“Agree, not that bad”

Ranked #1,591 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Agree, not that bad”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I booked this based on price as I had a budget trip planned. We paid around 56 euro per night for 3 nights.
I took reviews into consideration and decided to go for it, as I figured it was just a place to put my head down.
Location was great - loved staying in Montmartre and travelling around is easy with the metro.
Rue Lepic had an amazing array of local food shops, bars etc and all around the back street were nice independent eateries.
The room was basic, but for me the firm bed was clean and comfy. The bath room petite but the shower was fine. Everything else was really tired - walls carpets should have been upgraded some time ago, but I accepted it is was it is.
We were street side, and yes the bars were noisy but not crazy. It was more of a "general large crowd" noise than screaming or particularly rowdy. I traveled with my teenage daughter and she wasn't perturbed by it at all (my small issue would be I wish I could have gone and joined them!). We had done so much walking each day that we quite literally passed out at night, so not fussed. I'd packed my own towels as I was worried about cleanliness, but needn't have bothered.
The lift? It is the smallest I've ever seen, but was more of a laughing point than an issue.
I wouldn't rule out staying here again if I was on a budget trip again.

Room Tip: I made a room request in advance - no response and request not taken on. Didn't hamper our stay...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank fizzer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 16 June 2013

for €80 a night, twin room, during the tennis, not a bad price. room is tiny but clean and bathroom was fine. we were at the back, so very quiet. location is selling point, perfect, central to everything. tip - with luggage, the metro may have a lift but you will encounter steps also.

Room Tip: room 57 - quiet
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

I have never stayed in such a terrible hotel. The room was damp which was the result of the shower leaking onto the rug. When we asked to change room they said sorry there is nothing they can do. The service was comprised of a single receptionist at any one time who was completely uninterested in his/her job and when we asked for our towels to be replaced as they stank from the damp we were told we had to come down and collect one from reception.

We told the receptionist we were leaving the next morning to the hotel next door and he just shrugged.

This is not a case of prices over quality, hotel des art across the street was only 10 Euro's more expensive per night. But it was a huge jump in quality.

Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Waseem T

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2013

The only good points are the location (though on a Friday night the drunks at the bar across the road were around until 3-4am in the morning!) and the friendly front of house staff.

The room was too basic - there was no cover over the beds, the duvet cover had a washed out stain, it didn't look pretty. It was plain shabby and the room was far too tiny with nothing but a shabby chair and wardrobe. There was a leak in the bathroom which was not what I would call a bathroom or even a shower-room as it was really a wet room. And it was far too small, couldn't swing a cat in there. The ventilation did not work, though the hotel staff assured us it works 'silently' - ok....the toilet smelled terrible. Also the walls are so thin, we heard the couple in the next room. The continental breakfast consisted of cereal and toast/croissant. No fruit even. Very disappointing. You could say you get what you pay for but I think you get far less!

Room Tip: I wouldn't choose a room here - next time I'd go for something a little more expensive and c...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Good hotel for business trips. Clean small rooms, good location, very close to the subway. The breakfasts are very modest: croissant and coffee. Powered WiFi Internet in the rooms and in the lobby. Elevator between floors very surprised :)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Tampere, Finland
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I loved the location of this hotel: really easy to find from metro Blanche climbing up the narrow roads of Montmartre. Friendly service. Valuable prize. Windows opened up to Rue Durantin. The only minus was that the carpet was damp and I had to use allergy medicine through the trip in order to stay well... Ear plugs recommended: thin walls and doors.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
San Joaquin, California
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Stayed Oct 19, 2012 thru Oct 21, 2012
The hotel is difficult to find. We called for assistance in finding the hotel and the young lady was hard to understand and seemed confused that we could not find the hotel. She told us to “just ask someone” ……we had tried that numerous times and the locals didn’t know where it was. Two hours after leaving the train station, we found the hotel. The young lady that checked us in seemed nice but struggle to understand us. We were running late for our tour so we took a taxi to the Eiffel Tower.
We took the Metro back but once we exited the metro station we could not find the hotel street. We got an English speaking bartender in a local pub to assist us. I used my cell phone to call the hotel and asked the bartender if he could speak to the hotel clerk to get directions for us. Turns out they knew each other and spent five minutes on my cell catching up. Once he was done he told me ‘I know this guy, you go up that way till you pass a cemetery, then you come to a square and its right there’………well that was a waste of time and cell minutes. We walked out and got a taxi to the hotel. It was a 6 Euro taxi ride to the hotel. The street loops around, it does not come out on a major road. Anyway, there was a heavy set, older man at the counter. I told him our room number was 50. He looks confused and says there is no key for 50.…my spouse is ready to blow up and we were tired. There is a room 50 we checked into it that afternoon. I repeat myself - room 50 again the man says there is no room 50 key. I am getting upset I hold up one hand with five fingers and make a zero sign with the other. He says “ooooo” and reaches for our key and at the same time farts making the room smell horrible. I get the key and go to our room. Wow I’m think this could only happen in a horrible sitcom. Our room is very small which we expected. The window looks into a cluttered courtyard of what appears to be apartments but the bathroom window has a great view of the Eiffel Tower, one of the toilet seat bolts is fallen out so the seat moves around, the shower head has a crack down it, one of the light fixtures is broken, the sheet has small rips in it and the bottom of the curtains appears to have been used to wipe someone’s snotty nose or some other body fluid on it.
The next night we found our way back with no problems found the same older heavy set man standing outside with several people having beer. We go to the lobby counter and wait from him to come in to give us the room key. I hold up five fingers with on hand and make a zero sign with the other and say 50 just to make sure he understands.
This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at and I strongly recommend that you look at other hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple