“Hotel like a sweet home? Yes!”

Chambiges Elysees Hotel
Ranked #211 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Riga, Latvia
“Hotel like a sweet home? Yes!”
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Warm and hospitable atmosphere created by frendly staff of personell gives real feeling that you are in sweet home! Great location, luxury room interior, reasonable price!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank marine7389

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, ON
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Great hotel. The location couldn't be beat, as it was a short walk to the Champs D'Elysées, the Seine, metro stops and many restaurants. I would definitely stay here again.

The breakfast was a nice mix of French (baguettes, cheese) and North American continental (yogurt, cereal, etc). It was also very nice to have ground coffee instead of espresso in the morning. The tea room was quiet and never crowded.

Having free wifi was a huge bonus. I had some difficulties logging on at first, but after a new access code, everything seemed to work fine. I was very happy to be able to chat with my family back home from the comfort of my hotel room.

The service was good. After having read many reviews before my trip, I was expecting exceptional service, and it was just good. The front desk staff seemed to be appreciative that I spoke in French, although I did hear them speaking very good English to other guests. One front desk clerk came up to my room to help me figure out the television; the problem ended up being that the remote wasn't working properly, so he came up because the instructions he was giving over the phone weren't working. While he was helpful, he seemed slightly irritated to be called away from his post. There was also a false fire alarm during my stay, and I had to translate for some confused guests in the lobby as to what was going on since the front desk clerk was otherwise occupied.

A few things to note:
1) the hallway lights seem to be on motion sensors, so it can be dark when you get out of the elevator. I think this was a great idea, but I could see how it could be disconcerting if you weren't aware of it at first.

2) The toilet was separate from the sink/bathtub area. Everytime I used the washroom, I would have to go around to the bathroom so I could wash my hands. Seems it would make more sense to have a sink in with the toilet if you're going to separate them. Makes you wonder how many people are washing their hands!

All in all, a lovely hotel, comfortable rooms, a few nice amentiies, and an amazing location!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank krissie36
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Definitely one of the cleanest and nicest hotels in which I have ever stayed. Very soft carpeting in the room (and spotless), large comfortable bed, nice bathtub, and great location. I love that you can open the large doors/windows to step out onto the miniature balcony. We had a nice view of the quaint French street below. The breakfast items offered in the morning were very tasty and there was a nice variety. I would definitely consider staying here again when visiting Paris!

4 Thank JHunter26
Reviewed 4 June 2011

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hôtel Chambiges Élysées. The breakfasts were great. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. We will definitely return.

2 Thank thomasmorrison
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 25 May 2011

My mom, sister, sister-in-law and I were in Paris for five days to celebrate my 40th birthday. The hotel was great - perfectly located. We were close to two metro stops, and only had to cross the pont d'alma to catch the train to Versailles.

The breakfast was great and the breakfast room never felt crowded. We would eat breakfast between 8-9am, so I'm not sure if it gets crowded later.

The staff was very helpful and made dinner reservations for us for three of the nights we were there. On our first day, we asked if we could drink a bottle of wine we bought in the courtyard and the response was "Of course!" They gave us a bottle of opener along with several glasses.

My mom had brought a travel steamer that didn't work, so she put it in the trash in the room. When we came back to the hotel that evening, they kept the steamer and asked if we had meant to throw it out. I thought it was a sign of good service that they would check with us.

We had a suite, which was really just a bedroom and a sitting area (with a fold-out couch) which was adequate for us. Rooms are smaller in Europe than the U.S. and I suspect most travelers already know this.

There were many restaurants right near the hotel which was nice after a day of site-seeing on foot! There is also a grocery store nearby (the hotel does not have a restaurant or room service other than breakfast).

If I were to go back to Paris, I may try a hotel in a different location, but if I wanted to be in the 8th Arrondisement again, I would definitely book a room at the Hotel Chambiges!

The only negative was that I had trouble using the Wifi. My sister had no problem with her iPad, but I could not get online with mine. I wondered if the Wifi has low bandwidth. Anyway, it was just fine being unplugged for a few days!

Room Tip: Book on the hotel's website for the best deal!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 May 2011

This was a fabulous hotel, right in the heart of the Triangle D'Or'. The staff were excellent, nothing was a bother for them. The room was quite big and well appointed. The whole hotel had a really ''French'' feel, not a hotel in any city feel, you knew you were in Paris, although they were very quite and we got a great night's sleep every night. The breakfast was also very good, generous amounts of everything and newspapers to read, a nice relaxing way to start the day. The free wi-fi was great too.

2 Thank Megan064
Reviewed 12 May 2011

On my first trip to Paris I lucked out by staying at this hotel. Everyone was very friendly and helpful The breakfast was excellent and the location was wonderful. Would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2011