“Lovely cafe for crepes and coffee”
Review of Le Lutece

Le Lutece
Ranked #9,657 of 17,020 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Odeon / Saint-Michel
Edmonton, Canada
“Lovely cafe for crepes and coffee”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stopped in at Le Lutece to warm up in their covered patio (with heaters) to have a bite and something to drink. The service was very good, friendly, and quick, the crepes were delicious, and overall the prices reasonable. It was also a great place to people watch and take in the hustle and bustle of Paris.

• Visited March 2014

Laguna Beach, California
“Very friendly service, good food”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stopped here for dinner on a whim with my parents, husband, and toddler. From the moment we walked in, we were greeted very warmly by the staff. Our waiter was also quite friendly, and even brought our daughter a free cookie at the end of the evening. The food was very good, as was the wine selection. At the time we were there, the customers were mostly locals, which made for a calm, mellow atmosphere. All in all, I would not hesitate to return to Le Lutece.

• Visited October 2013
Long Beach, California
“My new go to place for a reasonably priced dinner in Paris”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My friend and I had dinner here twice during our weeklong stay in Paris September 18 and 24, 2013. Upon arrival in Paris we checked into our rented apartment on Ile St. Louis, showered, settled in for a bit and then went straight to the Latin Quarter to find some place to eat. While we wanted to find someplace with uniquely Parisian/French qualities, we were also starving and trying to find some place fast. After wandering among the impossible selection a myriad restaurants and eateries in the area, we finally settled on Le Lutece located right behind the St. Michel Place Fountain.

The outside eating area have the ubiquitous round Parisian outdoor tables and is exposed to the full blast of the traffic noise. We were immediately taken by quieter warmth and coziness of the art deco inspired interior and the beautiful curvy staircase and sat inside. The brown tabletops are nicked and pitted, giving it that worn Parisian restaurant look but not dirty. My friend ordered salmon with pasta and I ordered preserved duck leg which came with a small salad and garlic potatoes. It's been a while since we've been to Europe and so it was at this time we discovered the 4.5 euro cost for a bottle of soda in restaurants that would dog us for the rest of the trip (yow!). The duck was very good and my friend thoroughly enjoyed this salmon but didn't finish the surprisingly generous amount of pasta because there was so much of it. Our server spoke English very well and was very polite and efficient. We felt this great meal experience was a good start to our trip.

During our stay in Paris which included a day trip to Rouen, we both had steaks & frites at various places and were generally shocked at how bad they were. Most of the times they were cooked one or two levels below what we ordered (Marais) or the meat was very tough and tasted horrible (Rouen). By the end of our week stay we concluded that maybe steaks aren't thought of very highly in Paris for whatever reason. On our final night in Paris we decided to revisit Le Lutece since we enjoyed it so much the first time that we thought the second time would be just as good. We weren't disappointed. My friend ordered the salmon and pasta again and I asked the server if they had any steak type dishes since there really weren't any on the menu. He pointed out to the daily specials paper clipped to the menu cover and there was a steak chop special and I ordered that right away. When the food arrived my friend regretted not ordering the steak as he could smell how good it was this time around. I gave him some and we both agreed later that it was the best steak of the trip, possibly the best meal of the trip. We were glad to have bookended the Paris portion of our trip with Le Lutece.

My friend paid on both occasions so I don't know the actual costs. But after the first meal we could tell things have gotten pricey in Europe and a place like Le Lutece even more so being so close to top tourist sites like St. Michel and Notre Dame. Not as high priced as, say, Ruth's Chris or LG's, but not like The Sizzler either. I plan on returning to Paris again and if I need a sure fire place for dinner I plan on coming back to Le Lutece.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank pingvuiini
Atherton, Australia
“Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

As a couple we had an early lunch here on Sunday. Meal was of good sized portion and average quality. Service was good.

• Visited July 2013
Chennai (Madras), India
“Fresh experience..!”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

On the night of June 21,after walking around, listening to lovely live music as part of the Fête de la musique, we were well - hungry! :)

A quick look around told us that there were at least a zillion people everywhere and the waiting lines were unending.. We wanted a sit down dinner, and we stumbled upon Le Lutèce.

Being a quite large restaurant (by French standards) it was quite cozy.. Amongst the three of us, we ordered a bottle of red wine, Burger and fries, Sausage and fries - and me (being adventurous) ordered the Bœuf tartare

For those who don't know what it is, beef tartare is a dish made from finely chopped or minced raw beef with seasoning.. This came with salad and fries..

All of us loved our respective dishes and we were also in the mood for dessert

We had the famous Profiteroles with chocolate sauce.. It is in essence a choux pastry ball filled with whipped cream, pastry cream. The puffs may be decorated or left plain or garnished with chocolate sauce, caramel, or a dusting of powdered sugar.

In other words, a small piece of heaven on earth :)

A nice place to go with friends and family! Enjoy!

• Visited June 2013