“The Honeymoon Starts Here...”

Hotel de Londres Eiffel
Ranked #29 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“The Honeymoon Starts Here...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2011

We were married in the fall and waited to take our honeymoon because we wanted to see Paris in the springtime. We couldn't have been happier with the hotel, the location, and the staff. Our room was impeccable, we could see the Eiffel Tower from our window and had easy access to trains (Versailles!) and buses (the Louvre!), and the service was fantastic. In particular, Arnaud was patient with us (our French was less-than-ideal) in providing directions to navigate the city, reach public transportation, and find restaurants nearby.

We couldn't be more pleased.

Paul & Melissa

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank schoolio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2011

As a young couple this was a great hotel to stay in. I couldnt fault it at all.
The room was smallish (but have seen smaller!), decorated very nicely, and very comfortable. It might be a small room, but it was a big bed! We were also lucky as, like other reviewers, we were upgraded into room 62 on the top floor which had a great view of the Eiffel Tower.
The breakfast room was being redecorated, and so they told us breakfast would be in our room. This was actually much better, as it was effectively room service whenever you wanted it! Lovely croissants! For some reason they then deducated the cost of breakfast from our bill at the end, which was another bonus...!
The staff were very friendly and helpful, and really tried to make sure everything was OK during out stay, without being over bearing.
In terms of the location, obviously you are right next to Eiffel Tower, and also it is only a short walk to the river. Metro station is also only a couple minutes walk.
There are so many lovely things on your doorstep I can hardly remember them all, but within yards there are lovely resturants and a wonderful Macaroon shop. I will definately be recommending this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Turn81
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2011

We stayed at this hotel for two nights, and was simply a place to sleep as there was so much to do during the day. Work was being carried out in the dining area, so we were upgraded to a room with a view at no extra charge.

The room was a decent size, and what you would expect for Paris, most buildings being tall instead of wide. The bathroom was fairly small, as was the stand in shower, but still manageable.

This hotel is fantastic, if only for the area in which it is located, with plenty of restaurants with reasonable prices (Try les Cocettes, turn right out of the hotel, turn right at the end of the road, rhen walk about 2 minutes!), numerous shops and patisseries. The supermarket is only around the corner, so we could pick up a few snacks and drinks for the day. The hotel charges 10 Euros each for breakfast, but we went elsewhere.

All staff we came across spoke English, and were really very friendly and helpful. Much like a previous review, we were also getting a late train home, so had to leave our bags in the hotel lobby, which also left me feeling quite unsettled for most of the day, even though we were reassured that a member of staff would be in the lobby all day so the bags would be ok, but would have still much preffered the bags to be stored elsewhere, away from the view of others. Will likely get an earlier time in transport on my next visit, to avoid this.

Other than that slight issue, the hotel cannot really be faulted, for us, a perfect location and a perfect stay, will be staying here again in the future!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank joytotravel1
Bend, Oregon, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2011

We enjoyed very much returning to Hotel de Londres when we visited Paris, because of its location, charm, and accommodating staff. We celebrated our 10th anniversary during this stay and in 2001 honeymooned at Hotel de Londres--enjoying the view of, and close proximity to, the Eiffel Tower. Each stay encourages us to return since the excellent location makes it convenient for us to visit the major historic and cultural sites of Paris and the staff is very helpful and gracious. We enjoyed walking to many interesting nearby places and found it convenient to access the Metro or the bus (be sure to purchase multiple one-ride tickets at any Metro Station). Depending on the direction, the 69 Bus runs along the nearby streets of Saint Dominique and Rue de Grenelle.

Nearby Hotel de Londres are a floral shop, butcher shop, chocolate shop, a bakery, a small super market, a laundry mat, the postal office, a wine shop, several nice clothing shops and a variety of nice bistros, cafes and restaurants. Around the corner from the hotel is the La Fontaine de Mars bistro where President and Mrs. Obama had lunch with one of their daughters and two friends two years ago and another block away is the wonderful rue Cler which, with its many interesting shops, is a great place to stroll, unhindered by traffic (since it's closed to cars and allows abundant room for strolling along the cobblestone promenade).

On this trip we learned that the hotel is almost complete in remodeling all 30 rooms. Remodeling the reception area was scheduled to be completed soon after our stay, so we know it will be especially nice at the time of our next visit. Much detailed and well-designed work was reflected in the remodeled rooms and bathrooms. I liked the towel warmer and the efficient use of shower space in the bathroom. Each room has its unique interior design for variety. It was easy to sleep, because the rooms were quiet and dark at night. The bathroom hardware, tile work, etc. is the best we have ever experienced in our extensive travels. The breakfast each morning was quite nice and the setting was very comfortable and very nicely decorated and cozy.

On this trip we revisted the Louvre, climbed the stairs of the Arch of Triumph and sat on the steps of Sacre Coeur and gazed across Paris enjoying seeing it beautifully lighted at night. A real treat was seeing the sparkling lighting of the Eiffel Tower as we returned to the hotel.

Our main goal on this trip was to explore the neighborhood of Hotel de Londres (primarily the area between the Eiffel Tower and the Sorbonne). We received great recommendations from Cedric and Arnaud at the front desk. My favorite colorful street to walk is rue Cler and began the walk at its intersection with rue de Grenelle. I discovered an Outlet Store at 71 Avenue Bosquet, 75007 where I purchased several cashmere sweaters.

Arnaud, Cedric and Patrice were helpful in recommendating sites and restaurants. We highly recommend the following restaurants which are within walking distance of Hotel de Londres:

Gusto Italia

Tel. 01.45 55 64 04

Sancerre (for breakfast)
22 Avenue Rapp, 75007, Paris
Tel. 01.45 51 75 91

As a souvenir I got my hair shampooed and styled by Gilbert who works at Un Look Pour Toous. He is located only two blocks away at 39 avenue Rapp, 7500067 Tel. 01.47 05 9151

Outlet Store

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GlobalTeachers
Derbyshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2011

We stayed here in February with our 12 year old daughter. We never normally stay anywhere with less than 4 stars but that was in the days when my daughter shared a room with us! Now we need two rooms and as Paris is so expensive we had to lower our usual standards. I was a bit appehensive about staying here I must admit despite the good reviews. We arrived in the evening to a very welcoming male receptionist but I did think reception looked a little tatty and small. We were given our rooms and used a small lift to reach them on the second floor. The rooms themselves were very nice and I believe newly decorated but they were small and cramped. We had one room over looking the back and the other overlooked the front. I was disappointed as I was led to believe the rooms were interconnected but they were two seperate rooms and therefore I ended up having to sleep in with my daughter as I did not feel comfortable allowing her to sleep alone. We slept in the room overlooking the front and I had the window open in the night as I dont like it stuffy. However I had to get up during the night and close it as it was very noisy.

The bathrooms were very clean (as were the bedrooms) and I have no complaints at all.

We never used the breakfast room and I didnt even know where it was as noone told us. There was a vending machine near the stairs to get coffee so I assumed they didnt have kitchen facitlities!!

Work was being carried out during our stay and every morning we were awoken by banging. The builder had dragged a cable all the way up the stairs outside our room which was so dangerous.

The location is excellent and you cannot fault it. The area is wonderful, plenty of restaurants, a supermarket and lots of lovely patisseries with fantastic french pastries and most of them do coffee/tea and have seating areas in them so getting breakfast was never a problem. The Eiffel tower is just around the corner and you can also get the tour buses here which will take you around all the main areas in Paris.

I would stay here again simply for its cleanliness and its location. It does what it says on the tin! Provides you with comfy accommodation at a reasonable cost and in a good location. I would just know exactly what to expect next time.

Oh, one other thing. We were not travelling until 4pm on departure so we asked to leave our cases somewhere. They obliged but when we returned, we realised they had left them in reception all day together with other peoples cases. I had bought a Tiffany necklace on my holiday and was horrified to think that this was left sitting in my bag in reception all day! I also had a panic when they aked me in the airport if anyone could have tampered with the cases and I realised that yes, matbe they could have. I kept quiet and just prayed that noone had!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
lwanderingsiren
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2011

My fiance and I stayed here for 5 nights in January and absolutely fell in love with the hotel. First off the location is excellent. Walking distance to the Eiffel Tower, Metro, restaurants, laundry, supermarket, and patisseries. The building is so pretty in white with balconies and flowers. Luckily, we were upgraded to a room on the 5th floor with a partial view of the Tower. So beautiful! The room was small but very clean and nicely decorated. Most importantly for us, it was quiet! We were able to comfortably sleep in without being disturbed by outside noise or noise within the hotel. The staff were all friendly and helpful. I would recomment this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Paris. We can't wait to return when the weather is warmer and the gardens are in bloom!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wanderingsiren
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2011

Traveled with my dad and teen daughter to Paris in December. Although the weather was cold we had a wonderful time. The hotel was very nice and comfortable. Although the rooms are small they are just being completely renovated. I stayed in a new room, the bathroom was nice and clean and the room furniture was totally new. It has free Wifi and cable tv. The hotel is located very close to the Eiffel tower, 2 minute walk and is surrounded by typical french restaurants, boulangeries, cafes, supermarket etc the neighborhood is wonderful. The Metro is 2 blocks away and that connects you anywhere you want to go. What really makes this hotel stand out is the front desk staff. They were extremely accommodating and helpful. The tips they gave us were priceless. I have to say that without their help our trip to Paris would have been much more difficult. We enjoyed eating in restaurants they recommended where the food was very good and not to pricey. My wife will be traveling to Paris next week and she will definitely stay at this hotel. Merci beaucoup to Matheaus and all the other front desk staff.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family