“A luxurious budget hotel”
Review of Hotel Bienvenue

Hotel Bienvenue
Ranked #1,292 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 4 May 2009

As a student, I have stayed in many budget hotels and hostels all over Europe. I've seen the best and the worst places with two stars or less. Villa Fenelon is by far the best budget hotel I've seen-- especially in Paris. A friend was also in Paris at the same time, and he was paying twice as much for the same level of luxury one finds at Villa Fenelon (though the Fenelon decor was better!) The staff are helpful, the rooms clean and beautifully decorated. My room had a view over the private garden, which was really nice. Breakfast was pleasant and presented beautifully. After long days of walking around Paris, it was so nice to return to the hotel. Near many Metro stations, too. I have never liked a place so much as to feel compelled to write a review, but Villa Fenelon was a real treat.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Lauren P

Reviewed 27 April 2009

Of course it is not chiq and luxury hotel but the atmosphere, tiny and very nice elevator, mirrors all around the room and various elements create truly parisian and romantic atmosphere. I love almost every staff member in this hotel: receptionists, cleaners, waiters - all of them are very polite and friendly, they try to please costumers as they can. Location is superb!! We have almost seen 99 % of must see attractions of Paris and did not use any transport. Everything is very close,

I am still staying in this hotel with my wife and could wait until my arrival to homecountry. I think that this hotel provides best value for money. I will reccomed it to almost anyone... super....super

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GugaM
Reviewed 19 March 2009

Last week my husband and I stayed at this hotel for three nights. The location was good and the price was good but the hotel had stains on all the rugs in the hallways and there was a big stain on our bedspread and on the pillow. The rooms were very small and were very tired with paint chipping on the bed-stands and moldings. The tiny elevator was so small that you could not get one bag and one person in it at the same time. You could never get two people in at once. We were on the 5th floor so this was a problem. The breakfast was fair; two rolls, coffee and a small juice. There are several other similar hotels (same price) on the street (two are next door) that looked much nicer, had more of a choice for breakfast and I would try one of those next time.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shrinkrap4
Reviewed 29 January 2009

After reading a number of 'iffy' reviews about the hotel we decided we were only realy looking for somewhere to sleep so it didnt realy matter. (We being female 19,28 and 39 yer old).
On arrival we were greeted warmly, and given the key for our room.
We loved the lift, yes it is very small and old fashioned, but it is perfectly safe and one person and a couple of small suitcases can fit in comfortably (if not take a couple of trips, it wont kill you), and the others walked the spiral staircase around the lift up to our floor. Without our cases all three of us were able to fit in it (although it was a tight squeeze).
The rooms were basic but nice, we also loved the mirrored bathroom having not experienced anything like it before.
The view from our window seemed to be some sort of church. It was always quiet in the hotel and it was always warm.. in contrast to the freezing weather outside.
There are a number of different cafe type places around aswell. One in particular on the same road as the hotel was an Italian, we had some realy nice pizza, lasagne, spaghetti for a very reasonable price. I would definetly recommend. And if u like that sort of thing theres a Mcdonalds very near (we only used for hot drinks) a Hard Rock Cafe and a Pizza hut about 10-15 minutes walk away.
Hotel was in a good location, metro being about 5 minutes walk up the road, which can take you quickly to all major attractions.. Though we wouldnt advise that u travel on the main lines between 8-9 in the morning as rush hour is dreadful, we got very squashed.. quite an experience!!
Alternatively walking down to the Louvre area only took about 20 minutes and with the opera house and shops and restaurants all along the way it was an enjoyable walk.
The sacre coeur is also not far away about 10-15 walk (tho it is viewable from main road), there is also a trolley bus/train at the Sacre Coeur that takes you down into Montmatre area past the Moulin Rouge (if u didnt fancy walking through that area) around for about half an hour and back up to the Sacre Coeur again... They seem to charge the English a bit more than the French we noticed.
Overall we had a very good weekend, were able to stay in a nice hotel for a good price and saw all we wanted to in Paris, I would recommend!!!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
6  Thank lil_tun
Reviewed 23 November 2008

Nice little hotel, great location, small rooms but quirky all the same, not for the Holiday Inn brigade tourist.
Staff were extremely friendly, good English and very helpful.
Good value for central Paris

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2008

We just returned from wonderful Paris.
Stayed 10 days at the Villa Fenelon Hotel. Small room, walls covered with mirrors (you have to get used to seeing all your "beauty defects" but QUIET and CLEAN. -Wonderful service from staff. Raphael was knowledgeble, professional and fun. My husband and I visited all the wonderful museums and Raphael would receive us every evening with a big smile and a list of free concerts, events and museum openings at night. So we would rest for 10 minutes and leave the hotel. We will be back soon!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2008

After booking into this accomodation I refused the room I was initially given although I had booked at least eight months ahead.

The room was disgraceful, the carpet was stained and the tiles broken in the bathroom, which I might add only had a bath which you had to sit in and shower oneself. I had my elderly mother with me. After much discussion with management I was given another room which at least had a renovated bathroom with a shower.

This Hotel is in need of a total refurbishment and the stained carpets totally removed, even in the hallways. The Receptionist was rude although I only saw her for the first day, the rest of the staff were okay. I had just finished my trip around Europe and this was by far the worst accomodation.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family