“Comfortable stay, very good service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Regence Etoile

Hotel Regence Etoile
Ranked #450 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Singapore
“Comfortable stay, very good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

We had a last minute jaunt in paris and were very lucky to have found a gem of a hotel in the bustling area if town. We were tired with a week if traveling and the hotel just made it so much more easier for is to make the most of our two days in town. Breakfasts were small scale, but fresh and sumptuous. Because we were on skirt notice we had the room that was right by the reception, and the door had an unusual double layer system. Apart from that the room was comfortable, and we could enjoy good rest. We were heading onward to Lyon and the printing and computer station at the hotel really helped us make it to the train with tickets on time. The lady in charge of the breakfast made sure we had our fill before shutting down the area (although we were late). The receptionist helped us many a time with places to visit and taxi recommendations and things to to in paris, France and on the next leg of our holiday!
All in all we had a lovely stay, so close to all the main shopping and entertainment in paris, with comfortable and warm service.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
catherine z, Responsable commercial at Hotel Regence Etoile, responded to this review, 2 October 2015
We thank you for shaning your experience at the Hotel Regence Etoile and we are pleased to read that you found your stay with us most enjoyable.

We are looking forward to welcoming you once again very soon!

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

My wife and I spent a wonderful week in Paris, and this hotel was just about perfect. The staff were wonderful and the food was great. Rooms are modern and clean. The location is great and it is within walking distance of some famous sights...we walked to the Eiffel tower, and it seemed like such a short stroll. I had the misfortune of losing my cell phone in the cab on the way to the airport, and the staff at this hotel tracked it down....retrieved it and sent to me at home in Canada....incredible !!! . This is a great spot for your holiday in Paris.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank charli
Dear Guests,

We thank you for your stay in our hotel and we are grateful for your comments.
We hope to welcome you in a future stay in Paris.

Best regards,
Upper Bavaria, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

The Regence Etoile is a lovely hotel located in the heart of Paris. It was booked for me as a surprise weekend away. The superior quality of the Regence really made the weekend superb.
The reception area, elevator, room (and bathroom, in particular) are spotless. The mattress, bedding and pillows were top quality. There were extra blankets and pillows in the wardrobe.
We had one of the larger rooms at the back of the hotel. It was quiet and the modern windows were perfect for regulating the amount of fresh air in the room.

The staff at the front desk were consistently polite and spoke English well. The Wifi connection was no hassle at all and worked well. We did not have breakfast at the hotel. There are many little restaurants, boutiques and shops in the vicinity. The convenience of the location at the Arc de Triomph is wonderful, enabling one to travel all over Paris easily by metro and RER. Walking back to the hotel each time was a joy as one sees the Arc de Triomph and the Eiffel Tower in full view! A treat for any tourist.

In my opinion, it is hard to find a good hotel in Paris. Merci bien, Regence!

Room Tip: Room 301 was our lovely room!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank indogerman
Thank you for this review and your compliments.
We will happy to welcoming you for a next trip in Paris.

Best regards.
Tiverton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

We had a pleasant 3 night break at this hotel. Room only, which was fine because Paris is a city in which you are out and about all day. There are plenty of local restaurants and cafés nearby for breakfast. The Air France bus to both Paris airports has a main stop one block up the street and this is very handy - and is a lot cheaper (at €10) for getting to/from CDG than the Roissy bus. We did notice that there did not appear to be a smoke detector in the hotel room and that the fire escape was the wood-faced main stairway down to reception. This seems quite common in Paris and presumably complies with local fire regs (?), but worth knowing about (I would prefer a steel or concrete fire escape leading directly outside). Apart from that, hotel was clean and pretty quiet, staff were friendly and reception very helpful and efficient. A good base to explore from.

• Stayed December 2013
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

The hotel staff at this hotel were so helpful and accommodating. They helped us with dinner reservations and all of our questions. The rooms are average as were the bathrooms. The location is behind the Arc de Triumph, which I found to be a little far, but the metro stop is only a block away. We had no problem taking the metro wherever we had to go. The breakfast room is very small, and one morning we had to wait for a table. The breakfast selection was okay, the same thing every morning. The area where the hotel is located is very quiet, so if this is what you want, than this hotel will work for you.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AndiA25
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I found this hotel on a list that meeting organizers had sent me and picked this hotel out of others due to its location and the TripAdvisor reviews I'd read. I was very pleased to have made this choice!

The hotel is 500 meters away from the Charles de Gaulle-Étoile metro and RER stations (take exit no. 5) and is towards the end of avenue Carnot, one of the 12 avenues surrounding the Arc de Triomphe. You can see the Arc de Triomphe as soon as you step out of the street, but the hotel is far enough down the avenue for you to get some peace and quiet. There are numerous restaurants, a bakery, a neighborhood grocery store and a pharmacy on the street that intersects avenue Carnot. If you want more action and choice, the Champs-Élysées and other major boulevards are all within walking distance. Depending on much you like to walk, places like Place de la Concorde can also be reached on foot in half an our or so (or by metro in about a third of the time).

The room is quite small. I am not a large person, so that is saying a lot. I was informed, when checking in, that I had been given an upgrade, which I understood to mean being given a queen sized bed rather than a bed for one person. The bed, little refrigerator, desk and wardrobe took up most of the space. Luckily there was enough closet space to tuck away stuff that could have made walking around the room difficult (forget about trying to exercise inside your room). The size of the room didn't really bother me, as I was out most of the time. The bathroom was, in contrast, of normal size. When I was in the room, I appreciated the fact that I could actually see the wooden floor, as only some parts of the room were carpeted. I also liked the wooden furniture and the homey scent in the room. Sometimes I could hear the voices from the other rooms, but the noise level was always tolerable.

The people at reception were always polite, friendly and helpful. You have to leave your key each time you go out. When they give you back your key, make sure have the correct key, as they once gave me the wrong key and I only realized the mistake after I'd gone up to try and open the door to my room.

Breakfast is EUR 13, which is probably good value if you want to have a full breakfast. I decided to go for other options as the breakfast area is in the basement of the building and didn't offer much of a view (I like to people watch).

The next time I find an excuse to be in Paris, I will consider this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Talampakan
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed at the Regence Etoile mid November and were very pleased with the hotel. The room and en-suite bathroom were of a very good size and we had a slight view of the Arc de Triomphe. The hotel is very convenient for the metro, the RER and the Air France bus from CDG airport which stops at the top of Avenue Carnot. Continental breakfast (which was included in the cost of our room) has plenty of choice. I booked on-line and mentioned the trip was a treat for my husband's birthday. On arrival, a bottle of champagne and fruit were delivered to our room, which was a lovely surprise and much appreciated. The staff were warm and friendly and spoke English though we tried to use our limited French where possible. We would definitely stay at the hotel when we next go to Paris.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple