“Meet my expectations”

Ranked #580 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Warsaw, Poland
“Meet my expectations”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

rooms are very small but clean, everyday they changed towels and bedclothes.In every room there is a kettle. But the most important advantage is location - 2 minutes walking to nearest metro, 8 min to Bastille. Around many restaurants with delicious food and ice cream. Good place for starting sightseeing Paris or staying for business purpose with small budget.
I would recommended this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank atusia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Beer Sheva
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel very much. Laurence who staffed the desk did everything to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. All the employees at the desk are multilingual and the hotel is air conditioned and very clean. I would definitely recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: The rooms were a bit small, but well worth the price we paid for a great location and excellent serv...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
uk
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Rooms v small but clean. Walls paper thin but again if other guests are ok there is no issue. Front desk service very slow late at night, not much English. Location is good, supermarket opposite and 3 min walk to metro. Weekend away with 6work colleagues good enough for the small budget we had. Great patio area to sit in at times if day.

3 Thank palcol
Reviewed 27 June 2012

The front desk staff were less than helpful when they encountered problems with our reservation, and when they discovered that it was all due to a mistake from their side nothing remotely close to an apology was given. Overall very rude staff

7 Thank Leo L
Dalry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My and my husband stayed here last New Years when visiting Disneyland Paris. The location is brilliant, very easy to get to all the major attractions, being less than a 5 minute walk from the metro stations.
The rooms were very clean and tidy (think premier inn) with all the necessities you could want. They were a bit on the small side but was normal considering the location. Breakfast was extra and expensive (9 euros) but there is a small supermarket across the road which we found to be alot cheaper.
Overall the hotel was great for a few days and in the perfect location for sightseeing around Paris and to get to Disneyland.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Michelle W
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2012

A cheap, basic hotel for an overnight stay is all I needed, so I thought this place would fit the bill.

However, even basic hotels would have a better feeling than this place, as from the moment I walked in the room I was not impressed and was surprised it had so many good reviews on tripadvisor.

The room was tired - dirty/damp patches in the corners of the room, dated bathroom and furniture. The only saving grace was that the bed was clean and comfortable, and that is all we needed on this quick trip so I was ok.

However, The floor smelled of smoke as we came home at night - and I don't recall being asked if I wanted to be on a smoking floor. Thankfully the room was fine. But the overall damp/dank smell from being in the corner of the hotel (possibly not getting much light) was not the most pleasant.

I am not usually one to complain to the hotel to move rooms - there wasn't anything technically wrong with the room,  it just was not up to the standards I was expecting given the good reviews on tripadvisor. Given the hotel has only one photo of the room on their website, I should have been smarter and booked elsewhere. After looking at other guests photos when I got home (which I don't normally do) I realised all the good reviews are for rooms that are significantly more renovated than the one we had. How much of the hotel is like that I am not sure, but we were on the third floor in the corner, so if you get this room be sure to ask to be moved.

The service was good - pleasant and quick arrival and check in. The check out was more complicated, with one woman manning the counter at 10am on a Sunday morning (peak check out) so was looking quite frazzled and guests very annoyed. Location was also great, and we have stayed in the area a few times and can definitely recommend it for great restaurants & bars.

Overall, you get what you pay for and I know the room was quite cheap but I am so annoyed I could have had at least a better quality room in the hotel (and should have complained) or spent the extra £20 to stay at a boutique hotel nearby.

I would say unless you can be guaranteed to get a renovated room, this place is definitely not worth the money. There are thousands of hotels in Paris, and I am kicking myself I gave my money to this one.

1 Thank bellapad
Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Great value for money, we obviously arrived in time on Tuesday 6th for the lift to have been fixed (see review by Gordon2112).
We asked for a room over the courtyard which was quiet. The shower room was spotless, the room quite small but fine for two over a few nights.
We enjoyed the breakfast, but with the kettle in the room and the supermarket across the street, self catering would be feasible.
Very close to the Metro and bus stops and the local Marais and St Paul areas are great to explore, plenty of places to eat.
Staff were very helpful