Des Ducs d'Anjou
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Room Service
All reviewsgreat locationlouvre and notre damepedestrian streetheart of parislots of restaurantshotel is locatedour night stayrooms are smallbreakfast roomsubway stationyogurtchateletrerpompidoucellarmaraisparisian
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The hotel is located between the Halles and rue de Rivoli. You could hardly wish for a more central location. The rooms at the backside of the hotel are perfectly quiet and comfortable, with a spacious bathroom, good shower, large wardrobe, excellent bed and the high ceiling. I was especially pleased with the lights, both in the room and bathroom, as well as the possibility to open the window. The staff was attentive and discreet. A perfect place to stay in the hustle and bustle of Paris.although perhaps just a little overpriced.

Room Tip: If you appreciate quietness, ask for one of the rooms at the backside of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Erik J
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Three of us stayed here in April for 3 nights, in 2 bedrooms (double and single). The first thing to say is that the hotel is really hard to locate by sat-nav or by asking local people (who were very helpful). The hotel is in a pedestrianized area so very difficult to even drop off luggage (and we were with a disabled man).

Once we found the hotel the Receptionist was very helpful (and spoke fluent English).

We used local car parks which can be quite difficult to locate (probably down to us) and expensive (Euro 59 for less than 24 hours).

Although the hotel boasts a 4* sign, the bedrooms are VERY small - don't try to swing a cat! This isn't too bad for one person but when there are 2 in a room... The bathrooms are equally tiny. Ours had a shower rather than a bath (at our request) and the toilet is so close to the sink that it makes using either of them difficult. The shower has no partition between itself and the rest of the small room so difficult not to get the ground wet.

We didn't eat here so I can't comment on food/service.

The Reception was manned 24 hours which was good as we returned late, having attended a wedding.

All in all, I wouldn't return here (because of the location and room size.).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Little room, not really clean, staff not really kind, too expensive in comperison with the service. The bathroom was clean but in a old fashion style. Located in a very strategic and central area of Paris

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I was lucky enough to come across this lovely boutique hotel after my first day in Paris started off on the wrong foot with another online reservation gone so horribly wrong that I didn't even stay the night. At Hotel des Ducs d'Anjou, the receptionist (Isabel) was friendly and welcoming and set up my accommodations very quickly. I enjoyed one of the suites on the 6th floor of the hotel with a beautiful sitting room with charming French decor, plush bathrobes, a super comfortable bed and spacious bathroom. The rooms were warm, exceptionally clean and everything I had envisioned a hotel in Paris to be. It is also steps away from many of the city's main attractions (the Louvre, Musee d'Orsay, The Siene, and plenty of eateries. I did not take advantage of the hotel's breakfast, but the common areas (lobby and breakfast lounge located on the bottom floor) were tastefully decorated and inviting. I would come back to this hotel in a heartbeat! Thank you for making my first stay in Paris one I will never forget!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Lynda C
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have just got back from a weekend stay in Paris at this hotel. The hotel is in an excellent location within walking distance to many of the major areas and right next to a metro station. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
The room was very small but it was clean and had everything we needed. We stayed in a room with a balcony which was fantastic. The street noise is a little loud when we had the doors open but the sound is almost completely blocked with the doors shut.
Would definitly stay here again.

Room Tip: Only 2 of their rroms have balconies but it is worth asking for one as you may be lucky like we were!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple