This was our first time in Paris and it was our 30th anniversary. The hotel is in an excellent location: north of the Seine, 1 block away from St. Lazare metro and main train station (which we used both a lot). It is also close to many restaurants, Lafayette shopping mall, and more.
The hotel has a very clean nice lobby, small lounge and breakfast area. The breakfast selection was simple, but effecient. The front desk staff were very friendly and very helpful regarding information around Paris.
The room, however, was on the 5th floor and was very very small. No space for 2 sets of luggage and the bathroom was also very cramped. We asked for a balcony, but it was only on the smoking floor. The balcony was not a "plus" because it is bare (no chairs or table). The view was ho hum as you couldn't see much of Paris - just to the apartments across the street. It was good to open the door to get fresh air and check out the daily weather.
Overall, it was a good hotel - and you can't beat the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the very heart of Paris, near the Opera and the Deparment Stores "Printemps" and "Galeries Lafayette". Soundproofed & air-conditioned rooms. Direct dial-telephone, internet connection.TV, safe. Bar. Flowered courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, ACCOR, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Mercure Paris Opera Garnier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Paris Opera Garnier Hotel Paris
- Accor Paris Opera Garnier