I chose this hotel for our 6 night stay in a double room, because the one I was used to was fully booked at the time I was supposed to go to Paris. I was intruiged by its location (a few steps from gare de l'est, and lots of bus stops), the reviews on tripadvisor were encouraging and also the price and the photos.
Our stay was almost perfect except for two points:
1. Gare de l'est location is not exaxtly perfect, if you're used to stay at city center (near chatelet), you would feel uncomfortable with the amount of transportation you have to change to move from one point to another. However, there are buses right infront of the hotel that takes you right to cdg airport, an another to denfret rochareau (the one that the orlybus stops at going to orly airport) which was really convienient.
* although this point is not directly related to the hotel, but I feel obliged to mention it.
2. There was an incident which happend to us, at some point, I couldn't find my pair of shoes and pair of slippers, I turned the room upside down looking for them but in vain, we tried asking the housekeeping lady about them (she didn't speak any english) so we turned to the reception, which was actually petty rude, he told us that no way the housekeeping would've taken them, and he was like so what's your conclusion, it's like we're accusing them of being thieves. Ok I see you, but where are they???? I don't think I would've hidden them or something. Anyways, he said he's going to ask housekeeping and get back to us, which he didn't, although we left after a while right infront of him and he didn't say anything at all. After some thinking I figured out something, there's a rubbish bin next to the door where we put plastic bags and other unwanted stuff, my guess that I mistakenly left them NEXT to it, so it was considered rubbish, hence, thrown out. I'm speechless beyond that point if that was actually the case.
Anyways, that's a personal case, dunno if it would happen to anybody else, so generally about the hotel's Pros:
1. english speeking reception staff
2. there's no A/C but there's a fan.
3. sound-proof windows since sometimes it could be noisy outside.
4. a number of restaurants around the block. and a supermarket.
5. if you have a late flight out of paris, you could leave your luggage at the hotel and pick it up later.
Overall, I don't recommend this hotel, and I won't choose it for further stays in Paris.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Modern' Est reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Modern` Est Hotel Paris
- Modern Est Paris