“Fantastic - glad we gave it a go.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cafe Chappe
Ranked #5,800 of 16,717 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, Cafe, Bar, European, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Montmartre
Lancashire
“Fantastic - glad we gave it a go.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

We were staying in a local apartment so decided to give this place a try- so glad we did.
We began with cocktails from the very friendly waiter. We shared a foie gras starter followed by a duck salad main and a chicken and spaghetti dish. We washed this down with a very nice bottle of wine and finished off with nutella crepes. We had a really nice meal, good ambience and excellent service.

• Visited April 2014

• Czech first
Prince George, Canada
“Fantastic dinner, great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

We weren't sure where we were going to eat on the night we ended up here. It turned out that it was great luck we ended up walking by and looking at their menu. The meals were fantastic (I had the salmon pasta and my husband had the special of the day). The price was completely reasonable (12-14 Euros) and the staff were friendly. The staff were English speaking as well which made it easier for us to order.

I also had a hot chocolate and it was delicious! All in all, if we had had more time, we would have gone back to this place!

• Visited March 2014
Newcastle Upon Tyne
“Excellent; friendly; and welcoming!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

We escaped a cold & showery day into this friendly, clean & lively cafe.
Thoroughly enjoyed a very reasonable (for Paris) cheese plate and bottle of wine.
The staff were charming and entertaining, particularly KARIM who was excellent.
We'd had lunch so didn't eat anything more substantial but the food was reasonably priced and looked very tasty, especially the daily special.
This is a lovely hideaway and I would recommend it to anyone.
Enjoy!

• Visited February 2014
Ohio
“y Stay in Montmartre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

I was spending the holidays solo & decided to run away to Paris. I rented a studio apartment in Montmartre for 2 weeks. At the bottom of the hill from my apartment was Café Chappe. Since it was too early for me to get into my apartment I stopped in with all my luggage and had a cappuccino as it was early morning. I found the staff delightful as I explained I had to wait to move in. I ended up having lunch there also. I had the Spaghetti Bolognese, it was surprisingly good. I ended up starting and ending each day here to and from my apartment. Always a cappuccino and maybe a croissant in the am and sometimes dinner, but always a glass of wine before heading up the hill for the night. In the short time I was there, I was treated like a local, the waiters tried to make sure I got my favorite table (by an outlet so I could charge up my phone) and when I walked in on New Years they gave me a rose & wished me Bonne Annee. I was always pleased with my food and will definitely return.

• Visited December 2013
Sydney, Australia
“A surprising delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stumbled across Cafe Chappe after a long flight and didn't have high expectations as it's right in the middle of a tourist area - however I was pleasantly surprised. My partner and I both went for the plat du jour for about 12 euros from memory for plat + entree/desert. The soupe d'oignon was hands down *the best* onion soup in the world - I would go back purely for this alone. The main of coq au vin was nice, and the creme caramel for desert couldn't be beaten. Add to that friendly service, an authentic and unassuming Parisian atmosphere and cheap beer (for the area) and you've got a winner!

Visited October 2013