“More than your money's worth.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Midnight Hotel Paris

Midnight Hotel Paris
Ranked #360 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Brisbane, Australia
“More than your money's worth.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Great little hotel close to Gard de Nord. We paid 75 euros for a great room, very clean with everything you need. The manager was so helpful and when we asked to be upgraded to a family room he gave it to us for free.
Yes there's a few nicks and paint issues (obviously some repair work was taking place in our room and they had yet to paint it), but we didn't mind as the rest of the room was lovely and such great value.
The area isn't the best for hanging around in, it took use good 30 minutes to walk to the seine and the more touristy areas, we caught a taxi back after our meal and glad we did as it was a fair walk.
Overall, a great short stay.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sunny034
Djamel S, Responsable réception at Midnight Hotel Paris, responded to this review, 2 October 2014
Dear Sunny034,

You posted such a great comment that my manager will be surely delighted to read ! Our director puts his best efforts into being and staying at our guests' disposal when needed, and will be surely proud to know that he's done a great job.

We thank you for having noticed to us about the paint issues during your stay, we have by now arranged this.

If you come back in Paris and in our charming hotel next time, we will be pleased to help you finding good locations to have dinner around the place. There are plenty of good restaurants around the Gare de l'Est (5 mins by walk from the MIDNIGHT Hôtel) which are waiting for you !

Thank you once again for sharing your experience, dear Sunny034.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon,

Reception Department

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed in the hotels with my wife on 24/7 for two nights.
The hotel is located close to Gare de L'Est with supermarket and mcdonald nearby, you have no worry about your need. I came back very late at night and the area around was safe but not very clean.
Hotel staff were friendly and helpful in general (except the one I met when I checked in).
Small room and lift, the water pressure of the shower was poor but keep in good condition.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Djamel S, Responsable réception at Midnight Hotel Paris, responded to this review, 23 October 2014
Dear Sheva W.,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience further your stay at theMidnight Hotel 3* and we are pleased that you enjoy it !

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

The hotel is just a few minutes walk from Gare du Nord and a little tricky to find. It doesn't look much from the outside but we were extremely surprised by the decor and welcoming staff.
Other Surprise… we were upgraded to an executive room and has free breakfast buffet after booking made from the Midnight Hotel Website...
The rooms were much bigger than expected and we would definitely recommend the breakfast, beautiful selection of fresh food.
The guys on reception were incredibly helpful with suggestions of where to visit the best places in Paris.
I definitely recommend Midnight Hotel Paris !

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Ch484
Dear Ch484,

We would like to thank you for sharing deep and precise details further your stay in our great property, located in the center of Paris and we are pleased that you enjoy it !

As you have noticed, our team does the best it can do to welcome our guests with kindness and sometimes surprises. That is our motto : to treat our guests as if they were part of our family !

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon. Feel free to contact us directly if you plan to go in Paris next time !

Best regards, dear Ch484 !

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Midnight was a really cute little hotel. Our room was tiny but it was clean and neat and served us fine, we were barely in it. Really comfortable bed and pillows, too. The only downside is the area it's in. Just not an area I liked walking around in at any time of day, but especially late at night when we would come back to the hotel. But all in all, staff was very nice, hotel was clean, and we had no problems at all. Would recommend.

Dear Jenny M.,

We thank you for sharing with us your experience further your stay into our charming hotel, the Midnight Hotel 3*.

Cleanliness and quality of service are our master words, and we are truly proud to know that we have contributed to make you spend a nice stay.

Feel free to contact us if you plan to go in Paris in the next months, it will be a pleasure to welcome you once again !

Best Regards,

Guelph, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

We booked this hotel months and months in advance, and I received an email from them a few days before travelling saying they needed to relocate us to another hotel further from the train station. I was worried, but then they emailed telling us they had sent the email in error. I was sort of nervous after this - for good reason, because when we arrived off our red eye flight to the hotel, they had in fact rebooked us at a different hotel, along with another group.

I will give them 2 stars instead of 1 because they rebooked us at a nice hotel that wasn't too far, but I was disappointed because 1) they obviously had not wanted to tell us they were moving us or something, maybe they thought they would lose their booking (they would have) but we had the right to know if they couldn't fit us. So I thought it was pretty shady to send the email and then another to tell us it was an error, but then to actually move us. 2) the man at the front desk was rude, and did not seem to care at all that we were being inconvenienced. The least he could have done was say he was sorry.

Anyway, we liked Hotel Soft so thanks Midnight Hotel Paris, at least we got to stay at a nicer, more accommodating hotel!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Djamel S, Responsable réception at Midnight Hotel Paris, responded to this review, 30 October 2014

Dear 122Courtney,

We thank you for having taken your time to share with the team your not so good experience with us.

We feel very sorry to learn about the misunderstandings concerning your reservation and your relocation. Be assured, dear Courtney, that it was involuntary from us.

At that time, the hotel was being finished to be renovated and as far as we remember, we encountered some difficulties with electricity on some floors. In those cases that, we admit, were inconvenient for both us and the guests, it was our duty to find a solution so as to book a suitable room in another hotel for our guests.

Once again, dear Courtney, please accept our apologies if your experience was not fully satisfactory.

We invite you to contact us directly if you plan to come in Paris the next time. Our team will be pleased if you let us a second chance to show you how marvellous can be the Midnight Hotel now that it is fully renovated.

Kindest Regards,

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I can't fault the location, it was only 5 minutes from Gard du Nord station which was pretty much ideal to get to all the tourist-y locations we wanted (there were 4 of us, all 17/18 years old). The staff were pretty welcoming, their English was good and they did help us out whenever we needed it. But the problem was the hotel itself, we had booked into the junior suite which was intended for 4 people (supposedly). When we got to the room the first thing we all noticed was there was no door to the bathroom other than for the toilet, which meant the glass-walled shower was in plain sight for everyone else in the room unless you got right into the corner which whilst we could've managed, but we shouldn't have had to, this meant we had to create our own makeshift curtain out of bin bags in order to have a private shower. Even then it meant no one else could use the sink/mirror whilst you were in the shower. Next problem was the first night the air conditioning was broken, whilst Paris isn't too different temperature wise to London (where we're all from), with 4 people in a VERY small room (with us and the suitcases there was literally no spare room, we had to jump all over the place to get from one end to the other and the sofa cushions occupied almost all the wardrobe/cabinet space in order for the sofa to function as a bed with mattresses) it was horrific, we hardly got any sleep at all due to the humidity. The A/C was fixed for the next night upon complaint but still not great and very stuffy. We later found out that we had been put in a 2 person room despite the very deceptive photographs on the website of the suite, the way we found this out was when the room cleaner failed to leave any towels causing us to go ask at reception, this wasn't that bad but the employee at the hotel upon being told which room we were said "So that'd be two towels for that suite, correct?", and was rather bemused by the fact there were 4 of us. The lift, whilst claiming to fit 3 people, barely fit 2, and only 1 if you had a suitcase. The walls were extremely thin so you can hear everyone else. And my final complaint would be the fact that there are still works being done (saw this on the other reviews but expected more progress, it looked like they'd only just begun when we were there), being woken up at 7 or 8am by loud drilling, talking, smoking etc. isn't fun when you've been out the night before and this meant we had to yell to each other in order to have a conversation.
So whilst the people were friendly and location good, serious improvements need to be made for the hotel itself before it's an acceptable standard.

Room Tip: Do not choose the Junior Suite if you are more than 2 people.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
2 Thank Ellie C
Haverhill, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed here in May '14 for a first anniversary with my girlfriend. We were working on a lower budget but didn't want to be miles from the city. I found Midnight Hotel and thought it was worth a shot!

The prices were reasonable considering some of the prices I have payed to stay in Paris.

The hotel is located in between two metro stations, the main one being Gare du Nord. This station is well connected with access straight into the city centre and Charles de Gaulle airport. The hardest part of finding the hotel came when trying to find it on the street. It is easily missed!

The location of the hotel is right in the centre of the street with various shops lining the rest of the street. Something that was a bit of a concern, especially to my girlfriend was the large amount of the locals lining the street. One afternoon I could over 50 people loitering outside the shops. We couldnt help feel as though we were being watched, especially carrying such things as dSLR cameras. Not everyone came across as friendly, more looking for opportunities to pickpocket etc. My girlfriend did say she would have felt very uncomfortable walking there alone. Something to be concerned about in my eyes! We didn't venture out too late as I felt the area at night would not have been very welcoming!

Once inside the hotel however, you do feel in a different place. The staff are friendly and speak English well. Once checked in we entered the very small (2 persons only) lift and ascended to the 5th floor. Once there, we found our room quickly and entered up the rather large step. One thing that did cross my mind a couple of days into our stay, was the fact that the hotel was not overly disabled friendly. Lots of large steps almost immediately at the exit of the lift may not be ideal for many.

The room itself was clean on arrival (as pictured). There is a large safe (held an iPad, DSLR, phone, wallet etc) and plenty of storage space as well. There was a desk, phone, air conditioning and a large window. Everything you'd expect of a larger size hotel in Paris. Something that did catch my eye, was the fact that there was 9 plug sockets in the room! Something I find lacking in other hotels. Again, made it easier to charge multiple devices at once. There was little noise in the room at night which was good, considering the street outside was busy until the early hours. I'm aware some other reviewers have mentioned the noise from the lift and other guests, however I think this is based on how close you are. We had no lift noise and only heard noise from other guests twice.

Amenities local to the hotel include lots of food stalls on the street, a small supermarket of sorts at the top and a McDonalds at the bottom of the street. A couple hundred meters away, outside Gare du Nord, is a number of restaurant chains and places to eat.

One last thing I feel worth mentioning is the fact that whenever we left the hotel to explore, the staff initially asked us to leave our room card at reception. Something I hadn't experienced before and felt somewhat unnecessary, for obvious reasons. In the end I decided to just keep the room card with me which wasn't a problem.

To sum up, if your looking for a cheap, yet simple, short stay in Paris I would recommend the Midnight Hotel. Friendly staff and quick access to the city are big positives. Along with the simple amenities, its proves to be a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors will reduce noise at night. Keep aware whilst walking the street outside, especially a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Ashley M
Dear Ashley M.,

We thank you for leaving such a lovely comment on our tripadvisor page ! Wow, be sure that we will share your experience within our team and our director !

You are true, dear Ashley, when you point out that our hotel is affordable : this was a criteria for our director to allow people to spend a nice stay (whether it is for romantic, family or business reasons) without spending a lot of money. The renovation of the hotel is now entirely finished and we have now suites, even one with a sauna inside !

As you mentionned, it is truly rare to find a 3* hotel like the Midnight Hotel in Paris, with good standards of space because in Paris most of the buildings are very old ones and not so good to develop.

We are situated in a busy walking street so maybe that explains the amount of people that you have seen, but the place itself is safe for sure. This is also due to our good location because we are situated near the train stations, which is a good point if you wish to commute easily.

Once again, we thank you for your kind comment, and please, contact us directly next time you wish to spend a nice romantic stay in our beautiful capital !

Kindest Regards,