“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Maison de Claire

We can't find prices for this accommodation
La Maison de Claire
Ranked #46 of 128 Paris B&B and Inns
usa
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

My wife and I had a just an incredible stay at the Maison Claire! The whole family made us feel like we had a our own place in Paris to stay. It also was a welcome retreat after a long day of wandering and absorbing the culture. Their recommendations for dinner and site-seeing were spot on! The house is amazing with wonderful contemporary furnishings with lovely french appointments. I would recommend this to all and will go back for sure! A must for Paris!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Paris was our first stop in our 3 week tour and Claire's house was an excellent place to stay especially after a 24 hour journey (we're from Asia)..Our room (aqua room) was extremely clean and comfy.. excellent bathroom complete with basic amenities (soap, shampoo, lotion, hairdryer, and towel warmer).. Nice location (but around 10 mins walk from the metro) - it was away from the touristy areas but close enough to great local finds (Claire booked Le Belisaire for us for dinner - it must not be missed!!) and carrefour.. Breakfast was amazing and is lovingly prepared by Claire herself.. we actually looked forward to waking up early to make sure we don't miss breakfast (croissant, eggs, ham, yogurt, fruits.. and the best crepes i had in europe!).

Claire was also an excellent host.. she helped us call our airlines to follow up on our delayed baggage. She is readily equipped with a map and is quick to share tips and directions. She's a great resource for local recommendations as well (she'll steer you away for the touristy ones which is awesome!)

all in all we loved every minute staying at Claire's lovely home.. best accommodation we had in europe! will definitely stay here again :)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

My husband and I are just back from a 3 night break in Paris.Maison de Claire was a perfect place to stay .Our flight got in early afternoon and I emailed claire in advance and asked if we could drop our bags early ,it was no problem.Quentin, the owners son, was there when we arrived to show us our room .We stayed in the perle room which was clean and spacious with tea/coffee facitities and water,everything was tastefully presented. There was only one pillow for each of us and I prefer 2 ,my request for another was no problem.The bed was extremely comfortable .Breakfast was amazing ,baguettes, croissants,home made marmalade, scrambled eggs,fresh fruit salad ,cereal, yoghurt and the great company with other guests.It is only a short walk to the metro and thereafter the main tourist sights are a short ride away.I would recommend this bed and breakfast accomodation as 'a recharge the batteries overnight' place away from the bustle of the centre

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank margaret g
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

We really like to stay in B&B's when we travel, especially in the European countryside, but I didn't think I could find any such type of accommodation in Paris. Not so. I found Maison de Claire, an elegant townhouse with 4 suites in a lovely neighborhood (15th arrondissement). The pictures on the website are very accurate. It is tres, tres chic, the bathrooms could not be more modern, the rooms are large, comfortable, clean and well-lit and the common rooms very comfortable. The breakfasts were ample with fresh baguettes and croissants every day, fresh juice, cereals, and one hot choice daily (eggs, French toast).

Claire is lovely--Didier too if he is around--and will chat with you in French or English or leave you alone as you wish. It is a short walk to the Metro, which got us everywhere in very little time. There are also numerous buses. I cannot say enough good things about Maison de Claire. We intend to tell all our friends about it and to go back ourselves as soon as we can. An added plus is an outstanding French restaurant right around the corner: Le Belisaire

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
angers
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

By chance, I got to stay in la Maison de Claire , great place near Convention where I find a great family very welcoming warm full but discreet enought.
Every thing you need and even more.
I loved the time spent on the roof top relaxing on the transat
I loved my "pearl "bedroom well equipped zen with a great shower room
Excellent big bed
I loved the fresh fruit juice on the breakfast
I simply loved it
I recommend it strongly
Great place to be
Great family to meet

Room Tip: Pearl room Nice great and zen
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Usa, Tanzania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

My wife, 20 year old daughter and I stayed in the Eugene room. The bath is in an alcove in the room so is not private. So when my daughter need to bath we had to leave the room. This was not a big problem as we just went downstairs for breakfast when she showered. The toliet was private. This is a perfect room for a couple. The suna was on the same floor.
Claire and Didier were perfet hosts. Didier had many suggestion on what to do and see which was very helpful. Claire was a great to talk to about her travels and the remodeling of their house.
The Metro is a short walk away. We never waited very long for a train. Everything we visited was a short train ride with no more that one change.
We arrived by Eurostar from London. Taxi was about 25EUR. We flew from Orly airport which is about a 20 minute taxi ride. The cost was almost 30EUR. If you book a taxi they start the meter when they leave to pick you up.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

We stayed at La Maison de Claire during Easter for a weekend. We slept in the Aqua room, which is very comfortable and nicely decorated (and also very quiet at night). The host (Didier) is extremely helpful and did his utmost to make us feel at home. We were offered to park our car in a private parking in front of the house for a very reasonable price. This was much appreciated!
Breakfast is excellent. Just keep in mind that the metro stop is not that close, you will need to walk for a few minutes!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple