“Great location, great staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PREMIER 61 Paris Nation Hotel

BEST WESTERN PREMIER 61 Paris Nation Hotel
Ranked #683 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Great location, great staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

My college-age son and I ended up at this hotel because it popped up on Hotwire for $84 a night, and was in an good location. It turned out to be a great Hotwire gamble. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating, getting us into a room with two beds on the second night. The rooms were small with regard to what Americans are used to, but it was not an issue because we spent little time in the room, and there were only two of us. The beds were very comfortable, and the bathroom comfortable, with a fabulous shower and a warming rack. The internet was FREE and fast. We didn't take advantage of the small hotel cafe, but the in-room coffee was good.
The location was perfect for us, because it is a short block away from the Yellow Metro line, which goes to all the major museums, the Arc D'Triomphe and follows the Champs d'Alysees. The area around the hotel was very safe, with a main street with good restaurant and shop options a couple blocks away.
I recommend this hotel highly if you are looking for an inexpensive, safe place to stay in Paris.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mike G
Sonia D, Directeur général at BEST WESTERN PREMIER 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
dear Customer

Thank you for your comment. I'm glad you had a good stay with us and I hope you soon again at 61 Paris Nation.
Good weekend

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Bunwell
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel has been refurbished and is clean and modern. The location is very close to the Metro station and you are in central Paris in 15 minutes. The staff were very helpful and I would use the hotel again. I have seen other comments that the rooms are small. Our room was not massive but reasonable for a Paris hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mikeald33
Dear Customer

Thank you for your comment that made me very happy. I'm glad you had a pleasant stay with us and I hope you soon again at 61 Paris Nation.

Have a Good weekend
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Only downsides are really small elevator ( max 3 ppl no luggage)
And hotel doesn't have a car park. Had to park the car on the road outside which was full most of the time which led us to park the car a few streets away
Other than that really good rooms and service brilliant

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sonia D, Directeur général at BEST WESTERN PREMIER 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comment. I hope you spent a nice stay among us even with the parking trouble. There is a underground parking place located next to the nation place.

Have a nice week-end
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I've just arrived home after spending three nights at this hotel. I picked it because my husband and I were participating in the semi marathon de paris and we wanted to stay close to the start line. It was a breeze getting to the hotel via metro line 1. The stop is Porte de Vincennes. The hotel is literally around the corner, about 1 minute walk from the metro. The hotel was very clean and the room very big for a paris hotel. A big plus was having a kettle with tea and coffee in the room free of charge. This meant that we didn't need to buy breakfast at the hotel as there were plenty of super markets around to buy brioche, pan au chocolat etc.

It took about an hour to get from the airport by train on rer b to chatelet then on to metro line 1 and it took about 30 mins to get to the Eiffel Tower from the Porte de Vincennes stop.

The staff were very nice and helpful and they were patient as I practised my french :) I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: There was no swimming pool however there were directions in the room as to where the nearest swimmin...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank runnerhmck
Sonia D, Directeur général at BEST WESTERN PREMIER 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comment. I'm really pleased you enjoyed your stay among us and I'm happy to read you will visit us again.

Waiting for you next visit

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

we enjoyed the hotel, service and especially since it has been so nicely resdesigned. the Team was very helpful, demonstrated real profesionalism in welcoming and assisting the guests with our questions. Close to the heart of the center and still in a very quite little street. merci

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with bookinnfrance.com

Sonia D, Directeur général at BEST WESTERN PREMIER 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Guest

I'm so glad that you took time to write such a great comment. I'm also happy you enjoyed your stay among us

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Hotel is clean and cosy with very friendly staff. Direct access to CDG by 351 bus. Direct access to M1 metro line. Good groceries and food courts in neighbourhood. I got very reasobnable price by booking.com (in Paris standards of course) so it encoureged me to stay 5 days.
Comfortable beds and linen. Perfect for stay in 4 star place with medium budget. I travel really a lot and can fairly compare - so I recomed that place really honestly - unless you are luxory propelled person.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with bookinnfrance.com

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sonia D, Directeur général at BEST WESTERN PREMIER 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Guest

It's always a pleasure to read such a nice comment. My team and I are pleased if you enjoyed your stay among us.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Quiet area, near to metro, only 15 minutes from city centre. . Within French family area, lots of food shops and places to eat. Feels safe. Hotel lovely, staff helpful, rooms quiet, small but clean, beds very comfortable. Would definitely visit again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Lynne542014
Sonia D, Directeur général at BEST WESTERN PREMIER 61 Paris Nation Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Guest

It is such a pleasure to read such a nice comment about our hotel and staff. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much that you are planning to visit us again.

Waiting for that visit,