“Friendly, cute, great value for money”

Villa Royale Montsouris
Ranked #389 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Munster, Germany
“Friendly, cute, great value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

Stayed here for two nights for a buisness trip. Well connected through near-by Metro stations, with cafes and bars close by. Still quiet, because it is in a side street, and the windows close tight as well. The rooms are small, but then again, this is Paris.....
Everything is keot in a North African decor, and I really liked it. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and everyone I met spoke excellent English. Breakfast is good, and I would come again without hesitation, particularly considering the reasonable price (again, this is Paris.....).
One evening I walked from the Pantheon back to the hotel, it took me 30 minutes, so walking is an option too.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Stefan S
guestrelationsoffice, Responsable relations clients at Villa Royale Montsouris, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear Stefan,

First of all, We would like to take the opportunity to thank you very much for your review about your recent stay at Villa Royale Montsouris.

We are glad to see that you have appreciated the quality of our service and staff. It is very important for us to satisfy all of our guests.

It is a pleasure to know that you will choose again the Villa Royale Montsouris for your next stay in Paris. Our staff will be delighted to help you in order to choose the best places to go, for eating or visiting the capital. Of course, you can also check our all new website and our last good spots !

Best Regards and Happy new Year !

Manager - Villa Royale Montsouris

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

Reading many of the older reviews of the hotel, I am not sure what people really want from a hotel. I suggest you read the comment by the manager. The hotel is near the metro and all parts of Paris.
The hotel staff are more than helpfully, they go the extra mile.. The rooms are in a North African style but comfy and the house keeping standards are excellent. Very clean, fresh sheets.....good quality towels. It was nice to walk into the rooms after a day sight seeing. I have been to many hotels in Paris . This for the price is very good. Thank you all for the stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a up grade, but standard rooms are ok
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
guestrelationsoffice, Responsable relations clients at Villa Royale Montsouris, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Renzo,

Thank you very much for your comment that helps us to improve our service. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your review has been shared with the hotel staff.

For all people who would like to visit Paris, The Villa Royale Montsouris is offering a very good alternative location : situated in the south of Paris, next to the Montsouris Medical Institute, Universitary foreign Campus, Porte de Versailles Exhibition Center (direct access with the tram line from Porte d’Orleans), Montsouris garden, and Charlety Stadium.

Good restaurants are also close to the hotel. We have excellent relations with our Italian neigbour that offers speciality from the south of Italia, and is one of the best Italian Restaurant in Tripadvisor. Forget Pizza’s and discover what real pasta or Bruschetta’s are…! French Cuisine is also to be tasted at CHINCHIN restaurant, direct on the Montsouris Garden. Delicious and fresh from the Market!

As it is the end of the year, We would like to, in English this time, thank all of you that have been helping us in writing your experience’s. We have improved our service a lot after reading all of your comments. All the team of the Villa Royale Montsouris wish you a very good Christmas and happy new year 2014.

Manager - Villa Royale Montsouris
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

I wanted somewhere, quirky and non-businessy, this was a good place, just not very romantic. Our double bed was made up from 2 singles so it's no good for couples. Breakfast was ok, everything was satisfactory. The staff were very friendly and there was always someone around who spoke English. I just don't get the decor, it's like spanishy or North African style? not very french.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Sébastien D, Responsable relations clients at Villa Royale Montsouris, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Sophie C,

First of all, We would like to take the opportunity to thank you very much for your comment and your stay at Villa Royale Montsouris.

It is a pleasure for us to provide an alternative style of decoration, with our Arabian style. Our hotel could bring you to dream of your past or future trips to Morocco or Andalusia. Anyway, we understand that we can’t satisfy guests looking for more traditional French hotel style.

We would like also to apologies for the bedding, and we let you know that we also have normal double beds in our hotel.

Finally, We are pleased to see that you have appreciated the quality of our service and staff. It is very important for us to satisfy all of our guests.

Manager of the Villa Royale Montsouris Hotel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

We staied here for a long week-end. The hotel is well connected to the center of Paris (metro 4 and RER B). The rooms are really confortable and clean, lovely furnished. It seems to be in Casablanca! I will definitely come back here!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed at the hotel during a short break with a friend for 3 nights in October. The hotel is clean and comfortable, and the staff were friendly. We got a really good deal with Eurostar from lastminute.com so it was a very cheap trip, and we decided not to have the beakfast which is about 8 euros per day due to our limited budget.

Our room was a nice size, had a good bathroom and wardrobe space. The Morrocan style decor is colourful and in good taste, and the beds were warm and comfortable. Our room was on the fourth floor and there seemed to be a water storage tank very close to our room which was a little noisy during the night. This did not interrupt our sleep and was not worth complaining about, however if we had been staying longer I might have mentioned it to staff.

The hotel is about a 5-10 minute walk from the metro station from which you can easily access the main sites of Paris. It took us about half an hour from Gar du Nord and most trips on the metro were shorter than this. It is much cheaper it is to stay outside the centre, and definitely worthwhile as we had no problems getting anywhere we wanted to go to. We bought a 10 trip metro ticket for about 13 euros which is great value and very convenient.

All in all this is a nice place to stay, clean and comfortable, quite well-located and I would both recommend and return.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ren_SL
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

After reading previous reviews about this hotel we were a little concerned. Thankfully our concerns were ungrounded. We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. It is not posh but it is quirky. Our room was clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful and there was always somebody available. While not central there were 3 metro stations nearby so Paris was easily accessible. The hotel was extremely good value for money and I would recommend it

Room Tip: After reading the past revues we were a little concerned about the quality of this hotel. Our fears...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Tavistock, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Took my 16 year old daughter to Paris for 3 nights, needed somewhere clean, safe, quiet, reasonably central and on a budget. Booked this hotel on Lastminute.com Secret Hotels deal not knowing which hotel we would get. When it came up with this hotel and I checked Tripadvisor I was slightly concerned about previous reviews however when we got there I was pleasantly surprised to find it fitted the bill nicely. On top of being clean, safe and quiet the room was a good size and the staff friendly. Having a mini fridge was great as we could buy drinks and food outside and keep them chilled, also had a safe in the room. The Metro is 5 mins away and there is a good selection of local shops, a few bars and a Lidl. Its not the centre of Paris nightlife but that's not what we wanted. We hardly used the Metro as just outside the hotel is a Velib cycle hire point and we just rode around, it is an easy ride to all the major attractions and a great way to get around Paris, cycled back one evening at 11:30pm, no problems. I would stay here again. I also liked the decor it was a bit different from your average hotel and the room was nice enough to spend time in relaxing in the evening.
The only things I would point out for those more picky people are (in our room): you could only turn the bedside lights off from the main switch by the door, the lighting wasn't great (bit too dim for me, no problem for 16 yr olds), the bathroom door didn't quite shut properly (more of a problem for my 16 year self conscious daughter) and it was tricky to have a shower without soaking the bathroom floor. Having said that it wouldn't stop me staying there again. For the price its not going to be 5* luxury but for £155 for 3 nights I thought it was very great value. Had a brilliant trip.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Santosh64
Sébastien D, Responsable relations clients at Villa Royale Montsouris, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Thank you very much for your review. It helps us always very much to know your feelings after having stayed in our Hotel.

I would like to inform a little bit more about us. I took over the management of the Villa Royale Montsouris 6 month ago. Until July 2013, this establishment wasn’t classified, and travel agencies had sold our property as a 4 stars hotel.

Therefore, this situation was critical. I decided to classify officially the Hotel, and we are now a very respectable 3 stars hotel. I am sure that you will prefer a good 3 stars hotel, than a poor 4 star hotel!

I understand that many of you are concerned about previous reviews. But I am now confident that you are all going to be pleasantly surprised.

I have also reinforced my team with a very nice and efficient Lady that impulse higher service at reception and Housekeeping.

Again, I would like to thanks all of you, leaving reviews on Tripadvisor. It will help me a lot to improve the service.

Eric Raffestin – Hotel Manager