“Welcome to ugly paris”
Review of Hotel Paradis

Hotel Paradis
Ranked #928 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Why is this hotel less money than the ones on the west side of the city? Go outside and ask the bum sleeping on that street vent across the way. This neighborhood is technically safe, but it is one ugly broad. Even though you'll be safe, you're probably not going to feel safe. If you're on a budget, this place is alright. If you can afford better, go south or west.
The rooms are alright, not too small, really clean. There's only a tiny elevator, and we were on the fifth floor. Dem glutes tho.
Probably not good for families, or people with movement impairments, or people who get scared easily.
Oh, and there's a ton of mice living in the walls. They wake me up at night with their scratchy chorus of squeaks.
Pro tip: don't walk to or from gare du nord to this hotel. You'll probably get lost, pick pocketed, or feel like you're going to be kidnapped and sold into human trafficking.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stephanie F
There are newer reviews for Hotel Paradis

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We had this hotel booked in by a travel agent so when I read the reviews (literally 2 days before we were due to arrive) I was thinking I was going to be staying in a very crappy hotel. I was really surprised. I have stayed in some 5 star places along the way and of course it is not as good as that, but we are not paying 5 star prices either. Rooms are modern, bed is comfortable and bathroom is fairly new. Location is in a very good spot! Everything is walking distance, the Eiffel Tower is 4km away however we still walked (helped burn off all the delicious food we were eating). There is an excellent place to eat across the road on the corner called Les Petites Ecuries - worth a visit especially if you don't want to travel far. You will not be disappointed by the food or staff. Staff at the hotel are very friendly and the breakfast was good - you can obviously eat out otherwise breakfast is 12 euro.

The negatives: yes the walls are thin, I am a light sleeper however this didn't annoy me as much as I thought it would after reading the reviews. No mini bar, no room service but there is a supermarket down the street for supplies. Breakfast only has hard boiled eggs and that is the only hot food.

Would I stay again? For sure! The price and location for me ticked the boxes. If I wanted a better place, I would have gone to a hotel with more stars.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carolyn I
Reviewed 29 May 2014

You might find a better hotel than this for the same price:view from the room,space,standard...Disapointed in the end :(
but you 'll find a very clean bathroom (with little products)andthis hotel is well located and quite central,very disapointed by the decoration though compared to what i could see on the website

Room Tip: Ddo not choose a single which will be far too small and carefull the street is very noisy
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is a lovely little boutique hotel, and perfect for me as it was so close to my office. However there were good and bad points.

The good: staff are enormously friendly and polite, the hotel is clean and well maintained, rooms are equipped with the basics you need, it is walking distance from Gare du Nord, it has a lovely Parisian boutique feel, there are lots of great places to eat in easy walking distance, it is good value.

The bad: The walls are so paper thin they might as well not be there! In my bathroom I could hear the conversation in the bedroom next to mine as if we were all sitting together (which then gave me the horrifying thought that they could probably hear me too); there were some water pipes running near my room and it sounded like water was gushing INTO the room somewhere - the first time it happened I jumped up expecting to find water rushing in somewhere! Also, there are no chains on the doors, or peepholes and the noise outside my door (through the super thin walls) made me think someone was trying to get in.

If you are a light sleeper then this may be too noisy a hotel for you.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Debzlou
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed two nights at the Paradis Paris. It was an all through great experience. The place is cozy and quaint but of much higher standards than you'd expect in Paris... Good price. Very nice breakfast...

Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is basically an ordinary little Paris hotel which has been given a very stylish makeover, with bold decoration and stylish touches especially in the reception area. It seems very well run, clean, comfortable and much better value than many I have stayed in in Paris.

Room Tip: Its a typical narrow street, so best to ask for a room on an upper floor to minimise traffic noise i...
1  Thank Ben B
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We enjoyed our stay in hotel Paradis, it is beautifully designed, clean, and the people were very friendly. Close to the hotel are several nice cafés and restaurants. It is not far away to the city centre and famous places.
The standard rooms are quite small, but that's what you expect in Paris. Despite of the short bed and thin walls we enjoyed staying there and will come back again.

1  Thank Oxana R