“Small but very central”

Ranked #1,543 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
London
“Small but very central”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2007

I just got back from a weekend in Paris and stayed at the Fortuny for one night.

The hotel is very central and ideally located for the big department stores - Printemps and Lafayette. Unlike other reviewers, I didn't encounter any tramps outside the hotel (and even if I had, that wouldn't have been the hotel's fault) but there was a group of homeless people at the top of the road sitting on one of the Metro vents to keep warm. To put things in perspective though - I spotted homeless people near the Ritz so that really shouldn't be a factor when selecting the hotel.

When I arrived and asked to check in, the guy on reception said he would see if my room was ready - which I wasn't too happy about since it was 2.30pm and check-in was from 2pm according to the information I'd received. Luckily the room was ready but I would've have been mightlily annoyed if it hadn't been.

They only have one small lift (for a max of 4 people) so I opted to take the stairs instead.

The room was very small. Actually, size-wise the bedroom was fine but the bathroom would not suit everyone. The room looked decent enough though and was clean as was the bathroom.

The walls were quite thin which was a little bit annoying since there was a family with a baby in the room next door. Luckily, there wasn't too much crying and I didn't hve any problems sleepin but it could be a problem for some people - depending on who's staying in the room next door.

Overall, for a 3-star hotel, the room was fine. 5 out of 10

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Size of room
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank happyland

Business
Warwick Parish, Bermuda
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2007

After our wedding we spent a week end in Paris. When looking for accommodation, I filtered my search for hotels that included breakfast. The search returned this hotel. The prices were reasonable and we paid 258 GBP for 3 nights stay. However upon check-in , we were told that breakfast is not included and that it costs 13 euros per person. This was considered bit of a disappointment. the rooms are really really small. However, this was made up for the brilliant location. It is right by the Madeleine, which is a big tourist attraction and the stop off of one of the toutrist buses. If one feels like a long walk, it is close enough to the Champs Elysees. Overall the location is great , but if one can afford a bit more, I would have chosen another hotel.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The hotel
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cheriedam
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2006

We were very concerned about taking our parents on their first trip abroad and particularly concerned about the hotel. The Fortuny allayed all our fears. The rooms and ensuite bathrooms were very clean and spacious enough and two of the three rooms we occupied faced on to the street with large windows. The night was quiet. The staff were always friendly and helpful. Just before we left, we encountered a few problems in getting all our party to the train home on time and the staff were of great assistance. Recommended.

• Stayed October 2006, travelled with family