“A pretty little hotel in the beautiful Latin Quarter”
Review of Port-Royal Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Port-Royal Hotel
Ranked #1,158 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
“A pretty little hotel in the beautiful Latin Quarter”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as a family of four in June. The rooms are quite small, yet we didn't spend much time in our rooms so this wasn't a problem. The staff members we encountered were polite, kind and helpful; however the breakfast was only adequate. This hotel is situated about 1/2 hour from Notre Dame cathedral and the rest of the city centre; we quite enjoyed the walk yet some might consider the location inconvenient. The Latin Quarter is a beautiful area with a lively, authentic atmosphere. To experience the Latin Q. was worth the extra walking time, in my opinion.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Katyusha_1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel is in a great part of town, beautiful and calm. I was pleasantly surprised by how close it was to the metro and how lovely the neighborhood was. The front desk staff was very helpful with all of my needs - late arrival and a very early departure. Communication via email to set up reservations was quick and very clear. I stayed in the smallest room and it was very tiny, but as I was just there to sleep, it was not too much of a problem. The room over the courtyard was quiet but a bit warm as I didn't get much of a breeze. For the shared shower, I did have to wait, but was happy with the level of cleanliness in the shared shower as well as toilets. The hotel is also a short walk from the Noctilien bus with service to Orly airport. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Novato
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed here for a week and a half in Sept of 2013. While their reservation system is a bit antiquated, involving bank transfers or similar method, once that was accomplished they were able to adjust to the quirks of my stay: arrival night adjustments, two different friends staying as roommates consecutively. The room was very clean, something that made one of my friends very happy. It is family owned, with Grandpa setting the standards for cleanliness. For budget travelers who don't require the amenities that business travelers do this was a great find. Some of the staff were friendlier that others, but during my stay even the "crankier" individual warmed up to us, all it took was a few earnest attempts to use some of my high school French. I would definitely stay here again, it was safe, clean, pleasant and the kind of budget option I like.

Room Tip: If you value quiet ask for a room facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 May 2014

In a country where everything costs an arm and a leg this Hotel is brilliant. 93 Euros for a twin room with bath. Clean easy to find 1 minute from Metro Les Gobelins. What a fabulous area. Restaurants and shopping abound. Lovely people, makes your stay so much better. Great breakfast for 8 Euros.

Room Tip: Rooms with a bath
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Michaela230000
ingereich@sympatico.ca
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I just stayed here for 3 nights with my teenaged daughter. We were looking for a safe location, walking distance to some interesting areas, and at a reasonable price. This hotel was perfect! Our room was VERY small with a double bed (had requested 2 twins...), a sink, small table and chair and a huge window. Perfect if you are not planning on spending much time in the room (we weren't). We opted for the "shared" shower and toilet (separate rooms) to save money. They were spotless and always available. The lobby area is inviting and has 2 separate areas to sit and relax. The staff was polite and helpful, but Thierry was especially friendly. It is across the street from the "Les Gobelins" metro station so very easy to get around. Also, walking distance to the RER (Port Royal station) that goes directly to the airport. We were able to walk to Notre Dame and the Louvre from the hotel. Also, right by Rue Mouffetard with tons of cafes, restaurants and little shops. Across the street is a small grocery store and a bakery. I reserved our room by e-mail from Canada, confirmed 15 days before arriving and again 2 days before arriving. Our room was ready for us upon arrival. No deposit necessary, no hassle, and every e-mail was responded to quickly, politely and on point.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the courtyard and it was quiet. We shared a bath to save money and I would reco...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank igr
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I am an American college student studying abroad in Lyon, France and stayed at this hotel over three nights while visiting friends in Paris. I booked a single room with "lavabo" (i.e. a sink); the toilet and showers were communal. The staff was very friendly and the 49 euro/night rate was very good for Paris. While my room was tiny as could be, the window let out on a very quiet, small courtyard which meant I was able to open my window at night without being disturbed by street noise (I could not here anything from the street save the occasional ambulance siren).

Two things to point out quickly:
1) Showers are 2.50 euros for 5 minutes which is a bit ridiculous
2) They do NOT accept credit or debit cards as methods of payment

For my needs as a young traveler staying here alone, the single room was perfect. Yes, it was dated and cramped, but I got a good nights sleep regardless. The room and bathroom were both spotlessly clean. Stay here for a good deal!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the interior courtyard. Some single rooms are larger than others, so ask ahead...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Peter L
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I have written many many reviews and I am very well traveled, however, dealing with this hotel is very difficult and expensive process, this is not a review but some advice for the traveler especially if you are coming from the United States that other reviews fail to mention.
1. The management of the hotel seems to have a problem reading your emails, regardless of your request you will get a standard email response.
2. If you are persistent and get management to respond, be aware that the only way to insure a reservation is a bank wire transfer or mailing a money order, the bank wire transfer is a VERY expensive process that a US bank will charge $50-75 per transaction, in addition to your bank wire fees you will also be changed the hotel transaction wire fee costs which are 14 euros these fees are before even paying for the room.
3.The hotel DOES not accept CC nor do they accept paypal.
I just wanted to insure that fellow travelers are aware.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple