“Perfect place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 155 Speciality Lodging in Paris
Lancashire
“Perfect place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

We have just returned after a 5 day trip to Paris for both business and pleasure. The Nell was excellent for a family of 3, with a very comfortable sofa bed for our little boy. Everything was very clean with a large bathroom with bath and shower. The bedroom was a good size with windows overlooking the street, in fact the corner of 5 streets! Plenty of storage and an excellent sized bed. The added bonus of a small kitchen made things so much easier in the morning. A quick trip across the road for a pastry while the coffee was brewing made for a great start to the day. It was in easy reach of a metro station however the Louvre was only a 20 min walk with a 10 year old and Montmartre was again 25 mins away. Some lovely streets for shopping near by with a great selection of bars and cafés. I would stay here again on any trip to Paris, the staff were friendly however we didn't have much contact with them as we had nothing to ask for or for that matter complain about. Word of advice the website does state iPod Dock in each room, this is not the case however adapters are available from reception. Give it a go you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor if the street noise will bother you.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NELL09, Directeur général at Residence Nell, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Likethesea,

We thank you very much for your excellent review.

It will be a real pleasure to welcome you again for your next trip in Paris.

About the iPod dock, on request, we can put it in your room. Next time, it will be in before your arrival.

All the team stay at your disposal for your next trip here.
To have the best rates, please send us an email.

Arnaud Valary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Larbert, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

The Nell was a great choice during a business trip this week. It is very close to a Metro station and within reasonable walking distance of others on different lines. I was at a conference at La Defense and getting there and back was straightforward.

The actual accommodation was great, good sized seating/dining/kitchen area. We'll equipped with Nespresso machine. Bathroom and shower spacious enough. The bedroom was of a really decent size with flat screen TV. The bed was very comfortable and I slept very well indeed.

The young lady and young gentleman who were on reception at check in and check out times were really pleasant, efficient and, thankfully for me, spoke impeccable English.

I would recommend the Residence Nell to anyone and I would say its ideal for both business travellers or any couples looking for relative luxury on a sensible budget.

Magnifique...!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NELL09, Directeur général at Residence Nell, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear 158maelstrom,

All my team thank you so much for this amazing review.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay for your business trip in Paris.

It will be a real pleasure to welcome you again in a near future.

We stay at your disposal for any booking or other information. Don't hesitate.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Residence Nell. It was a pleasant, but tiny one bedroom apartment. We had the classic room, which worked out to be about $500. per night via Expedia....a bit high, but this is Paris after all, and we are a couple with a teen daughter, so we needed the extra room, and it worked out less expensive than two rooms at a larger hotel. It was very clean, and the hide a bed sofa really was as comfortable as everyone says. My teen daughter often gets stuck with the roll away bed in hotels if we share a room, and they are usually not that great...but this couch was great. The kitchenette was really handy for snacks, and keeping things in the fridge, like milk. There is a mini mart just a block away, called monop, which was great and fun to shop in. The down side was it was very crowded due to the small rooms, and the bathroom is right there next to the living room, which doesn't give a lot of privacy...but small matters overall. I do enjoy the luxury of sitting in the grand lobbies of larger hotels...I have been spoiled a bit...but apart from that, it was pleasant, and you should be out and about anyway when you are in such a beautiful city. And when you come back at night, it is nice to relax with a hot cup of tea and the flat screen tv. One improvement that would be nice is to add one more floor or table lamp to brighten the room a bit at night, and replace the plastic chairs at the dinette table with wooden chairs. They were uncomfortable and the legs felt flimsy. But it was a great neighborhood not far from the Opera with a lot of great restaurants. The best tip? Just down the street is the small creperie called Caramel Sarrasin, at 47 rue du Faubourg Montmartre. I will return to Paris if only just to have another of their gingerbread caramel crepes!!! NOT to be missed! If you are a family of 3-4, Residence Nell is a great place to stay. (one warning...while going to Montmarte via the Metro, we had to climb several flights of stairs at the abbess stop. while climbing, my husband felt water dripping from overhead, and the people around him too. It was a set up for pick pockets. I think they must squirt something in the air over your heads, and when everyone reaches up and looks at the ceiling...they get your wallet. that is what happened to my husband. Luckily we noticed it when we got to the street and cancelled his credit card, and only lost what cash we had. It soured us on the metro so we took taxis after that. beware! they are good at when they do!)

Room Tip: I followed the advice of other trip advisor members and requested a higher room. We ended up on the...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Desertsnow77
NELL09, Directeur général at Residence Nell, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Desertsnow77,

We thank you for your complete review on our establishment and on your trip in Paris.

We are sorry to hear that someone stoled your wallet in Montmartre. Unfortunately in touristic area and metro, you have to be very careful about it. It is a shame for us.

Anyway, we are glad that you enjoyed your apartment, the Ligne Roset sofa bed and the area.

About "Caramel Sarrasin", indeed, this is a good "crêperie" 1 minute walk from the Résidence NELL.

We really hope to welcome you again in a near future.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Tucked away just off the Grands Boulevards, it's the perfect Paris pied à terre. I loved having the kitchen for making my own breakfast or cooking a simple dinner. The separate living room area is perfect for reading, writing, or watching TV. Nice to come back from FNAC with a sack of new books and be able to brew a coffee and relax and read. Very comfortable bed. Ample closet space. The bathrooms are huge by Parisian standards. There are two Monop's close by, and the nearby rue Cadet is very much a little neighborhood shopping street. Métro lines 7 (Cadet), 8 and 9 (Grands Boulevards) a short walk away. Nice, young staff, very helpful. I've stayed here twice and will very likely return again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bill M
Dear Bill,

Thank you so much for this excellent review.

This kind of comment is really important for us.

We do hope to see you again this year and we stay at your disposal by email or phone to propose you the best rates.

Best regards from Paris,
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

I wanted to stay in an aparthotel so I could cook for my daughter who is studying abroad in Paris.

Residence Nell had everything I needed. Top of the line kitchen and very clean. Cute balcony connected to the kitchen as well. The whole apartment is very nicely decorated and the staff were amazingly nice.
The place is so quiet even though you are in the middle of a busy street. Location was great and walkable to many fun areas, such as L'Opera, Montorgueil which is full of fun restaurants.
Two metro stations nearby made it easy to move around Paris.

I really enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend it to family travelers and those who enjoy making their Nespresso in the morning before getting ready!

2 Thank MissMaryam
NELL09, Directeur général at Residence Nell, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear MissMaryam,

We thank you for your nice review on our Residence and we are glad that you liked your stay with us.

Indeed, we are in the heart in the 9th arrondissement, near Galeries Lafayette and Opera so as you said, you can do many things walking.

All my team and I stay at your disposal and we will be pleased to welcome you in a near future.

Best regards,

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

After much searching online for a place to stay in Paris with my family (2 couples, 2 teenagers and grandmother) I found Residence Nell .. the perfect combination of hotel room and apartment. We basically took over the first floor with 2 apartments (1 Luxe and 1 Deluxe apartment) so were able to have privacy but shared common space as well. We were impressed with the cleanliness, spaciousness (for Paris), and clever design of the apartments. The view to the street was fantastic … it make the apartment feel even larger. (We were happy to deal with a little traffic noise to have such a view) A delicious breakfast was brought to the room everyone morning and we made good use of the nespresso machine in the room. The bed was very comfortable and with the provided fluffy robes it was an oasis after a day exploring the city. The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family and anyone looking for a well designed hotel that is a good value in Paris.

Dear Elisabeth,

What a wonderful review !

All the staff thank you so much for this.

We are glad that you enjoyed your Luxe and Deluxe apartments and the service.

It will be a real pleasure to welcome you again in a near future.
For this reason, don't hesitate to send us an email to have the best rates for your stay.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

A friend booked this location for a girls long-weekend for my birthday. I've been traveling solo for five months, so we probably could have stayed in a hovel and I would have been so excited to see my friends, I wouldn't have cared. BUT...Residence Nell is NO hovel!

I arrived early in the day, and they got me into our room quickly. We have a 1 bedroom apt on the 5th floor and I slept on the sofabed. Normally such a thing wouldn't be so pleasant an experience, but honestly, here it is as great as a five star hotel bed. The bathroom tile is fun, the fixtures lovely and modern, the water hot and powerfully pressured, and the bedroom was beautiful. We had a great little porch we didn't use because of the weather, but it was still great to open the windows a bit and get air.

Loved the kitchenette (my pictures are bad, but how great to find that hiding behind a wall!) - Paris is expensive and there are a ton of great food stores near the hotel, so it was very convenient to have snacks or breakfast available, especially after so much travel.

Most importantly, the staff at this hotel is so friendly and incredibly helpful. I speak no french, other than to apologize that I don't speak french and ask if people speak English or Spanish, and at Residence Nell, no one ever minded. They helped with directions, taxis, recommendations - or just to say have a nice day.

The ONE downside: wireless here is weird. You have to keep re-logging in with the username and password, which aren't obvious, even if you haven't left your room. Got a bit agitating, and wasn't the fastest. But with so much else to do, and so much to enjoy about this hotel, it's a small complaint.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank WorthPackingIn
NELL09, Directeur général at Residence Nell, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear WorthPackingIn,

What a nice review about your stay! All my team join me to thank you very much.

We are pleased and proud that you loved our hotel and the area.

It will be a real pleasure to welcome you again in a near future. Do not hesitate to send us an email to have the best rates.