hotel, not disappointed.”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Location and price. Both were very good. The en-suite bedroom wasn't too small.
How long do you want to stay in your room when in Paris?
Breakfast was continental, but there was no restriction on quantity.
The staff were friendly and helpful. This hotel is one of many in the Pigalle district. It's welcoming and comfortable. The sights and sounds of the area don't intrude, especially at night. Walk for five to ten minutes in almost any direction to discover a bar or restaurant, and the metro is five minutes walk to Boulevard de Clichy.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bobaub

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 11 March 2014

we stayed here early march this year and we picked this hotel because of the price and the location, we had no trouble staying here. The location was superb, you could easily walk to the Louvre museum and sacre coeur. Cosy restaurants near by, and the hotel staff was very helpful with transport and other things we needed. The wifi was working and there was no particular noise from the street. This was my third time in Paris and I think this area to stay was the best yet! Clean rooms and nice staff! I would go here again

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Elisabeth F
Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stayed here in February 2013. It's a 10 minute walk to Sacré-Coeur, close to the Pigalle metro station, so the location is really great.
The room and bathroom was incredibly small, even for a European hotel.
The free WiFi was not working at any point in our three day stay.
Free breakfast is nice, but rather stingy. From what I remember you are given one glass of juice, a croissant or two and maybe some fruit.
Front desk staff were very friendly though, suggesting good sights to see and how to get to them.
I don't think I would stay at this hotel again, but it was alright for the price we paid.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Laura S
Belleville, Canada
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel when we went to Paris.. The reason we picked it was the price, and its location.. Although it is close to Pigalle (the red light district of Paris) we felt completely safe.

The breakfast served at the hotel was pretty good. When we arrived from Canada after a very long flight (mid-morning) the breakfast was already closed, but they still made us a sandwich and coffee (cafe au lait) so that was nice of them.

Room was fairly clean, but small (although this is common in Europe).. My biggest concern was the lack of air conditioning.. When we went, the temps soared upwards of 35 degrees outside, and the only thing we had in our room was a little fan.. Better than nothing, but I cannot say the sleep was very comfortable.

If I go back to Paris, I would pay the extra money and go to a hotel with A/C.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Alex B
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for Christmas 2013 and the hotel is average size for European hotels it's has a nice bathroom but a small shower. Good location even though it is in the red light district we never felt like it was a bad neighborhood. It is a 5 min walk to the metro and there is plenty of markets to buy food or drinks there is also a mcdonalds by the metro. We arrived early and they held our bags while we walked around to burn time before checking in. The staff was very helpful with anything we needed. The only bad thing I could say about this hotel is when you leave you have to turn your room key in to the desk and when you come back you have to pick it back up, then the worst thing was the noise it seemed like there was no insulation in the walls or windows to help with the noise I could hear people's conversations on the street with the window closed and 4 floors up. If your a hard sleeper then it won't affect you. The beds were hard to but I just like them soft so that's my preference.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nathan S
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I stayed at the hotel from Sunday 15th to Saturday 21st December this year, My room was clean and tidy. There was no minibar and there were a couple of chips off the enamel bath, but this does not claim to be 5 star. At 6 euros/day the breakfast of cornflakes, yoghurt, orange juice, coffee and a basket of breads was quite adequate. The internet was fast and it cost only 2 euros for the duration of the visit. It is located a few hundred meters from the Pigale Metro and was easy to get to any place of interest. Sacre Cour was a walk of less than 1 km away. It is located in an area where there are a number of sex shops, but most Parisians walked around oblivious of them.
The staff were very obliging and helped me plan my journeys. So from my notes they gave me to get to the Arc de Triumphe "At Pigale Metro take line 12 to Concord, then change to Line 1 and get out at Charles de Gaulle Etoile".
They also advised me of the extortion if one is foolish enough to enter a sex shop. You get offered a drink, get charged 300 euros and the money is taken by force.
The hotel is great and I was very happy with it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank David L
Tel Aviv
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The hotel was booked for a day by my agent while staying in Paris.
I arrived at 10:00 am and was told I would have to wait till 14:00 and couldn't enter before unless I was willing to pay an extra 30 Euro.
This wasn't explained in the voucher, nor by my agent and when requested, they themselves could not show where it was written in their terms and conditions - I believe they were trying to take advantage of the fact they could see I was tired from an overnight flight and wanted to make some extra cash.
I don't find this professional and felt between a stone and a hard place - I don't like people trying to take advantage of others.
If you choose to go there, be on your guard - for them, the customer is only right when they choose.
Ryan Sorrell

Room Tip: There's internet and tv, the room is not carpeted but clean. The shower was slippery and dangero...