Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
ToonKing23
Budapest, Hungary

Decent clean hotel

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 Nov 2015
Stayed 4 nights at this hotel during our Paris visits. It's a small, tidy hotel. Room was small, bathroom even smaller, but it was clean, which is the main thing.

Bed was fairly big and confortable.

I've seen no air conditioning heating was provided by a small heater which was enough. No parking.

We didn't have breakfast in the hotel there are plenty of great places to eat in the vecinity so I saw no reason for it.

Wi-fi was good.

Staff was so and so, during the 4 days we had people who were really nice to also grumpy ones. I needed to print two pages , took 1 minute, they asked for 40 cents. I hate when hotels pennypinch like that. Now instead of me raving how helpful the staff was , I'm annoyed . :)

The biggest problem was that the walls were really really thin. I usually am not bothered when I see these statements in reviews, but this was really thin ! :D . Woke up at 4 am by our chinese neighbor teleconferening.

All in all it was good for what we needed it. A bed to sleep in, as most of our day was outside. It's good value for the money.
Date of stay: November 2015
    £91
3.8 miles from Hotel Saint Georges Lafayette
Room service
View more hotels in Paris
All reviews pigalle metro stop sacre coeur the hotel staff very nice hotel moulin kettle arrondissement
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 November 2015

I pre-booked a few nights here so I couldn’t leave, but if I can save you from this experience and not wasting your money I will!Firstly in France the hotels are supposed to be Smoking free areas, this was clearly a hotel where people smoked constantly, our room smelt disgusting. The location is ok to get around Paris, but everything is easy to get to by metro anyway. The internet Wifi system rarely works well and is frustrating to use. As for the size of the room, it was very small. The rooms are old and need renovation. The bathroom was extremely awkward to move in with a very uncomfortable shower, that will flood the floor. The street below is noisy and the renovations and guests around you can also be loud, so forget about a peaceful quiet sleep. We made the best out of a bad situation by leaving the room early and returning late, spending as little time as possible there. My advice is that there are a million hotels to choose from so go elsewhere.

Room tip: Don't bother
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank ReviewCat2015
Reviewed 5 November 2015

Room tip: Simple but enough for short stay.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveller and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Reviewed 1 November 2015

Our room was on the first floor, my 80 year old mother was with us and couldn't climb a lot of stairs. The room was nice and clean but tiny. There were no windows and no air conditioning, there was an electric fan. We were there in September so the evenings were cooler and our door opened out to an open air area. If it was hot when we got back, we opened the door to cool down the room for a bit. We closed the door at night, ran the fan and it stayed comfortable for sleeping. The bathroom was one large open wet room with a shower, no tub. It was fine for what we needed, since we were out and about all day sightseeing. We just needed a place to sleep and shower, it served the purpose. The staff was very nice, helpful and spoke some English.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Gayle M
Reviewed 28 October 2015

I feel like this place is a little under-rated. The staff was really nice and helpful. The food around the place is fantastic, however. There are a few really, really good bakeries. In fact, I'm really missing them right now. Cheese cake, mousse, even baguettes. All just down the street and around the corner. As far as restaurants go, to the west you have some budget restaurants, first stop on the east is mid range, and then one block past that are some more high end places.

It is a little bit of a hike to get to the main attractions, but it's Paris, and unless you're out of shape or unable to walk it, you'll really miss out a lot on things if you don't walk. Paris is a beautiful city to walk through, and if you're taking the metro you're going to miss out on a lot. I found some cool markets and stuff on the way to main attractions from this hotel, and I would have missed them if the location weren't so good.

As for noise and stuff, it's a two star hotel, you should bring ear plugs if you're a light sleeper (though I am and I didn't really need them) and have proper expectations. I had an interior room and it was pretty quiet, specially considering the area it's in is not exactly a dead area. For a two star, it was absolutely great and I would definitely stay there again. Like, you wake up and literally no matter which way you walk, you are really close to a really good bakery. This place is top notch for a budget traveller who likes convenient, local places to eat.

Behind all of that, you have the red light district, but compared to other red light districts, it's a bit nicer. Not to mention it's a good two blocks away or so so if you never want to see you, you never have to (you don't cross it walking to the main areas).

I walked to Gare Du Nord to take the RER B back to Charles De Gaulle airport. It took around 20 minutes, all I had was a backpack. The location really is great. If you expect to walk a few blocks and get to the main areas you might be a little disappointed but there's a lot the immediate area has to offer if you like food (and really, how can you not like French cuisine? I already miss it!) and it's pretty close to the RER B to get to the airport. Close enough to be a moderate walk but far enough away to not have to deal with the negatives that usually come from being close to a large transportation hub.

Room tip: Get a room overlooking the interior courtyard
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank trotter866
Reviewed 20 October 2015

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel St. Georges Lafayette last April 2014 for four days and three nights.

It had the basic amenities we require. Front desk service was also good as they are very much willing to assist when you inquire about places to visit and how to get there.

The hotel is near the Pigale metro station, the Montmartre tram and a bus stop for the bus going to the center of the city. We usually used the bus as the route covers most of the tourist spots - the Louvre, Palais Royal, Hotel de Ville, etc.

The Sacre Couer is just a short walk away though it is through cobbled stones up the hill. You can either walk up the hill, take the funicular or the little train of Montmartre.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple