“good location with view of eiffle tower”
Review of Hotel Val Girard

Hotel Val Girard
Ranked #481 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 7 April 2014

A small hotel but is nicely decorated and clean. We had the family room which had a seperate single bed in another room, this was perfect for our 8 year old. The bathroom was large and practical, very surprising in paris. The staff was helpful and friendly. Location was ideal, only 5 minutes walk from vaugirard metro.
The only disappointments were the view from our room which was facing an airwell and no air conditioning in the room. It was set to heating only and could not be changed. We had to leave the window open all 5 nights as it was a warm week.
Overall still a good hotel which I'd recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Leong Y

Reviewed 1 April 2014

A very nice hotel to stay. A friendly and helpful staff. Very clean room. Wonderful view of the Eiffeil Tower. A good location. The metro station was near and for them that love walking less than 30 minutes you are at Eiffeil tower!.....if you are going to Paris Val Girard is a good smart choice:)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MrJaudy, Directeur général at Hotel Val Girard, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Rudina,

Thank you so much for such a beautiful review :) It makes us very happy and proud when we read such a comment.
Very glad to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we shall be looking forward to welcome you back among us in a near future.

Should you need anything from Paris please do not hesitate to let us know.

Warm regards,
The Management.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here on our first trip to Paris. Before we arrived we contacted Val Girard for some advice and their help was invaluable. During our stay the staff were fantastic, offering travel advice and answers to any questions with a very pleasant and polite manner. The hotel itself was perfect. Everything I imagined, with a view of the tour eiffel! We loved the location, we felt very safe and there was plenty of restaurants and patisseries on our doorstep! The sights are within walking distance although takes around half an hour to reach eiffel tower but there is a large selection of metro stations near by and they were so easy to navigate! I would highly recommend the hotel and hope to return in the not too distant future!!!

Sarah and Jamie

• Stayed: March 2014
Ksenia G, Responsable réception at Hotel Val Girard, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Sarah and Jamie,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for indeed choosing to stay with us recently.

We are delighted to read that although your visit was brief, you had a fabulous stay. Thank you for your high praise of our staff, I will be sure to inform them of your kind words.

I would like to thank you also for recommending us; it is only through such kindly spread words that we have the pleasure of continued success.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Val Girard on many more occasions.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Small and very friendly. rooms are small but very well kept, bathroom is lovely. The stuff is extremely welcoming and helpful. very close to the metro and nice view of the Eiffel tower. nice breakfast lunch or dine at Le Cap close by

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ksenia G, Responsable réception at Hotel Val Girard, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your glowing review of your recent stay with us. We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our location central. I have shared your reviews with all our team and they are happy to know that you have praised the quality of their service.

Thank you also for your feedback in relation to the Cap restaurant nearby our hotel.

It always gives us great pleasure to know that we have exceeded our guests’ expectations, and I would like to thank you once again for your kind apraisal.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Val Girard and would appreciate if you could allow us to know when you have plans made for your next visit.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Lovely modern hotel and room with a view of Eiffel Tower. 5 mins walk to nearest Metro station. New bathroom fitments. Friendly, helpful staff. Lovely breakfast and hotel clean throughout. Would recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014
Ksenia G, Responsable réception at Hotel Val Girard, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear sir,

Thank you for sharing your holiday experience we do appreciate your high appraisal of our hotel! We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel and had a great time with us.

Many thanks also for recommending our hotel for staying in Paris and we will definitely share your comments among our staff.

It would a great pleasure to welcome you back at Hotel Val Girard.

Warmest regards,

Ksenia

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I visited the Hotel Val Girard for my 21st birthday for 3 nights at the end of February 2014 with my boyfriend and had the best time of my life! I had booked our stay months in advance and during the time between booking and visiting the hotel I emailed the hotel an awful lot asking questions and requesting an upgrade on the room, of which I always received very quick and extremely friendly responses, so I was sold on the hotel before even reaching Paris!

Staff –
Staff were extremely friendly and very helpful! We needed help in contacting our transfer service on our last day and staff they were more than happy to help. Couldn’t have been happier with the hotel staff, thank you very much!!

Hotel –
The hotel itself is small, which was expected in Paris, so that was no problem! We upgraded to a superior room, which was beautiful! We had a view of the Eiffel Tower from our room, which was amazing and we were so glad, as this was something I had previously emailed staff about and they made it happen for us! The room was cleaned every day, which was great and the TV had some English speaking channels when we settled down for the night. The room had a safe, which was great and the bathroom was very spacious and beautiful, very modern! I had read that the lift in the hotel was small and it most certainly is very small, me, my boyfriend and our two small, hand luggage cases just about fit in but again, this didn’t cause problems at all for us. The décor was beautiful, very typical Paris which I absolutely loved! Double bed was very comfortable, spare blankets and pillows, no problems at all! No noise from the roads at all also, very quiet street :)

Location –
The hotel is perfectly located, supermarket around the corner, the metro station we walked to every day was Cambrone, which is a 10 minute walk tops, a lovely walk at that, passing fruit stalls, bakeries etc. There was a restaurant two doors down, which we visited on the first night due to our late flight, view of the Eiffel Tower, couldn’t have asked for more in terms of location.

Food –
We didn’t eat food at the hotel, we hadn’t paid for Bed and Breakfast but there were plenty of places to grab food and from what I seen the food looked great and we were informed of prices upon arrival, which was great.

Hints & Tips
I would definitely advise purchasing metro tickets and museum passes prior to visiting Paris, I used a website called the City Case and purchased a City Case pack which included metro tickets which were valid for 3 days, museum passes (allowing access to museums such as The Louvre) which were valid for 2 days and a free voucher for a seine river cruise!! This pack cost about 70 Euros each but I’d definitely say it was worth it, as when we visited the Louvre, each day there was a massive queue that we got to bypass and the metro tickets were put in the machines and spat back out for us to use again and again, so I would definitely recommend doing this if you’re going for a short period, as it just saves spending your short break waiting in queues.

What I would say in regards to people selling things, in particularly on the Love Bridge, we took our own padlock but it wasn’t very ‘pretty’, but the padlocks being sold on the actual bridge and in shops around the area were really lovely.

Scams!
I had read about the scams in Paris before visiting, however I was unaware of a few things!

First issue – clipboard scam! These people were EVERYWHERE, all tourist attractions, guarantee they will be there, me and my boyfriend got caught out on the Love Bridge! What happened is a very friendly man approached us asking us to sign a petition and he was very determined, so we signed and after putting your name, he asks for a 5 Euro donation! Looking back it was very naive to sign, but having never visited or heard of these, we fell for it, BUT didn’t make the same mistake twice! One woman actually slightly hit me with her clipboard as she walked past because I said no, which was very annoying and extremely rude but as I say she was walking past and I just walked away!
One woman at the Arc De Trimophe approached my boyfriend telling him that he must sign for being in her Country! Not true at all, which was pretty insulting too! So look out for these EVERYWHERE! Lots by the Eiffel Tower also

Second issue – A man on the love bridge would pretend to pick up a ring and offer it to you, saying it belonged to you and I had read about this one so we refused to take it from him, as I had read upon taking it, he demands money and having said no, he didn’t look very happy AT ALL!

Other issues - typical people selling tourist bits and bobs, such as small Eiffel towers and key rings, the cup game, DONT DO IT ! its a big scam and you will never win and if you see someone win, its probably someone who is in on it!

Overall I had the best time on this trip and the Hotel Val Girard definitely made our stay amazing, couldn’t ask of any more of a hotel!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 602 and had a lovely view of the Eiffel Tower, lovely double bed, massive modern b...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chelsea M
Ksenia G, Responsable réception at Hotel Val Girard, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Ms Chelsea,

Thank you for your great and detailed feedback regarding your recent stay at Val Girard, which is a very nice reward for our work.

We are happy to read that you had a fantastic anniversary weekend and our team made it so memorable. What a pleasure to know that your interactions at every point from reservation and check in through to housekeeping were all friendly and hospitable.

All our team really appreciate your feedback and hope you come back for your next anniversary... and birthday...or for any reason really!!

See you again soon.

Kind regards
Ksenia
Front desk Manager

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

My family and i stayed in Hotel Val Girard for 3 nights in February this year. The hotel is in a very good location with metro nearby. The patisserie around the hotel has very good croissants and we must have one every morning. From the hotel street, we had a very good view to the Eiffel Tower and he night view of the tower is fascinating, with all the lights on around the tower. This was one of our programmes every night when we walked back from the metro.

The staff is very friendly. Ksenia is super. She emailed us before our trip to Paris and asked about our transport from the airport to the hotel on the night we arrived. Then she organised it for us straight away. It has been very helpful as it saved our time and trouble for looking for metro or taxi at that night. Also she organised a taxi for our trip back to the airport and suggested our earlier leaving for the airport. It was a terrific suggestion as we were stucked in queuing for check in. Without her suggestion, we would be in a rush for check in, tax rebate and no time for our final duty free shopping.

Val Girard is definitely my choice for my next trip to Paris.

Wai Cheng

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Ksenia G, Responsable réception at Hotel Val Girard, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Mr Cheng,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your lovely review. We are really happy you had such an enjoyable stay with us at Hotel Val Girard. The nearby bakeries, facilities and restaurants are a real plus for our location indeed. Very glad also that you liked your room and the view!

So pleased to hear that all our team made your stay comfortable and unforgettable and that we welcomed you so warmly. We will surely pass your kind comments along!

Please accept my special thanks regarding your kind words about my work with you, guest satisfaction is my first priority and I'll always be at your disposal for any queries concerning your future stays in our great city.

Your warm recommendation is truly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Sincerely yours,