“Again and Again”

US$114.30*
Orangerie Museum: 2-Hour Small Group Guided Tour with Skip the Line Access
Ranked #11 of 1,231 things to do in Paris
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I have been to Paris twice with many years inbetween visits. This gallery space has been renovated since I last visited and I must say that it is even better now. It always leaves a lasting impression and is truly emotionally uplifting. Impressionist painter Monet painted a series of Waterlillies that lines two round rooms of this space. He made this as a place for people to come and meditate quietly. You can choose any canvas to focus on. Natural light is filtered through into this space to add to the tranquility you will experience here.
There is also a great collection of other works of Modern Art here including a number by Renoir and Cezanne.

A must see when in Paris.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I went here on my own and sat on the white marble benches just admiring the amazing Monets. Well worth a visit - not as busy as Musee de Orsay

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Their queue management was terrible. They have 3 lines annual pass, prepaid ticket, and no ticket. It was impossible to know which line was which. Furthermore some people were kept outside in the rain on a "slow" day for over an hour. When we got inside the museum was not busy at all but there was only one person handling security which really slowed things down. Even as late as 3pm people were lined up. We went for the Frieda exhibition which really was not special.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Could not believe the 2 hour line, but the Kahlo- Rivera special showing along with the wonderful Monet's Water Lilies made it worthwhile.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I love Monet's work and seeing these large format paintings is so amazing. I didn't have any lines to wait in when I was there on a Saturday. There are benches in the middle of the rooms underneath skylights; mainly people just sat there and absorbed the beauty in near silence. I was in awe. The Musee Marmottan has more of Monet's work so if you can get there, it's well worth the time. But the paintings at L'Orangerie are stunning. You can take photos if you don't use flash. I bought a Museum Pass as I had Friday evening and all day Saturday in Paris. I visited in September 2009.