“It was a Cop Out”

Ranked #1,638 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Bath, United Kingdom
“It was a Cop Out”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Good location (5 mins to Place de la Republic; 10 mins to Pere Lachaise Cemetery and 10 mins to Marais) Given now is mid August and Paris is half empty due to Parisians being away on holidays, I got a twin room for 4 nights really cheap. The downside is that the lift can only take ONE person at a time and almost no luggage (if there's a person inside), even if you were slightly claustrophobic like me I wouldn't recommend you to take the lift. I walked the stairs most of the time and I stayed in a room on 5th floor...My room faces the front so I can't really moan but right nest to the head of my bed is the bathroom of the next room and I can almost hear everything that goes on in there. The walls are very thin so I can hear it whenever a door closes. The guys at the front desk are generally quite helpful given the state of the hotel. I am sure you can make up your own mind about the hotel from the pics that I have uploaded. Every evening when I came back the bed was nicely made but I am not sure the place was properly hoovered. It was clear to me someone made an effort to clear the bathroom though. In short if you are not fuzzy and you are not looking for what most people would call comfort and you only need to have a quick wash every night and hit the sack then this hotel is a good deal. At least it was for me. But at peak times a double room there may cost about 120 Euros a night. But hey this is Paris.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Greek first
Londin
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel staff where friendly but the room itself was very dirty and small. The tiles where moldy, the floor was dirty and I don't think the blankets had been washed in a while.
Breakfast was nice but basic, coffee and a croissant. Ideal for a budget stay

Stayed August 2014

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Loughborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

If you are staying in Paris and only want somewhere to rest your head/shower then Hotel De Nemours is ok. The "hotel" is very basic, bedrooms and reception are clean however the bathroom tiles are mouldy and seem uncared for even after the apparent "renovation". We found the reception staff and the weekend cafeteria waitress friendly however the waitress during the week was very harsh and everything seemed to be too much hassle. I read the reviews before visiting Paris and I was a little anxious prior however it isn't as terrible as some might say just as I said very basic but you get what you pay for.
Also purchasing a subway ticket is vital to see Paris and for £24 for 3 days you can't moan!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Me and my husband stayed 6 night in hotel de nemours, when I booked the hotel it seemed really nice on the pictures they have on booking.com but when we arrived there they gave us a room full of mould and the bathroom and toilet were very dirty ,then we went downstairs to the reception and complained and they changed our room to another one which was alright but there was no air condition,no soundproof , and was very small, the maid left our room door open once too, wifi is terrible you can only use it in one device and it keeps going off. Don't waste your money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Helen73873983
Grafenwohr, Germany
Reviewed 27 May 2014

So I went to Paris this past weekend and stayed at Hotel Nemours. I have to say, after seeing the reviews here I should have know what I was getting into but I just figured maybe my experience would be different. Since I was in Paris, I made the best of it and ENJOYED PARIS!
I have stayed at some pretty basic "cheap" hotels and thought they were great when others didnt like them they all worked just fine for me. However, I don't think I would go back to this Hotel when I go back to Paris.
I stayed in room 61
PROS: A bed, a blanket, and a shower. The elevator didn't go crashing down with me in it like I thought it was going to and "location" I use the word location lightly. The Hotel is a block from the Permantier train station and it's in Paris so it gets points for location. Also, directly across the street was a supermarket to stock up on food, water and beer since beer in the bars/pubs are expensive.

CONS: No electrical outlet to charge the phone. Small elevator, only holds one person, may have to leave some bags in the lobby and come back to get them little by little since the elevator is maybe 2 feet by 2 feet. No Wifi in the rooms have to pay 5 euros per day and use it in the lobby. Once you finally do get connected and get a page that you like to load up, the WIFI crashes and you have to log back in. Rude day time staff you can tell he was bothered by answering simple questions not just with me but with all the customers I saw going to him as I waisted about an hour in the lobby trying to get WIFI connection to confirm site locations. but Night shift staff was alright. You can feel the metal springs in the mattress. but thats ok just put extra blankets on. very small rooms for the price. I understand its a hotel in Paris and I payed 255 euros for three nights. I am sorry, 255 Euros is 255 Euros, I just expected a lot more out of the Hotel. For that much euro I could/should have stayed elsewhere. The rooms are very small and very dim lighting. One of the lights was busted so it was even more dimn. Showers and bathrooms are very small. Other than the marginal Hotel, Paris was one of the best places I have ever been. LOVE PARIS!! I will def be going back, just wont stay at this joint.

Room Tip: Add a tip to help travelers choose a good room: Choose a room in an entirely different hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JaguarPaw123
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

If your looking for somewhere just to rest your head after after a long day this will do. Easy walk to the metro where you can go anywhere for just 1.70. The doors are rather squeaky and you can here through the walls. Theres a one man lift which is handy, but breakfast from 8-10 is just a bit of bread, coffe and orange juice.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Rob H
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2013

If you've ever visited a poorly maintained English B&B then you'll have an immediate mental image of this establishment. Annoying squeaking doors in other people's rooms, tile grout needing damp-mould removing, plugs and light switches needing tightening (I personally tightened the bathroom door handle), bathroom fan didn't work in our room, carpet looked tired, wobbly (flat-pack style) wardrobe. The ensuite contained all the equipment expected, although space for the human user was less obvious.

On the positive side the bed was amazingly comfortable and got great nights of sleep for each of the 5 nights we were there, CNN and BBC World were available on the TV (a life line!), our room came with a plug converter (though not sure whether this was left by a previous occupant), very pleasant staff, the location is excellent, quiet area and, lets face it, if one pays English B&B prices in central Paris one can't expect the Ritz!

Would I recommend? I certainly wouldn't warn people against it, but would struggle to promote it on anything other than price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends