As other reviewers have noted, Smart Place Paris is about as fine as hostels get.
- It is located near Gare du Nord, a station from which you can easily explore the city.
- There are plenty of mini-marts nearby to grab supplies at for budget meals prepared in the communal kitchen (which could do with some extra mugs and cutlery, but is otherwise functional).
- The rooms (we had a private double) are small and gaudily decorated (pink!), but comfy enough. Note that wi-fi only works in the communal area downstairs.
- The people at the desk were often busy, but when you got to the front of the queue they were helpful and friendly.
Choosing accom in Paris is depressing for those on a budget - you don't get much for your dollar - but Smart Paris definitely delivered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Smart Place Paris is the perfect budget hostel to experience the most of Paris. Located few meters to Gare du Nord and close to all the popular areas where the day and night life is quite animated, you will discover the most beautiful places of the french capital while enjoying a local city life. Surrounded by bars, theatres, you can easily walk to the Grands Boulevards, Opéra and Galeries Lafayette. Chose between the modern private, double or triple rooms, or share a dormitory with your friends (mixed or not). Prepare a meal in the common kitchen, relax in the lobby, stay connected with the free wifi and ask anything you need to the friendly team. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Smart Place Paris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.