Hotel Daval
Hotel Le Six(Paris)
US$334
US$309
  • Room Service
Mercure Paris Bastille Marais(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$181
Official Site
US$411
US$389
  • Room Service
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$163
US$211
US$178
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbastille metromobile homelively areafront desk staffgreat locationheat wavearound the cornertiny elevatorstreet noiseclean hotela great place to staywould stay here againthe air conditioningdouble bednightlifewificafes
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My partner and I have just returned from a 3 night stay at hotel Daval. I am pleased to say that we were very satisfied with this hotel and will definitely be returning next time we are in Paris.
The location was in the centre of lively Bastille with an array of restaurants, bakeries, cafés, night clubs and bars. The nearest metro has 3 lines which made it easy to get around to the major tourist attractions. The staff were all very helpful, friendly and welcoming and luckily for us spoke excellent English!
Rooms very modern and clean, small but big enough for 2 with luggage. The worlds smallest but cutest lift! The wifi worked perfectly.
I would definitely recommend the boulangerie a few doors out of the hotel to the left for delicious croissants and fancy cakes and a falafel pitta from next door.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends. Thanks Daval!

Room Tip: Back of hotel room for a quieter sleep!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hocapontas
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed three nights. Couldn't have been more perfect. The gentleman at the reception could have been working at a top hotel (And, I have stayed at the top). Room was small, like the boutique you'd find in San Francisco. Room was completely redone with new bathroom, bed, flat screen and WIFI. Clean, Clean, Clean. Will definitely stay there again. Don't know why only two stars.

Room Tip: I stayed in a back room - nice view of courtyard. Quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Oncearoundtheworld
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Excellent family run hotel, the rooms are spacious enough to move around in but that's about it we had a triple room however it would compare to a double room you would find in a budget London hotel. The hotel was very clean in the rooms and the bedding was also always clean and fresh. The bathroom appears to be a prefab style bath room that you might find in a camper van, so is a plastic material all over and it can be a little slippery when the floor is wet. There's enough room for luggage and lighting is great. The corridors to the rooms are good well lit and on a timer as there is no natural light. The breakfast in the hotel along with the dining area is excellent all fresh and very nice although a little expensive for what you get, there are other places close to the hotel where you can get a resonably price breakfast bagel for less but I recommend you try the hotel at least once.

The only part which may need a little attention are the stairs to the rooms, the carpet on them looks a little dated and in need a of replacement and if you're on the fourth floor you'll defiantly get a work out as you climb them as we found out with our luggage on check in, the hotel has a lift but this will only fit one or two people due to its size. My advice is put your luggage in it send it to your floor and grab it out when you reach your floor so you save your legs on the climb.

The staff are amazing and very very help full you get a very warm welcome they speak English and can address any questions you have. The area that the hotel is in is very busy, noisy and there are people about at all hours it looks a little grubby and is popular with the younger residents of Paris for a night out but if like me and you're more interested in the other sites Paris has to offer then you won't spend much time there, it's just somewhere to get your head down, I recommend you get a room at the rear of the hotel or at least ask for one when you book for a good nights rest. In all I would highly recommend you stay at this hotel it is in all very good value and a very nice hotel !!

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

The rooms were clean but very small. The AC did not work and there was a drainage smell coming from the bathroom each morning that was gone by the time we returned at night. We were on the top floor facing the main road staying Friday to Monday - this was a mistake. We were awoken every night around 3-6am by shouting, screaming and fighting on the main road once the bars kicked out - ask for a room at the back because you will not sleep at the front!

During our four say stay I think we counted approx 5 different members of staff on the front desk. You have to hand in your key when you go out and at no point on any return did any member of staff ask for ID before handing over a bedroom key. One time the gent gave me the key for the room next to us by mistake before I corrected him and he swapped it. That for me is a major security risk. I would have massive issue if I thought another guest had been given my key.

Location was amazing, 2 mins walk to Bastille station. We walked to Notre Dame in about 20 mins.

We didn't spend a lot of time in the room so it suited purpose.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jed P
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I recently stayed at the Hotel Daval and would recommend it to anyone looking for a clean, basic room at a good price. The room wasn't big but was fine for the three of us, we each had our own bed. The kids loved the free WIFI and I liked the lift in this budget hotel. The location was ideal, right next to several very good restaurants, bars and an awesome crepe place where we ate breakfast every day. Starbucks, Haagen Das and Subway sandwich are all within a block. The subway station is the Bastille stop that has connections to all major tourist spots in Paris.

The staff was VERY friendly, spoke excellent English and had no problem explaining directions or providing assistance with all our needs. I really only have one thing you might need to be concerned about and that's the street noise coming from the bars. The windows seal out most of the noise but if you are a light sleeper and it's Friday night you might not get much sleep until the bars close and people clear the streets. But this was not an issue for us as we slept thru the noise.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family