Le Mareuil
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$206
US$224
US$202
Official Site
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Eiffel Seine(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$180
  • Pool
US$633
US$542
  • Restaurant
All reviewsplace de la republiquerepublique metronight covequiet streetsteam roomhighly recommend lemarais districtrainfall showerboutique hotelbathrobes and slipperswalking distancethe hotel staffsuperior roomspoke perfect englishside streeteasy access to the metrowould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Following a change of plans just two or three days earlier, my wife & I stayed at Hotel Le Mareuil for seven nights from June 20-27, and could not have been any happier with our choice of this property (chosen due to the many positive reviews here on TripAdvisor).

The hotel is very well located, close to Republique Metro Station, and, while the neighbourhood is not "salubrious", we always felt quite safe and secure walking to and from Le Mareuil.

Numerous previous reviews here on TripAdvisor have singled out the "small" rooms at Hotel Le Mareuil, but my wife & I never felt cramped or smothered. The designers have made exceptionally good use of the (admittedly) limited space. There was sufficient room for us to store all of our clothes and other belongings, and (at least for Room 43) we were able to leave our bags outside our bedroom, but still within our overall room.

From the Trip Report notebook I am updating to provide a chronicle of Margaret's & my extended (nine or ten months) travels for our family and friends:

"Margaret & I could not have been any happier with our choice of Hotel Le Mareuil. We knew the room was going to be small (15 square metres / 161 square feet), and it is, but it is quite functional, with enough storage space for our clothes, a small desk where we can sit and work on our IT devices (Margaret loves her iPad, while I couldn't be any happier with my Microsoft Surface Pro 2), and an entry hallway where we have put our luggage so that it's out of our way, and not in the bedroom.

The bathroom is much larger than any we've ever had on any of our previous stays in Paris, and the shower is far bigger than we have ever had in any hotel room in Europe…it could hold four people (where most showers we have ever had were barely large enough for one person). We're both surprised with how well Hotel Le Mareuil has made use of the limited space."

The service personnel at Hotel Le Mareuil were welcoming, friendly, and always quite helpful.

Our rate included breakfast, which was probably the most extensive of any breakfast during our four weeks in Europe.

For the price we paid, we believe Hotel Le Mareuil offers very good value for money, and we would definitely consider staying there again the next time my wife & I are in Paris.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Charles S
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We sadly only stayed one night here on our way back home and after a flight from Italy. It's not quite in the Marais as i had thought, but near Republique. We were greeted by Gilles who my husband has decided is the Christopher Waltz of Paris hotels. He was super professional and helpful in our check in and understanding the room and making us at home. I hope his bosses know what a gem they have in him, when American's are raving about the over the top kindness of the hotel staff ! We all went separate ways but Gilles tried to help me with restaurant choices.

The room was small but not as small as our other hotel but much more modern and updated. The bathroom was very modern and had all natural lovely products to use. Great shower and pressure. The wi fi was very fast and just needed a code for each device. We didn't have the breakfast as it started just as we had to leave for the airport but looking over it they had a very large selection and hot scrambled eggs included for 9 euros which would be a steal at a cafe for what they offered.
The night person was also really sweet and helped us call the right van for the morning and set wake up calls for teens.

This is a boutique hotel in the best sense, small, caring staff, clean lovely rooms and modern convenience . We felt safe enough with our daughter staying by her self for a couple of hours there while we all explored different things. The bed was very comfy and the linens were really lush and made you want to sleep in!
By the way, stay clear of the La Republique restaurant in the square. We went for sorbet and had to laugh as a little mouse ran in and out of our feet as we were sitting behind the outdoor tables. It's very near the hotel which is why i'm putting it here!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2014

A friend had recommended that we stay in Le Marais, so based on our budget and TripAdvisor reviews, I selected Le Mareuil. It was not as close to Le Marais as I had anticipated, but was in a great little neighborhood between two metro stops and it was easy to walk or take the metro wherever we wanted to go. My husband and I stayed for four nights. The staff were helpful and nice, and provided us our daily umbrella as it rained each day we were there. I did not have the breakfast but my husband did and was not impressed; luckily there were delicious bakeries nearby. The room was very small but had a nice-sized bathroom and shower. The wifi was good but each device needed its own password. Overall it was a great hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cynthia A
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Le Mareuil is an exceptionally well-run boutique hotel just off République. We stayed two nights in the family suite on the 6th floor. It was a wonderful stay. The room was spotlessly cleaned and very well appointed. The bathroom is spacious (a real rarity for Paris) and the bed is incredibly comfortable. Our room had a balcony that overlooked the rooftops of Paris. We were greeted by Gilles and Francois who ushered us through a prompt check-in before showing us to our room. Gilles is an exceptional professional who made sure we were comfortable and welcomed our children with open arms and a treat during our short stay. Our housekeeper was meticulous and very sweet. It was truly a perfect stay and if I could give 6 stars, I would. The entire entire experience was just wonderful! We cannot wait to return on our next trip to Paris.

Room Tip: The top floor rooms have small balconies overlooking the city.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My wife and I and another couple stayed here for two weeks on vacation. We all agreed it was a good blend of service, comfort and location, all for a comparatively decent price. This is a boutique hotel a bit off the beaten path. So if you want to hang around the premises and the neighborhood it's probably not for you. But if you're into exploring Paris and want a first rate home base, this is your ticket. I'd give the staff six stars if I could. Everyone on the desk, in housekeeping and serving breakfast enthusiastically contributed to our enjoyment of the city. Samy and Sorhab get special mention but really everyone (Berg at breakfast, Conalie and Gil at the front desk) were stellar. Our recently renovated rooms were small (again this is Paris),but everything worked perfectly. The rooms were super clean with great beds, state-of the-art climate control, and a killer bath/shower. The location gets a mixed review. Rue de Malte is not attractive. Homeless people occupy the nearby alley. But they are not aggressive and we felt totally safe at all hours. The hotel is not central to the ritzier shops and restaurants but the heart of the Marais district is within walking distance, the metro is easy to use and the large Republique station and a taxi stand is a short walk away. If these things are a turn-off then it's going to be more like a four star experience. But for us, all the other factors merited the five star rating we gave it.

Room Tip: We were in Room 35. Our companions were in 45. They were quiet with a view of the building across the street.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends