“Great for short stay”

Ranked #646 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Gladgow
“Great for short stay”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Great hotel for a short stay in Paris, the rooms are quite small but clean with maids every morning. The staff cant do enough to help you and its in a very local french area - great if you want the french experience. The closest metros are gaite(come out hotel turn left its 5 mins away) and alésia(come out hotel turn right its 5 mins away) - we preferred the alésia as it takes you directly to most of the attractions along the Seine. The metro is easy to work once you get your head around it and very useful! There is a supermarket if you follow the alley to the left of the building and go along the ajoining road its on your left. There is also a small shop directly outside hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Erinnnnnnn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Kent
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We chose the Campanile Maine Montparnasse for a few key reasons: it was well priced, it allowed us (through Booking.com) to specify twin or double rooms, it was well located - not far on the metro to the main sights and the reviews on TA were solid.

We were not disappointed with our choice. A number of us travelled together and found the rooms clean, well appointed and the hotel staff very pleasant and accommodating (helping with chilling some champagne for us and when we had problems with the safe). The rooms were bigger than I expected for Paris (though not huge) - I think if you get the corner rooms (ending in 07) they are more generously proportioned. The bathroom was very clean with excellent water pressure in the shower. Bed was comfortable and we did not find being on the first floor noisy at all, even though the hotel is on a main road.

In terms of location it takes about 10 minutes to walk to Montparnasse Bienvenue metro and just under that to get to Denfert Rocherau. It takes so long to get through MB as it is a large interchange that there is no point changing there for Gaite as this stop is about a 1 minute walk from MB. No attraction took more than about 20 mins on the metro. We found plenty of restaurants nearby too - heading off the main street to find more reasonable options and the area was safe and pleasant.

As we often got the metro from MB in the morning, we often ate at the cafe in the train station - 6€ for coffee, croissant and an orange juice.

I'd not hesitate to stay here again. It is not a place full of character, true, but a clean, well-appointed base to explore the city from.

Room Tip: Higher floors might be quieter. Corner rooms (ending in 07) might be slightly larger.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank bumbletraveller
London, England
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My 14 year old son, friend and myself stayed here for three nights in April. The hotel is, as the title suggests, fine. Let's face it we weren't in Paris to be in our room. It is easy enough to find, nearest metro station is Gaite on the light blue line! (I'm a Londoner so just renamed the Paris metro lines after the tube so in this case the Victoria line - not very helpful if you don't use the tube - sorry) what is helpful if you have a smartphone is the "Paris metro" app. Great expandable map and route finder which meant we didn't get lost on the metro once and we took it everywhere. Station is a 10 minute max walk from hotel. The reception staff are nice and when we made requests these were dealt with promptly. We borrowed a hair dryer and converter plug from them (20€ deposit refundable on return). The room is very small particularly with three single beds, but it was clean, the windows opened and the beds were very comfortable. Small bathroom with a small shower which had the main tap in the middle of the back wall, being of the larger variety I tended to turn of the shower every time I took a step back from the shower curtain but the water pressure was excellent and that is my main criteria for a shower. There was also a huge step up to get in the shower which could be a problem for anyone with mobility problems.
We didn't bother with the breakfast as it didn't look that appetising, there are tea and coffee making facilities in the room and a very nice bakery about 10 mins walk away (turn right out of the hotel, cross over and walk down the side of the small park with the carousel and you will come to the bakery on the left. On the Friday there was also a fantastic little market). So overall everything was........fine. I don't know that I'd stay in Montparnasse again, little quiet for me but honestly if you're happy with fine go for it.

Room Tip: It's a very quiet area can't imagine any rooms are noisy.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank clockendkaty
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed in Campanile Maine Montparnasse for 4 nights in April, it is well located between Metro stations (Gaite and Alesia) for easy access to the Parisian attractions we were visiting for (I had 27 students and 3 other staff to accommodate!) My bed was comfortable and the room fine, including a safe for security. I was a little annoyed that no matter if I had flipped the 'do not disturb' switch on my room door (that is what you have to do instead of hanging a little sign on the door) my room was indeed disturbed each day for cleaning. Having 27 teenage boys to wrangle meant I had bigger things to worry about at the time. Breakfast was decent each morning, we all had enough to eat (and these boys eat a lot!) however when supplies ran low it was slow to be replenished. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for 2 nights on a short break to Paris. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel. It is about 10 minutes walk from the metro-Line 4- which goes directly to Gare de Nord , Cite and other tourist locations.
the room was really comfortable-and I loved the contemporary décor. We were at the back, so it was really quiet. Tea/coffee making facilities were a welcome addition, so was the provision of a bath as well as a shower. The twin room was a good size and, whereas the beds might be a bit small for a tall adult, they were fine for us. We could regulate the temperature in the room ourselves, so that was another bonus. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. We didn't have the buffet breakfast, but there are several cafes nearby if you just want coffee and croissants.
I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Request a room at the back, as the hotel is on a busy main road.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank annafromlondon
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Excellent value for money. The rooms were very clean and of a decent size. Didn't have to wait long for the lifts to the top floor. Not too noisy. Excellent receptionists. Very friendly and helpful.

We had to pay for breakfast but a good continental selection. Slow to be replenished at times. Times of breakfast were excellent. I think they were 630 to 10 on the weekends. Cost we €9,95 and half price for children

Quite a good location for the metro. It was within easy walking distance

Would recommend this hotel if on a budget

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Castle Douglas, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Accommodation, service and breakfast were all of good standard. We had a room at the rear and therefore weren't bothered by noisy main road ( I wouldn't chance a room at the front). We found the hotel to be quite noisy in that you could hear all of the internal noises, however, the room was small but comfortable and good value (part of Eurostar package). Montparnasse is a good choice if you are seeking a more local area - there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance and the Metro/RER are about 10-15 mins walk from the hotel. Breakfast at 'Felicie' (5 mins walk) was a delight.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple