“Cute and Relaxing”
Review of Le Village Hostel

Le Village Hostel
Ranked #4 of 187 Speciality Lodging in Paris
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I went to Paris last December and stayed here for three nights. I had just gotten over a terrible sinusitis/bronchitis and had to sleep a great deal the first day. I was staying with three other girls, but I slept soundly and was barely bothered. When I was better, I really enjoyed sitting on the patio, and the location was pretty awesome. You can walk to Montemartre (definitely worth it at least once) or the train is down the street, less than a quarter of a mile. I was new to Paris and had no trouble finding it. I also felt safe and immediately met some truly fascinating and nice people. This hostel was definitely worth it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Olivier H, Directeur général at Le Village Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Bonjour,

Thanks to stay with us.
If you come back again to paris try to come in the summer like this you can have a BBQ on the terrace sometimes we made tis for our guest on the terrace.

See you nexttime and Take Care kristen.....

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed here for 10 nights over the Christmas/new years period. Very reasonably priced for Paris and the holiday period. I liked its homey feel. It's quite quirky looking which is nice. My room was spacious and clean. Beds were comfortable. Wifi was strong. Breakfast was delicious. The staff were all really friendly, happy to direct you places etc.
overall a very pleasant stay and will stay again

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Stayed at Le Village for just one night and it was just fine. The 4 bed dorm had sufficient space. Our room was at the terrace on first floor so it provided an open space to hangout. The room was clean which was most important for me. Didn't find much time or need to interact with the hostel staff so i cannot comment on that. Also, missed the breakfast because we had an early morning train to catch. The hostel was very close to the metro station which was advantageous.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room on terrace with a view of Sacre Coeur.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

So far, this is one of my favourite Hostels which I have stayed in.

Rooms are a good size, with an Ensuite. Staff are friendly and helpful, wifi is free (though slow at times and only reaches the first floor).

Very clean, and a good breakfast.

The location is good in my opinion, I see some other reviews would disagree, but my girlfriend and I felt safe, and thought the location was convenient to metro stations, food and a couple attractions.

Overall I would recommend Le Village, especially at the price - in Paris it really is a good deal.

Tip: They have a bar on the ground floor, happy hour is 6-9 - try the Cherry Beer, its great.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We booked and paid for a private double with ensuite in the hostel. On arrival we were told that we had been 'upgraded' to a studio. Next door!

The studio didn't even have a bed but a gold out couch that was hard as a rock and had a big metal bar down the centre! It was freezing and only one thin blanket! The shower is the size of a match box. You can't move in it and the water spills out everywhere. Also all the light bulbs had blown so we had one tiny lamp for light! All night their seemed to be renovations going on in the studio next door. I mean like midnight . Hammering and drilling! It was ridiculous!

It is close to metro and sacre coeur. However , I would not stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Ebclarkin
Reviewed 7 December 2013

this hostel is in the montmartre district and is easy to find if you approach from Anvers station... the view of the Sacre Coeur is the highlight but is welcoming and comfortable. The decor in the rooms is a little shabby but such good value and great fun. We were there in the winter time and it was lovely and warm. The breakfast was good but the coffee bad!!! definitely recommend this place, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay...

Room Tip: we had a room on the terrace- beautiful view and quiet
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The place is great, breakfast is included and it's very good. Great ambience, clean rooms & toilets. It's got an elevator, good wifi signal in reception. I liked the decoration of the rooms. The bar is nice and prices are good, great to meet other travelers. Staff was always nice and very helpful.
It's just a few steps from the Sacred Heart Basilica (Sacré Cœur).
During my stay a lady was robbed almost in front of the hostel. Of course it's not their fault, but be cautious.
Just for precaution, at night avoid the empty streets nearby and use the busy streets.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo