“Great Location”
Review of Des Ducs d'Anjou

Des Ducs d'Anjou
Ranked #1,106 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This was a return visit and all services were the same, good location, hotel staff friendly. Lift quite tight but happy to have one. Room cosy but workable for Paris. We were in rm 44 which overlooked the street, made it slightly noisy in the early mornings with Paris activity but nice to look out. Situated at Les Halles, close to Pompidu Centre, Louvre, Rue de Rivoli, Seine etc. Many cafes to choose from.

Would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: room 44 overlooks the street
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I was extremely happy with my choice of Hotel Ducs d'Anjou however I was left wondering how they received their fourth star. It is clearly not deserving of this. While the location is excellent and the hotel quite charming, I noted a number of maintenance related issues in my room. The lavendar colored carpet was extremely faded and in need of replacement. I had peeling paint above the shower. The sink stopper was broken. The towel warmer was cracked in two places. The WiFi connection was horrible-that was a huge disappointment. The front desk receptionist, Florence, was extremely hospitable and helpful to me. All the front desk agents seemed to speak enough english which was much appreciated. The air conditioner in my room worked perfectly. Loved being able to walk out the front door of the hotel and immediately be in the heart of Paris, Super close to Chatelet Les Halles metro station, so very easy to get around the city and transfer to CDG for my return trip home. I was pleased overall, but feel they need to address some basic issues to deserve that fourth star in their rating. I hope to return someday. They NEED to fix their WiFi issues before I return!

Room Tip: My room #22 had windows opening onto the plaza below which I liked, but found the smell of cigarette...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2014

With so many hotels to choose from in Paris, it took a lot of searching to find one that suited. It was easy to get to from the airport, being about a 1 minute walk from Les Halles RER (and Metro), which links directly to CDG. The hotel is very central, between the Louvre, Notre Dame etc. It is in a pedestrian area surrounded by shops, restaurants and bars, with lots of people sitting outside at cafes and generally just chilling out. We stayed in the jr suite, which was lovely. Lots of people have commented on the size of rooms, but the room we had was fine. The room also had a lovely balcony, which was unexpected. The staff in the hotel were very friendly and extremely helpful. I will definitely stay here the next time I am in Paris.

Room Tip: Junior suite has a lovely balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had a wonderful stay in the delightful boutique hotel. Lovely room overlooking the piazza, friendly staff. It was very comfortable and clean. The location in the heart of Paris is just brilliant.
I will return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JMADDO
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We had two connecting rooms (25 & 26) for ourselves and two teenagers, which were very convenient. You cannot ask for a better location. The Metro is just a few steps away, and shopping and restaurants are beyond plentiful right outside the door. Also, the Louvre and Pont Neuf are within walking distance. Every day we found a different street or section of Les Halles that we hadn't seen. The rooms were small (our kid's was a little bigger than ours), but efficient. There is a European shower in each (only tub with handheld shower). Staff was extremely helpful in giving directions, and when my son had an allergic reaction to the sheets, they very kindly rewashed them in the hotel (as opposed to outside service) that day, and he was fine. My only complaint about the hotel was the a/c in our room seemed to be barely working. Also, it can get loud in 25 as that room is outside a lively area, but the only time it really bothered me was on Bastille Day. On the flip side, you have an interesting option for people-watching.

We arranged taxi pickup to and from airport with the hotel, who answered our e-mail immediately. I highly suggest doing this, as when we used other cabs around town, they said they couldn't drop us off in front bc it's a pedestrian area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is a nice Parisian hotel centrally located in Paris - a great place to stay if visiting the main sights.
As an American you may be surprised by the small room size and lack of a good shower but once you get used to that you'll enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Being on a thriving street it can be a little loud... so higher up is better, but my room had excell...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Second time of staying here, and will stay again.
Travelled to Paris via Eurostar this time, and Gare Du Nord is just a few stops from Chatelet on Metro Line 4. As you emerge from underground, the hotel is a few metres in front of you.
Hotel is very close to the Louvre, and just very handy for a lot of the touristy places.
We had a room with balcony overlooking the street - which is much better than no view!!
Staff are excellent and very friendly (and I didn't need to try my schoolboy French).
All-in-all very satisfactory.

Room Tip: pay the extra for a view/balcony
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple