“Left Bank Food Tour”

Paris by Mouth Food Tours
Ranked #3 of 159 Food & Drink in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: As food writers, it’s our job to devour delicious things and to understand what makes them special. The Wall Street Journal recently called us “the definitive blog on the city’s food and wine scene,” and we’re now using that knowledge to lead tasting tours through the most exceptional shops in Paris. Our tours run every day of the week, even Sunday and Monday, and our prices are affordable.
Long Beach, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Left Bank Food Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Fabulous tour! Our guide's name was Phyllis. She is an expat from the USA with extensive knowledge of "Food in Paris". The walk was an easy one with several stops in a relatively compact area. After visiting and tasting at a cheese shop, bakery, chocolate shop, olive oil shop, a stop to taste macaroons and cream puffs, we ended our tour at a wine shop where we enjoyed baguettes, cheeses and wines.

Norwalk, Connecticut
“Paris by Mouth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

Soooooo fun and delicious! We’ve been to Paris many times, but never experienced THIS Paris. It’s expensive but well worth it. Can’t wait to do it again!

San Francisco, California
“Fit for Foodies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

If you are into food and wine and interested in learning about the best Paris has to offer, I highly recommend Paris by Mouth. The website, parisbymouth.com, has extensive listings of restaurants, bakeries, butchers, markets, wine shops...you name it...not to mention information about summer hours and closures (very important if you are visiting in August!) as well as thoughtfully written and up-to-date notes about the history of the noted establishments, helpful map and directions links, and recommendations to try - essential for the visiting foodie. I did two tours - The Tour of the Left Bank with Diane and the Wine and Cheese Extravaganza with Meg, highlights of my Paris stay. I was blown away by the command of the subject and non-pretentious, engaging style of 'teaching' that both these women displayed, which made these small group experiences feel more like time hanging out with friends and enjoying good food/wine rather than a superficial hospitality event. I stayed in Paris for a month, and Paris by Mouth became one of my most important resources for the best in food and wine. I highly recommend you check them out!

2 Thank Chiara S
Paris, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Awesome experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I am so glad that I booked the Wine and Cheese Extravaganza with Meg. It was so much fun and I learned a lot . Meg is very engaging and was truly interested in the interests of myself and my fellow workshop participants. We were introduced to a wide variety of cheeses and wines that went with them. This class is very interactive and we were encouraged to ask questions. Most of the class was conducted in one place, but we did get to cross the street to the covered market-Marché Beauvau to visit the cheese monger and to buy more cheeses to sample. I would love to take the class again. My only regret is that I could not take another one of their tours. Maybe next time I'm in Paris!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank mmehay
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Worth Every Euro!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I had the opportunity to join Meg last week for an afternoon Cheese and Wine Workshop and I was completely satisfied! I mean that literally and figuratively. The knowledge shared and wine and cheese selections by Meg were more than generous, the company was very enjoyable and it was a perfect way to experience cheese and wine in Paris while hopefully, gathering some knowledge to take home. I highly recommend Paris by Mouth and will definitely join them again if I have the chance. Well done.

2 Thank PattyKPhx