“Good option for a budget conscious traveller”
Review of Royal Phare Hotel

Royal Phare Hotel
Ranked #1,041 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The location alone almost made me give it 4 stars, but when it comes to hotel amenities, it really is basic. Fantastic location, just 5 minutes to Eiffel Tower. Free wifi. Clean, safe rooms. Extremely close to the Ecole Militaire metro stop. Did get noisy in the morning as the walls are a little thin. Shower was a tad bit challenging to manage. This place gets the award for the smallest elevator. But for a short stay (ours was 2 nights), it did the job.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 44.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Laura H

Reviewed 24 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for 3 nights in Early May in a double (2 twin beds). Our room was plain but comfortable and clean. The bathroom was quite large for European standards but the best part was the 2 balconies off of our room and bathroom! The view from the balcony was wonderful and so Paris. I could even fit a chair on the balcony and enjoy my morning coffee. The room came with a small fridge and free wifi. We didn't eat the breakfast as there were so many cafes nearby and a great little bakery right across the street. You are also only a block away from the Rue Cler which is full of bakeries, cafes, and lots of specialty food shops. There was also a grocery store right next door which stayed open pretty late. We were only 2 blocks from the EiffelTower and the metro stop was literally right in front of the hotel. Our room did face the main street but we didn't really notice any noise. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for an inexpensive hotel with a great location!!

Room Tip: Ask for the room on the 5th floor with the balconies especially if you need a double (2 twin beds...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MaryWT2014
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed there for only 2 nights and it was enough. I wouldn't say that it was bad but it was rather dingy. The room was quite small (but ok afterall, seeing that i didn't have a big luggage and that I was alone) and the bathroom smaller, I couldn't even sit on the toilet properly :) . The mattress was extremely odd, not exactly uncomfortable but I felt like I was swimming. Nevertheless, the room, the sheets and the bathroom were clean. The breakfast was ok, not very much to chose from but good enough (the coffee was horrible though).
On the positive side, this hotel has a great location, right behind the Eiffel Tower and next to Ecole Militaire. There are many restaurants in the area and a Carrefour store right next to it.
So I would definetly recommend it for its location but only for a short stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Monica F
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed here for 1 night. It is a good value hotel ideal for the solo traveller or those who are budget conscious.

First off, great customer service. I stayed on Easter Monday and struggled to find a store open selling a power adapter. The lovely lady at reception happily loaned me one. She also kindly printed off some travel documents for me for free (thank you again!)

The bed is comfortable and you will get a good nights sleep. The shower has plenty of hot water with good pressure. The room comes with wifi that can be accessed easily in the room.

That said, the room is small. It wasn't an issue for me, as I was too busy exploring Paris (the Eiffel Tower is less than five minutes' walk from the hotel) and only used the room to sleep in, but thought I would make mention of this fact.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Tom G
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Royal Phare Hotel for three nights in February 2014. It was delightful. The service was excellent. I was particullary fond of the elevator; it was just wide enough for us to stand shoulder to shoulder and I thought that was one of the coolest parts of the stay. The proximity of the hotel to the metro was sweet as was the grocery store just downstairs. The very nice and short walk to the Eiffel tower was yet another bonus. We didn't notice any night noises as we were too exhausted each night and slept hard. Being that Paris was my wife's favorite place on a 5 week tour of France and Italy, we will, without doubt, return to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank michael c
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed there a week in Dec 2013. The price was great. The room was basic but was clean, had very comfortable beds and a big bathroom. Our room had a nice view of Ave de la Motte Piquet. The staff were helpful.
The location was outstanding. It was steps from a grocery store, ATM, post office, drugstore, patisserie, many restaurants. The metro station was 10 feet away from the hotel door.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Katie B
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I knew that this wasn't going to be plush from previous reviews but still booked mainly for the location. My Dad and I were on the 6th floor and he could see the Tower while laying in bed from his room!!! The beds were very comfortable with crisp white sheets. I did need ear-plugs on one night (I always pack them!) as a heard of elephants were stomping around on the floor above - soundproof means nothing!
Amazing location for sight seeing, supermarket, Sunday Market under the overhead metro-line at far end of the walk past the Ecole Militaire and smashing restaurant for breakfast a couple of doors down on the corner.

Room Tip: Take ear-plugs and rooms on floors 6 & 7 at the rear have a view of the tower.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family