“Decent location, great hotel”
Review of Le Mareuil

Le Mareuil
Ranked #122 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 June 2014

A friend had recommended that we stay in Le Marais, so based on our budget and TripAdvisor reviews, I selected Le Mareuil. It was not as close to Le Marais as I had anticipated, but was in a great little neighborhood between two metro stops and it was easy to walk or take the metro wherever we wanted to go. My husband and I stayed for four nights. The staff were helpful and nice, and provided us our daily umbrella as it rained each day we were there. I did not have the breakfast but my husband did and was not impressed; luckily there were delicious bakeries nearby. The room was very small but had a nice-sized bathroom and shower. The wifi was good but each device needed its own password. Overall it was a great hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cynthia A

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Le Mareuil is an exceptionally well-run boutique hotel just off République. We stayed two nights in the family suite on the 6th floor. It was a wonderful stay. The room was spotlessly cleaned and very well appointed. The bathroom is spacious (a real rarity for Paris) and the bed is incredibly comfortable. Our room had a balcony that overlooked the rooftops of Paris. We were greeted by Gilles and Francois who ushered us through a prompt check-in before showing us to our room. Gilles is an exceptional professional who made sure we were comfortable and welcomed our children with open arms and a treat during our short stay. Our housekeeper was meticulous and very sweet. It was truly a perfect stay and if I could give 6 stars, I would. The entire entire experience was just wonderful! We cannot wait to return on our next trip to Paris.

Room Tip: The top floor rooms have small balconies overlooking the city.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My wife and I and another couple stayed here for two weeks on vacation. We all agreed it was a good blend of service, comfort and location, all for a comparatively decent price. This is a boutique hotel a bit off the beaten path. So if you want to hang around the premises and the neighborhood it's probably not for you. But if you're into exploring Paris and want a first rate home base, this is your ticket. I'd give the staff six stars if I could. Everyone on the desk, in housekeeping and serving breakfast enthusiastically contributed to our enjoyment of the city. Samy and Sorhab get special mention but really everyone (Berg at breakfast, Conalie and Gil at the front desk) were stellar. Our recently renovated rooms were small (again this is Paris),but everything worked perfectly. The rooms were super clean with great beds, state-of the-art climate control, and a killer bath/shower. The location gets a mixed review. Rue de Malte is not attractive. Homeless people occupy the nearby alley. But they are not aggressive and we felt totally safe at all hours. The hotel is not central to the ritzier shops and restaurants but the heart of the Marais district is within walking distance, the metro is easy to use and the large Republique station and a taxi stand is a short walk away. If these things are a turn-off then it's going to be more like a four star experience. But for us, all the other factors merited the five star rating we gave it.

Room Tip: We were in Room 35. Our companions were in 45. They were quiet with a view of the building across...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jon C
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed here for business purposes for over a week and thoroughly enjoyed this hotel. Le Mareuil is a new, modern boutique hotel in a quiet side street, yet a couple of minutes' walk to Republique, which is one of the biggest hubs for getting about Paris on the Metro. I was lucky enough to have a room, which was almost like a small apartment, on the top floor (there is a lift). I felt safe and secure in this hotel, which also has 24 hour reception.

There is a fabulous restaurant called La Pharmacie - because food is medicine :) - right around the corner (turn right as you leave the hotel, then left). There is a laundrette en route to the restaurant, and convenience stores and a supermarket a short stroll away.

The free wi-fi worked perfectly, I had a coffee machine in my room (!). I didn't try the breakfast, as I was off to work stuff in the mornings, which isn't conducive to lingering over breakfast, but there is a good bakery on the corner of the street. There was a comfortable lounge/lobby area, with a computer for guests' access.

I found the staff attentive, polite and helpful, and they also lent me a power adaptor for the entire duration of my stay, because I had somehow brought an incorrect adaptor.

Loved Le Mareuil, and love Paris.

Room Tip: It's worth the extra money to get a superior room, if you can.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lightwork
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This hotel was perfect for our mini break in Paris for my birthday. The room was clean and comfortable with a great location. There are shops and bakeries at the end of the road. I would definitely advise against paying for breakfast at the hotel when there are places to grab coffee and croissants nearby for so much cheaper than 10 euros.

The staff were more than helpful and do speak English if you struggle with speaking french.
Really cannot find any fault and would recommend for anyone having a break in Paris.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed at Le Mareuil for a total of 8 nights (split into 1 stay of 6 nights and 1 of 2) in early June and can't speak highly enough about how much I enjoyed my stay there.

The staff are terrific, very helpful, courteous and patient while I tortured their native language - they are all quite fluent in English though and offer to switch to that at any time.

Both rooms I stayed in were amongst the cleanest most comfortable rooms I have experienced. In typical Parisian fashion they are relatively small but not claustrophobically so. The beds and bedding are super comfortable and there is a nifty sleep lamp to help you drift off if needed. The bathrooms are spotless, the shower is terrific and the towels top quality. Access to the rooms is easy via the elevator or stairs.

Both rooms I stayed in were very quiet - they overlooked Rue de Malte which is a quiet little lane. Also the airconditioning was very effective and very quiet.

Location wise the hotel is 2 minutes from either the Republique metro station which serves a few different lines or Oberkampf metro. There are plenty of good cafes and patisseries nearby as well as a small supermarket, pharmacy and bank ATMs. I felt completely safe wandering back to the hotel well after midnight.

I had breakfast once in the hotel. It was very tasty and good value for money. There is a sauna and gym in the basement but I didn't try them out.

This will be my good to hotel in Paris from now on.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim M
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Le Mareuil is a very comfortable hotel to stay in what I consider a very parisian district of Paris.From the Gard Du Nord station its only 3 stops to Place De La Republique metro (line 5), with lots of shops and restaurants to choose from and then a 5 minuite walk to Le Mareuil hotel.
Booking in was straight forward with Gill and Samy at hand, who were very helpful on the front desk providing invaluable information about the area and the rest of Paris of what to see and where to go!
The small bedroom and bathroom (standard size for Paris) was very clean with very comfy beds and great views of Parisian architecture. Also, free wifi is provided.
The breakfast for 18 euros consisted of freshly squeezed orange juice, tea or coffee, Scrambled eggs, lovely french bread and my favouite mini pain au raisons (hmm delicious!)
If you want a very Parisian base for your stay in Paris, I would recommend Le Mareuil hotel as a perfect destination to stay in Paris.

Room Tip: Try and get a bedroom on the 5tth floor for great views of Paris.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends