Cons: The rooms are tiny, even by Paris standards. The hotels elevator goes to the 5th floor and then you have to get off and walk up a flight of stairs if you are staying on the 6th floor. This walk would not be so bad if the hallway did not smell of mildew. The electricity for the block went out which is not the hotels fault. However, the Internet was still not up and working 48 hours later.
Pros: Good location during the day. Very central to shops and metro. Area gets a little sketchy at night when all the shops are closed. The people at the front desk are all very helpful and really try to give you the best possible experience. Rooms were clean and new.
Verdict: Stay here for a few nights if you don't have much luggage, don't plan to use the Internet, and don't mind taking a cab anytime you leave the hotel after 9pm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the very heart of Paris, near the Opera and the Deparment Stores "Printemps" and "Galeries Lafayette". Soundproofed & air-conditioned rooms. Direct dial-telephone, internet connection.TV, safe. Bar. Flowered courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Paris Opera Garnier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Paris Opera Garnier Hotel Paris
- Accor Paris Opera Garnier