“Service soso and food average. Lack of staffs ”
Review of La Villa d'Este

La Villa d'Este
Ranked #10,696 of 17,628 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$22 - US$49
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Champs-Elysees
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

We popped into this restaurant as we saw quite a few people inside.

The snails were great and we reordered but the scallops turned out to be disappointing which isn't hot inside.

There are not enough staff and we have to wait for 10 mins to get our bill.

Won't come again!

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Don't eat in La Villa d'Este in Paris - it was horrible. I was with a group of tourists of a Dutch travelling agency- van Nood reizen - in this restaurant. According the guide Robert this restaurant seemed to be haute cuisine. I did not expect that the food would be as good as if they would serve for Parisiens as I was with a group of tourists but the eating experience I had here was a real night mare. The quality of the food was really terrible. The entree I choosed seemed to be a slice of cat food instead of paté. My daughter of 12 years old had a half cup of soup and I had to defend her against the waiters as they tried to take it away before she even could finish eating it. The main dishes were a disaster of pieces of chicken sponge and the salmon was dry and tasteless. The chicken sponges as well as the salmon were disguised in a yellow fluid substance. A totall deception for ones taste. Even bigger was my surprise that this restaurant showed to be capable to rape a piece of ice! If this restaurant is representative to be part of "Best Restaurants Paris" then I advice all tourists to use the app to avoid these restaurants instead of visiting them.

Reviewed 22 February 2013

This was a great find ! The food was good and cooked with care and imagination. Service was friendly and warm and the price was amazingly good value for the location! We have eaten at some top hotels in Paris and payed a lot more for dinners, which have been not been as delicious as the one at this restaurant.

1  Thank cookie t
Reviewed 2 November 2012

A lovely set out restaurant, the service was very friendly and the food was superb, also the presentation was perfect.A great chef.
I would recommend this restaurant to travellers to Paris

1  Thank mehrts-2
Reviewed 5 September 2012

If you find the prices a little above your pocketbook at Guy Savoy's restaurant on Arsene Houssaye just off Champs Elysees, in the heart of Paris, step across the street to La Villa d'Este at 4 Rue Arsene Houssaye. They have several offerings for the true gourmand at a fraction of the price. For a mere 35,50 euros, you can have a three course meal. There are choices that include pate, carpacio, or you can sample meat and potatoes. I chose a Camembert cheese appetizer. The size of a saucer, the apple and cheese was wrapped in a paper thin crust on a bed of lettuce. Not only delicious, but could have fed 4 people. This was followed up with a rib eye steak, cooked to perfection and so tender. It was served with a small casserole of whipped potatoes and au jus. For dessert, I chose Creme Brulee. What a surprise, when they brought out a salad plate sized dessert of the finest custard with Italian cherries baked in. Worth the money and you will leave more than satisfied.

1  Thank CatladySedona