I stayed 4 nights at this hotel as my normal choice in Paris was fully booked.
All in all this was a pleasant experience. Check-in was very smooth and took no longer than 5 minutes. Hotel staff is very client focussed and friendly.
the hotel is in a nice location, close to the big and famous shopping malls and if you are going to Paris business-way, the train station Saint Lazare takes you to La Defense in approximately 8 minutes.
The rooms are the only element that can annoy people as they are very very small. I am a frequent traveller and I can not recall ever having stayed in such a small room. As I am tall, I was unable to walk around the bed in the room without ducking for the flatscreen tv...
Room was clean and bath room was basic. Again (as in some hotels) if you are above 1m80, the shower is not that comfortable.
I ordered room service on 2 occasions and found the food to be ok. Although it is clear that the hotel does not have an inhouse kitchen (waiting time for delivery is 40 min), food was ok.
Breakfast was very good. Lots of choice and variety to enjoy. Really no remarks there.
Check out was again smooth and up to standards with what I expect from a Mercure hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the very heart of Paris, near the Opera and the Deparment Stores "Printemps" and "Galeries Lafayette". Soundproofed & air-conditioned rooms. Direct dial-telephone, internet connection.TV, safe. Bar. Flowered courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Paris Opera Garnier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Paris Opera Garnier Hotel Paris
- Accor Paris Opera Garnier