“Average size rooms, great service!”
Review of Hotel Innova

Hotel Innova
Ranked #803 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Seattle, Washington
“Average size rooms, great service!”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Although the hotel room was small to American standards, it was a basic European hotel room. Two twin beds with a foot between them, and on either side. A long desk, closet, and bedside shelves rounded out the room. The beds were comfy, the price competitive, and the staff were excellent.

The most outstanding part of our room was the bathroom that was nearly as large as the room itself. There was even a full size (or even larger) bathtub that was great for a nice soak after trekking through Paris all day.

The worst part about the hotel was the wifi - although the wifi was free, each device needed its own passcode. They passcodes were difficult to type in (and sometimes a device 'forgot' the network, so you'd have to log on again). It's annoying to have to tromp down to the lobby to get a new passcode if you forgot a device that needed to access the internet.

Metro near by, close to Montparnasse Rail Station, good restaurants and movie theatres close to Innova, Monoprix within walking distance.

Room Tip: I chose a higher floor because noise was less likely.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed here with my mum and little brother. Location was good, across the road there was a metro station and about 5-8 stops (10-15 mins) you were in the city centre with all attractions nearby. The room we got was small, there was a double bed which took up pretty up the entire room and then a sofa bed type of thing against a wall. The bathroom was clean and small. Breakfast was lovely though, the hot chocolate was delicious and they also had cereals, croissants, jams and butter which were all delicious. The staff were friendly and accommodating. Overall, it was decent, the place was clean, the breakfast was great and staff were nice too - but at 200 euros, you'd think the room would be a tad bigger. We ended up staying one night here and then going to the hotel next door (literally next door) and paying 130 euro for a spacious room and bathroom, with the most comfortable beds ever so we were happy! Forgot to mention that the room we had at this hotel had a window view of the Eiffel Tower, perhaps that might be why it was so overpriced.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel was great, especially considering the terrific price. My wife and I, along with our two grown sons, stayed in a family room. We had one full bed and two twins. The room was very clean, and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was very good, and the dining room was so quaint! Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. We would stay here again!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 December 2013

The hotel is within 100 mtrs of metro station which makes commutation very easy. Staff is helpful though not very clean and is noisy as it's on a busy road.
Many restaurants and pharmacy cross the road.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 5 December 2013

A typical Parisian hotel of the pleasant kind: Small rooms , friendly staff , right on the busy boulevard Pasteur and therefore not entirely quiet. The central and thus interesting situation is mitigated by the virtually sound proof windows and the existence of an air conditioning (still rate in Paris)- so with this the noise level is acceptable even on the street side except for very sensitive souls. The breakfast is rich Parisian standards, the breakfast room "cosy".
At a first glance the hotel is a bit off the popular tourist destinations - I had chosen it for work at the Pasteur Institute which is just around the corner. At second sight, the location actually is very good though , because 50 meters away there is the metro station Pasteur on line 6, which in one direction goes to Eiffel Tower with only 5 stops at and then continues the Place Etoile , in the other direction, the Quarter Latin is a mere 6 stops away with one change. The major interchange station Denfert-Rochereau to RER and thus to the two Paris airports is also just 4 stops away. The Tour Montparnasse (Observatory!) is 300 meters away by foot.
All in all, extremely good value for money for this big city.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise ask for a rear side room, the hotel is located at Boulevard Pasteur...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Trip_Input_12
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 21 November 2013

GOOD: This place have a very good location. So you can have access to all tourists places very fast.
You have a subway entry (Pasteur) very close to him that helps a lot.
The staffs are very kind and helpful.
The room size was enough for one person.
Although the place is not very new and the bed is not in perfect state, I was comfortable.
From the room that I was located, I didn't listen noise from the street.
And the place have good heating system.
BAD: When the staffs start to clean the rooms you can listen noises of opening and closing doors.
The shower is small.

Room Tip: Excellent location. Kind and helpful staffs.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Broomfield
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Be very cautious when booking this hotel! If you don't mind a very small room even in comparison to Paris standards, a constant bombardment of traffic noise if you wind up with a street-side room, and paper thin walls which offer no protection from noisy neighbors, this might be your place. Once you book, be prepared to spend your entire reserved time here. My wife and I booked the hotel sight-unseen for a four night stay last week. After we arrived and checked in we found that we needed to change our stay to just one night. I informed the night clerk that we would probably need to leave after one night but I would let him know after we returned from dinner. After a brief discussion he assured me that I would be charged for only one night. When we returned from dinner, I told him that our plans had indeed changed and we needed to move on and that I wanted to pay our bill that night because we would be leaving early. He pulled our reservation form and told me we would have to pay for two nights because we were giving them less than two days notice. He said this was the policy of the booking agent we had used to reserve the hotel. After much discussion, I agreed to pay for the two nights but informed him I would contact the booking agent to verify what he told me. After contacting the booking agent, they not only refuted the claim of the hotel, but asked them to refund me for the second night. The hotel refused and denied ever telling me that I would only have to pay for one night. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone for a number of reasons, but primarily because their actions have been dishonest. I would urge caution in trusting this hotel with my vacation if I were you!

Room Tip: If you decide to book a room here, be sure to ask for a room away from the street and make sure you...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple