“I'm alive and well!”
Review of FM Hotel

FM Hotel
Ranked #1,741 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 23 September 2013

A group of 6 of us stayed here for a short weekend break, wanting to see the sights in Paris. The hotel is around a 20 minute walk from Gare Du Nord, however id recommend taking a Taxi straight to the location. This hotel is an exactly what it says on the tin type of hotel. They tell you it's basic, and basic is exactly what you get. If you're expecting champagne and truffles on arrival then you may be slightly disappointed.
Staff (man) was friendly, good English, more than happy to help with any problems. It's a 24hr reception, so he sleeps and takes (Pat) Naps in there too. No lift, just one spiral stair case, so this would be a complete no go, if travelling with pushchairs or if unable to use the stairs.
Room was a fairly large double room, decent bed, simple bathroom and TV. No fridge, safe box, Air Con, and if your window closes, lucky you!
For me, I don't have too many issues with the hotel, its a bed for a night, and that's it. We were out for most of the time in the centre of Paris, and it is a beautiful city.
If in a group and want a crash pad then go for it. Safe to say if I was by myself, I don't think I would be writing this review!
All in all it was a great weekend, don't hold back from visiting Paris, and the hotel is .. unique.

Room Tip: No safe box, and you have to hand in your key. Take items and loved ones with you at all times.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank 188,123
There are newer reviews for FM Hotel

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Pros:
* Cheap
* Provides drinking water, toileteries and daily room service
* Spacious rooms
* Provides good blankets

Cons
* Very very poor and awckward loacation
* hard to fin the hotel. It is present very much inside the streets
* The reception people speak English but behaved rudely
* No lifts and the stairs are very small
* Wi-Fi was not working and the person didn't even care to apologise
* No cupboards or any of that sort to keep / lock your stuffs
* TV was pathetic. It was a 10'' PC monitor
* Lack of plug points
* Bed and pillows were not very comfortable
* Very very small bath

Room Tip: Please do not choose this hotel unless or until you have no other options. You will surely regret it...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank sbeshwaran89
Reviewed 4 June 2013

But from the moment we got off the metro we had our doubts. We were staying in a flat in the Marais before coming here and to say this was a step down would be an understatement. Yes, the hotel is very budget-friendly and there is a metro stop not 10mins away on foot, but as 2 young girls traveling, I would certainly not recommend this hotel as the neighborhood is really rather scary. The room itself as well was dirty, the bedding had cigarette burns, the sink and toilet had stains, and the smell, the SMELL! Thank goodness we were only staying for one night or we definitely would have stayed somewhere else. If you're a man considering this hotel; maybe, but if you're a woman; no, don't do it. I'd suggest looking into renting a flat instead as long as you don't mind no 24-hour desk bc price is almost comparable for some places, better in large groups (granted most places ask for a "caution" or security deposit of at least 100eur) and you can stay in a much nicer area. Check out homeaway, homeliday, flipkey, etc. first.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

This is very simple hotel not so far from metro station and 10 min walk from north train station.
Rooms are a bit used but they are clean and bright.
Staff is very nice and helpful. I arrived early morning and even though my room was paied from 3 pm i got it without any extra payment just afrter i got there.
Neighborhood may seems not nice specially after dark but i did not have any inpleasant situations while walking around at any time.
Hotel is a good value ( from 50-65€ per room ). I dont think you can expect more for that price being in the center of Paris.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank very-sunny
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Me and my partner stayed here during a very hot week in July 2012. We chose this hotel for the price, location and proximity to the metro (chateau rouge). For convenience it was great... 15 mins tops of the metro and you're in central Paris! The rooms were ok... average but not great. The hotel staff were friendly and happy to assist us with any questions we had about Paris.

However, the area the hotel is situated in is horrible (such a shame because the sacre coeur and the moulin rouge are both 10, 15 mins away by foot and are in nice areas). After watching the film 'Amelie' I expected Montmartre to be a quaint part of Paris but this hotel is situated in an awful place. Its paris' version of woolwich or lewisham in London - but worse. There was so much rubbish in the streets and constant flows of water in the gutter (not sure what it consisted... of im praying it wasn't sewage).
Also - NOT a place for gay couples to stay as my girlfriend got spat on by a local out of their window and we also got harassed outside the tube by a man using gay taunts. Dont think its ideal for girls traveling on their own too because you don't feel safe there of an evening.

Room Tip: No lift so chose a room on a low level... no good views to be seen from top floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel N
Reviewed 27 October 2012

For me , it's been really funny to see these negative reviews! I really dont know what kind of luxury are you expeting from a room that costs 30 eur! Hello?!? This is a perfect hotel for a budget traveler who wants to stay close to the metro and goes to the hotel only to sleep! The staff is friendly, the room is cleaned on a daily basis, you have your own bathroom in the room...
I mean, the neighbourhood in certain times is a little bit creepy, but if you wanna stay there to see the magnificent Paris for a few days and dont want to spend a lot, this is a GREAT option for you.
Nobody is forcing you to stay in a cheap hotel (according to the standards of Paris, it's cheap), if you want luxury, choose a Hilton and pay 200 eur a night.
Tip: if you are expeting a big breakfast, dont take the one of 6 eur. They offer the traditional croissant, baguette with honey, butter, coffee and orange juice. It's a good option if this kind of breakfast is for you. The quality of the products is divine and truly Parisian!
Best of luck! I would go there again and I recommend it for people who use hotels for sleeping!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank susanna l
Reviewed 3 September 2012

FM Hotel Paris is really bad.

The room was dirty with hairs and dirt on the floor and in the bed. There were hairs of all kinds in the sheets. The shower room was poor and dirt in the shower corner. the place is cheap but there is still a minimum level expected. We decided to book another place.

I complained to the management and asked for a refund to my credit card. It was 6pm they said it was not possible to do it then and that i should come back the next day this was not possible for us.

After my trip several weeks later I saw they had still not refunded the money. I sent them 2 emails asking for a refund. I never got a response. This was the email they confirmed the booking from so it must have been correct.

Finally I had to take it up with Booking.com who eventually got them to credit me back 1 night. So even though we didn't use the room it cost me 65 euros.

Terrible service, terrible place.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family