“Great location and value, tiny rooms”

Eden Hotel Montmartre
Ranked #925 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Port Vila, Vanuatu
“Great location and value, tiny rooms”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We were very happy with our 4 night stay here. Location is great - metres from metro. Nice walk to /around Montemartre. Be aware the room is really small. Free coffee and tea and snacks at reception is a nice touch.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Turkish first
Tennesse
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed there for 4 nights in June 2014. The rooms are clean and well kept, same with bathrooms. Rooms are small by US standards, as can be expected in Paris, but fairly decent sized compared to previous experience in Paris and London. I think we paid around 105 EU per night and I think a decent price for this time of year. The front desk staff especially the daytime staff - the lady during the weekend and other lady during weekday are very helpful and friendly. Since we needed 2 rooms close to each other they also accommodated room change to higher floor as we felt it was a bit noisier on 1st floor.

The location is pretty good with close access to Jules Joffrin (JJ) Metro, but from JJ metro typically you need to make couple of Metro changes to get to main sights in Paris. Which is fine if you're are not traveling with older folks, or can't climb too many stairs. Lot of local restaurants and shops in the neighborhood and not as touristy so that's great. Also quick taxi ride to Paris Nord and about 45EU ride from CDG.

The breakfast for 7.50 EU is decent if you don't want to venture out, but there are great bakeries and options closeby. Good Wi-Fi, used for casual Internet access.

As someone earlier noted the George Constanza looking guy who is the owner or manager I guess is not overly friendly, was not rude either, but you typically don't deal with him too much :)).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank david_sTennesse
Trieste, Italia
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I was there with my girlfriend on March for 3 nights. The room was clean and had everything working properly even if was a little bit noisy ( you can hear and feel when the underground is passing due to some vibration. The hotel is very close to the underground station of Jules Jouffrin). Apart this, very good the breakfast and perfect the location!!!also the price was good. If we will be back in Paris we probably take again this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I recently travelled to Paris and booked this hotel because it offered a convenient locale and a reasonable price. I decided on the Eden Hotel Montmartre as it had all of the features I required and was priced well within my budget. I knew I had made the right choice from the moment I walked in the door. The staff were so welcoming and assisted me to my room. The receptionist commented that I looked a bit weary and perhaps needed a coffee. When she brought the coffee, she advised me I was welcome anytime in the lobby where they had fresh juice and tea for guests.

I needed to print some things out, and expected a bill of 2 or 3 Euros per page based on past experiences. No charge. They are happy to print things for free. I needed help making a call in Paris, no charge and as my French was rusty, helped me get to the person I wanted to speak with.

Free very good WiFi throughout the hotel. A lift to get you almost to your floor (It stops halfway between floors so you have to walk up or down half a flight.

It is also close to some excellent restaurants and a 10 Euro taxi ride to Paris' North Railway station (for the Eurostar).

I have to say that this hotel will long be remembered and I will use it on any return to Paris.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank mvivu
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We chose this hotel for the location, and it had reasonable reviews for price - we weren't disappointed. It is a block from the metro station, has a lovely feel to it, and whilst the staff weren't the most personable, they did their job. Our room was small, but clean and tidy. Breakfast was lovely. Wifi signal was good. Small lift, but a lift nonetheless.
I can't fault the location of this hotel - within walking distance of two metro stations, supermarket and of course patisseries nearby, and within walking distance of the Sacre Coeur - if you are fit! Those steps and hills are steep! I would definitely stay here again, it really was a pleasure to stay at this charming hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Eden for 5 nights Feb.2 - 7 2014 to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. The place is very suitable and the location is excellant. This area is the artsy district and it has a lot to offer! Our room was nice and it came with a bathtub as well!
Our roomed faced the street and we loved to hear the noise of Paris outside!
When we checked in on Sunday Feb.2/14, the attendant, a young female was incredibly helpful and friendly. Unfortunately, we never seen her again. Instead, the manager, who reminded me of George Kastanza was really of no help at all. I asked him to arrange transport back to CDG airport and he got so flustered (mumbling in french in a high pitched voice) that I started to walk away. The night before I left, I asked the attendent on nights to give us a wake up call for 05:45 and it didn't happen. When I went down for breakfast the next morning he was still on duty and once he learned that the call never came, he made excuses but couldn't muster up the ability to say "sorry".
Lastly, when I booked and I told them i chose their establishment to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary, they said they will give us a bottle of champagne celebrate the occassion.
Still waiting for that. Probably went to where the wake up call did.
So in closing, don't let the staff discourage you from choosing this place. It has a lot of good things going for it as I said earlier.
Unfortunatley Kastanza wasn't one of them!

Room Tip: Room 32 was our room. Free wi-fi wasn't very good but that was the same all over the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank steelman99
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed as a couple for 3 nights (31st Jan-3rd Feb) and as the most recent review pointed out I don't know what people are moaning for. We had a room on the top floor (6th), facing the street. Yes, the lift is on the small side but unless you are morbidly obese it can cope with two people and two suitcases going 30 seconds to the top.
We paid 10 euro a night extra to have a deluxe double room but our friends (another couple) who had a normal double room on the 4th floor were just as happy as us. The room itself wasn't massive but very clean and tidy, the bed was huge and very comfy making it difficult to get out of bed in the morning (or maybe that was the red wine). The en suite was clean and the shower powerful although the bath towels were more like hand towels! The hotel is on a main road but we didn't notice the noise apart from an occasional rumble from the Metro.
Breakfast was about 7 euros but we didn't bother as it was continental, (but looked nice if you like that sort of thing) it finished at 11 and then they have free coffee and tea and orange juice you can just help yourself to next to the reception.
We couldn't fault the location. The sacre Coeur is only 10 minutes walk up the hill (a lot of steps!) but worth it for the gorgeous view. You will find lots of restaurants and a lovely little square of cafés and bars up there. The nearest metro is Jules joffrin (turn left out the hotel and walk up) but if you are travelling to the centre of Paris (to the louvre/notre dame) walk up a bit further to the marcedet poissoners station. This is also the easiest for getting to and from Gard du Nord/the airport - this line from the marcedet tube station runs direct to Gard Du Nord and from there you can change to the airport train (about 9 euros each way) Your best bet for the metro is to get an unlimited 1/3/5 day pass as you can't buy tickets in every station. You'll only need the zone 3 pass which was 24 euros for 3 days unlimited travel unless you're going miles away from the centre - the furthest we went was Stade de France to watch the England vs France game. There are plenty of restaurants and bars on the same street as the hotel, and there is a cash machine just across the road. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, they have a locked room at the bag to leave your bags if you aren't going to the airport until later.
All in all Hotel Eden Montmartre was a great choice and we would stop here again :)

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple