“Perfect location, great value!” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Marignan
Ranked #495 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Cahuita, Costa Rica
“Perfect location, great value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

This was was our first time staying in Paris, and we were not disappointed with our stay at Hotel Marignan. We were perfectly located, walking distance from a number of the attractions on our tick list, well priced restaurants, and metro stations. We had the lower level room, which was adequate for our family of four, and the rate was a bargain considering it included breakfast, laundry, and WiFi. The hotel is on a quiet street, though being on the lower level we did have some minor noise from the lobby and outside, though not a big deal for us. The hotel owner spent some time with us going through our trip itinerary, providing some useful suggestions and tips. We would stay here again on our next visit to Paris.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

My first time in Paris and traveling solo. This place fit the bill perfectly:
- Safe neighborhood
- Close to plenty of eateries, major attractions, several metro stops
- Quiet
- The cheapest accommodation I could find without having to resort to a hostel
- Plentiful basic but delicious breakfast
- English speaking reception. They recommended and reserved a wonderful local bistro 'Le Buisson Ardent' for me.
- Shared showers but clean.
- In room wash basin and mirror. Provided towels.
- Free laundry.

Wonderful place if you are after something basic, clean and convenient. I would return.

Room Tip: No elevators. I stayed on 4th floor- the climb may be a hindrance if mobility is an issue.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank loosek
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We needed a Quint room for our stay for our family of five and the whole experience was incredible. The room was great and the staff fantastic. From the breakfast to the in-suite bathroom it was more that we expected. I would definitely stay there next time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Brianjj2014
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

It was my first time at this hotel which is centrally located, a 5 minutes walk from the Seine and Notre Dame, close to the main sights, transport links and to many wonderful cinemas, not to mention places of literary interest (where Hemingway lived to mention one) All the staff were helpful and friendly and the 2 rooms I used during my stay were pretty, comfortable and clean. I will definitely go back to the Hotel Marignan as I had a wonderful experience

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
tacoma, washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

I chose HM because I had to cancel a few years ago but they kept me on their email list. I figured they wanted my business. They responded to emails promptly (I was inquiring from Morocco). They gave very explicit directions from the moment I stepped off the to their place. My room got upgraded. My room was on the 5th floor, no lift. But that was totally fine. It was extremely easy for my first time to Paris.

At 61 euros cheaper than anything else I found. The RER stops blocks from their place, more restaurants in the area than you can shake a stick at. Just a few minutes from Notre Dame and the Seine. Great location. Free wifi. Good instructions (in English) upon arrival. Nice breakfast. Free laundry, I believe.

Construction on the building across the street, but then again the American Church which I went to was under renovation, and the Arc de Triomphe had a tarp over its façade too. When I return to Paris, I will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank revreggae
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed for 2 nights and was upgraded to a ensuite room. Bathrooms are very cramped but that's Paris. Really close to the St Michaels metro RER station. Friendly staff with English speaking tips and hints. Thanks for the stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Myself and two friends stayed here for about 4 nights. It was perfect for budget travellers and was in a perfect location! We were easily able to get to Rue Mouffetard, which has excellent restaurants and great to walk down. Also in close proximity to Notre Dame and even les jardins de Luxembourg. The service was excellent and we even were able to use the kitchen to save a bit of money. We were 5 floors up, with no elevator, but if you're down for some exercise- you're good to go!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends