“Great Location but small rooms” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mercure Paris Opera Garnier

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Mercure Paris Opera Garnier
Ranked #531 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
Coquitlam, Canada
“Great Location but small rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

This was our first time in Paris and it was our 30th anniversary. The hotel is in an excellent location: north of the Seine, 1 block away from St. Lazare metro and main train station (which we used both a lot). It is also close to many restaurants, Lafayette shopping mall, and more.
The hotel has a very clean nice lobby, small lounge and breakfast area. The breakfast selection was simple, but effecient. The front desk staff were very friendly and very helpful regarding information around Paris.

The room, however, was on the 5th floor and was very very small. No space for 2 sets of luggage and the bathroom was also very cramped. We asked for a balcony, but it was only on the smoking floor. The balcony was not a "plus" because it is bare (no chairs or table). The view was ho hum as you couldn't see much of Paris - just to the apartments across the street. It was good to open the door to get fresh air and check out the daily weather.

Overall, it was a good hotel - and you can't beat the location.

Room Tip: Do not ask for a room with a balcony unless you want to get the smoking floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Marc P, Deputy General Manager at Mercure Paris Opera Garnier, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for posting your feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Mercure Paris Opéra Garnier.
We are very sorry to hear about the inconvenience with the size of our room and please allow us to express our sincerest apologies.
So, let me invite you to try our Privilège room which are more spacious and so enjoy once again our location.
We hope to welcome you again at the Mercure Paris Opéra Garnier.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

We stayed here for 4 days we were pleased. The staff is very helpful. Great location and near the Galleria Lafayette. Only suggestion is to pick up a hotel business card. I went out walking and easily got lost on the streets that all looked the same. While it was exciting and fun to be "lost in Paris," after a couple hours and not finding help, I began to realize I made a huge mistake by thinking I could find my way back. Once I got back, it was late, and the staff heated up soup for me and made me a hot cup of tea. This goes to say a great deal about the service. The next time I go to Paris I would not hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Eleni1911
Marc P, Deputy General Manager at Mercure Paris Opera Garnier, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Dear Sir, Madam,
Thank you for having taken the time to give us your views on your stay in our hotel.

My team and I are very grateful for your remarks. They will encourage us to maintain our efforts so that the services we provide for you fully meet your expectations.
I'm Sorry that you got lost in Paris but as you said, the best thing to do is to keep the hotel address or download our Apps to stay in contact with the hotel where our team could assist you any time.
Looking forward to welcoming you shortly in Mercure Opéra Garnier.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

Friendly staff right from the outset. The hotel had a relaxed atmosphere and was very clean throughout. The express breakfast at the bar was good value but the main breakfast room seemed expensive so we avoided. Great location for the Galleries Lafayette and also within easy reach of all the major sites. Only minor criticism was the lateness in the day that our room was ready on subsequent days following the prompt check-in (we stayed 3 nights). However, we were told that had we asked for priority it would have been done earlier, so worth noting for future reference. All in all, good hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Sir, Madam,
Thank you for having taken the time to give us your opinion on Trip Advisor.

We will be very pleased to welcome you again for your future stay in Paris.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

Just returned from a great 7 day trip with my family to Paris staying at this lovely Boutique hotel.
As always with my reviews I like to get the bad stuff out the way first. Yes, the rooms are small. I was not uncomfortable but they are noticeably smaller than other Parisian hotels.
Now onto the good stuff. I was here 5/23 to 5/31 with a total of 7 family members (Yikes!!). We had 3 doubles and 1 single. I was in the single (see photos). my room was 4117. the room is small but the hotel makes GREAT use of the space. there is a closet with quite a few hangers (more than I needed and I pack like cleopatra rowing into Rome) and ample cubbie space. The desk had a flat screen tv, I think a 36incher with a nice mini bar underneath. My twin bed had a huge headboard that had the phone on it. I loved that the light switches to all the lights including the bathroom were on my headboard making it unneccesary to get out of bed to turn off the lights and really easy to switch on the bathroom lights if a middle of the night run was necessary. I used the headboard to store my make up and other things, sure it would have been nice if the bathroom had a bit more counter space but this was in no way an inconvenience. Room had a double window that opened into the courtyard and room darkening shades if one needed total darkness to sleep. I left my suitcase on the suitcase stand and had no problems moving about. bathroom also made great use of space. toilet, sink and shower all nicely spaced away from one another.
My shower was fantastic, the only complaint is the towel rake is behind the shower door so make sure you move it before getting in if you want it to be handy. water spray was nice and forceful.
We had a complimentary breakfast buffet every morning. The buffet staff was wonderful, greeting us each morning with a cheerful "bonjour". wide selection of cereals, cheeses, bacon, sausage, croissants, bagels, breads, eggs and pancakes. Wide selection of teas, coffee of course, apple juice, orange juice, a mixed fruit juice, water and milk (both warm and cold).
Front desk staff was impeccable, giving us directions each morning to our destinations and even calling to confirm our transportation back to the airport.
We got a great rate and as many have said before, you absolutely cannot beat this location. If you love to shop, Forget the overhyped Champs Elysee and stay here. simply walking around the neighborhood is a shoppers paradise (especially if you love to gawk at high end merchandise) be forwarned it's packed with shoppers.
Lastly the maid service was also wonderful. my room was always spotless by the time I returned from sight seeing. every one I encountered in the hallway, greated me with a friendly "Bonjour/bonsoir"
Wonderful stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank eliza39
Marc P, Deputy General Manager at Mercure Paris Opera Garnier, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Dear Madam,

I'm glad that you enjoyed our staff welcoming and the amenities of our hotel and I would like to thank you for it.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you shortly at Mercure Opéra Garnier.

Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

The hotel is quite well located, but the rooms are quite small. It won't fit properly a couple with 3 suitcases. Bathroom is clean, but the shower doesn't follow the Mercure tradition and you're supposed to be happy with some drops.

Room Tip: Ask for a bigger room, because living in a small box paying 229.00 euros a day makes nobody happy.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rodualdo2013
Marc P, Deputy General Manager at Mercure Paris Opera Garnier, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Dear Sir, Madam,

You have taken the time to give us your opinion about your stay in our hotel, and we thank you.

We are sorry that the service did not meet your expectations, and we beg you to accept our sincerest apologies.

Regarding the size of our room, it's true that some of them are small and I'm sorry that you got one.
For your next stay, I invite you to book a Privilege room wich offer more space and comfort. It will be a pleasure to handle your booking personnaly for your following trip.

Concerning the shower, it will be a real pleasure to discuss and get more information about your stay as we have done some renovation work on some of our Bathroom.

Never the less,be assured that the necessary corrective measures have already been taken to ensure that the quality level meets your expectations and earns your trust when you next stay with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you shortly at Mercure Opéra Garnier.

Deputy General Manager
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

We loved the proximity to Saint Lazare train station. There are lots of great food options nearby too. Room was small but comfortable, we were able to open a window in our room to an internal courtyard. Slightly expensive but happy to pay for the location. Helpful front desk staff.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

I have been stating at this hotel in a regular basis for 2 years now. Me and my workmates have done so since we all agree its the best we can relation in the category near (ot should i say two steps from) Saint Lazare station.

I guess working at the hotel must be fun. The team is always happy and they all seem to be very integrated, what helps a lot when we need to get things done, such as an early or late check out, call a cab, order external service, etc.

My French bulldog, Madeleine, is my constant companion and they don't charge extra for her. Not to mention everyone likes dogs over there.

The rooms and bathrooms are cool, following mercure standards. Some of them are currently under renewal, with is nice. I've seen the results and they look even better.

Same here for the breakfast. Though I should mention they have this big meal room, which makes it easy to eat comfortably in the morning.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Madam,
Thank you for your comment about your many stays and the welcoming skills of my team.

Your remarks encourage us to maintain our efforts so that the services we provide for you fully meet your expectations.

Looking forward to welcoming you shortly in one of the hotels of the Mercure network.

Deputy General Manager