“Tiny rooms with a pathetic lift”

Best Western Paris Gare Saint Lazare
Ranked #1,060 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
New Delhi, India
“Tiny rooms with a pathetic lift”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed there for 3 nights last week with friends. We arrived a little early and requested for an early check in - the staff was outright rude and did not try to accommodate even by a few minutes even though rooms had got vacated. The rooms were tiny and one could not have a proper shower. The lift is in the middle of the staircase with no landing and stopping in between floors - not suitable for carrying bags or for the differently abled . Mathis in particular at front desk was rude even though sanjay tried to be friendly. Will not stay here again gw.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank piyasingh
DIRSEIH, Responsable relations clients at Best Western Paris Gare Saint Lazare, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Dear piyasingh,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking some time to post a comment on your stay at the Best Western Elysees Paris Monceau.
However, we regret that some elements of our hotel and service were not completely up to your expectations. We are deeply sorry for that.

I am sorry to notice that you had a bad experience woth our staff. Usually our receptionnists are very attentive to our guests expectations and try to find a solution to every problem encountered.
As it is written on confirmations, the checkin is from 3pm and when it is possible we invite our guests to go in their room before that time. Even if a room seems vacant our procedures imposed on us to check different points in the room before a checkin. That is why my colleague from the reception was not allowed to let you go in the room before 3pm.

I am really disappointed to hear that you did not like your room. As written in the description of our rooms, the size of the Standard room is around 15sqm which is perfect for a short stay. For a longer stay I advise to book a Superior or an Elegance room which is our biggest room that offers a balcony.

I am sorry to know that you had a bad experience with our lift. The hotel is a typical haussmannian building and the lift stops between 2 floors. Unfortunately this is due to the architecture of the building. The staff is at your entire disposal to help you at any moment and for your next stay they will do their best to give you a room on the first 2 floors

In early 2013 the hotel was submitted to the agreement of the Ministry in charge of Tourism and Best Western and they both agree that the size of the rooms and bathrooms and the lift respect the criterion of a 3 star hotel in Paris.

Thank you again for your comments on different points. Be sure that I will share them with my direction to improve our services. We hope that the image of the Best Western Elysees Paris Monceau has not been tarnished by this experience and that we will welcome you again.
The Guest Relation Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This hôtel was so cute and élégant
Amazing and Nice place with a wonderful breakfast.
The atmosphere is healthy because everything is very clean and its very important for me.
The wifi si working very well in all the hôtel an its free.
My room is peaceful and spacious(202) with a very Nice balcony
I CAN advise this hôtel for business man,family and Paris fanatics.
Thank to the staff Who was especialy helpful.
I Will come back on décember for Christmas with all my family

Room Tip: Number 2 and 4
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Raphy L
DIRSEIH, Responsable relations clients at Best Western Paris Gare Saint Lazare, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Raphy L,

Thank you for taking some time to write a comment on your stay at the hotel Best Western Elysees Paris Monceau***.

I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel: the breakfast, the cleanliness of rooms, the helpfulness of our staff, your room...
Be sure that I will share your comment with our staff.

We will be very happy to welcome you again in December.
New york
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I spend a very Nice stay in Paris in this hôtel bw élysées paris monceau!nice place Nice Room very clean And very kind people there especially benjamin who helped us for the visit in Paris
Wonderful City! It´s really the place for the lovers

1 Thank Alaskaalan
DIRSEIH, Responsable relations clients at Best Western Paris Gare Saint Lazare, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Alaskaalan,

First of all I would like to thank you for your kind comment on the hotel Best Western Elysees Paris Monceau. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and beautiful city.
I will share your comment with our staff and especially Benjamin.
We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean but very small. We enjoyed our stay in Paris and felt like Elysees Paris Monceau added to our overall positive experience. Good central location.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank BrendaLynnM
DIRSEIH, Responsable relations clients at Best Western Paris Gare Saint Lazare, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear BrendaLynnM,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay even if you found the room a little bit small. Paris is known to have the smallest room in Europe and I am sorry if it disturbed you.

We really hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you again soon.
Paris
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Really great hotel, clean, quiet. The localisation is perfect if you wanna visit Paris, we are just at 10 minutes of Champs Elysees. The service is great, thanks to Mathias for all his recommandantions.

• Stayed June 2014
DIRSEIH, Responsable relations clients at Best Western Paris Gare Saint Lazare, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Julien2894,

We are pleased to read that your room contributed to your comfort and your well-being during your stay with us.
I am glad to see that you appreciated the location of the hotel and the attractions around it, and the efficiency of our staff. Be sure that your comment has been told to Mathias.

We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you soon.
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Location is the main thing about this hotel. It is near public transportation (metro,train,etc) and within walking distance of the city center. Breakfast buffet was not substantial. The rooms were tiny and upstairs do not have reliable wifi access.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
DIRSEIH, Responsable relations clients at Best Western Paris Gare Saint Lazare, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Senay G,

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed our very central location. As you explained it, the hotel is at a fews steps from the metro station Miromesnil and at 10min by feet to the Champs Elysees Avenue.

We regret to know that you did not enjoy our buffet breakfast. Our guests come from all around the world and we do our best to offer a full buffet with diverse products. Your comment will help us to improve our service.

I am really disappointed to hear that you found your room tiny. In Paris, hotel rooms are famous for being smaller than in other european capitals. If you want a bigger room, I recommand you an Executive room than a Standard room. Do not hesitate to ask the receptionnists for more information.

Regarding the free WiFi, it is available in the entire hotel (rooms and public areas). I am sorry to know that it did not work well in your room. A free computer and a printer were at your disposal in the lobby of the hotel.

I really hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again at the hotel.
Best regards,
The Guest Relation Manager.
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Location only 500 meters from the st.George 1 station , small rooms but ok , breakfast good and staff helpful, 4 years ago I stayed in this hotel and it was very bad ,now every thing changed and a lot of improvement achieved ,do not mid to stay again if my trip 2 to 3 days

• Stayed June 2014
DIRSEIH, Responsable relations clients at Best Western Paris Gare Saint Lazare, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear dalabieh,

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed our very central location next to the Gare St Lazare and many metro lines.

I am very pleased to know that you found the hotel better than 4 years ago. We took into account all the comments on the hotel to improve our services. Our staff will be very happy to know that they do a good job.

We would be very pleased to welcome you again at the hotel for your next parisian stay.
The Guest Relation Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paris
Best Western Paris Porte De Vers...
#7 of 12 in Issy-les-Moulineaux
Best Western Aulivia Opera
#904 of 1,802 in Paris
Batignolles-Monceau
Best Western Opera Batignolles

Been to Best Western Paris Gare Saint Lazare? Share your experiences!