“great location, nice quiet street,awesome staff”

Chambiges Elysees Hotel
Ranked #272 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 6 August 2011

We were expecting alot less, terrific spot! We had 2 rooms, bathroom clean, breakfast pleasant, staff great.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank familydad65

Reviewed 31 July 2011

If you are looking to be close to both the Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame and the Eiffel Tower, then this is the place. Location is excellent, on a very quiet block in the 8th Arrondisement, with several nice restaurants within walking distance. Location is key in Paris, and this location is tops. Metro is nearby, and within a short distance, you can walk over to the Arc. Hotel staff is very friendly and accomodating, English is not a problem, and the continental breakfast is excellent. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the interior courtyard
3  Thank pennboss
Reviewed 28 July 2011

What a lovely boutique hotel! Very quiet, very quaint. The hotel is clean, beautifully decorated, and not a far walk to the Eiffel Tower. I have to give them five stars because of their sweet staff. Such lovely, helpful people. I came down with a horrible cold on my last day in Paris. What a drag. But the manager, who is a beautiful, bright woman whose name I can't recall, made sure I had a cup of tea and even checked on me in my room after my husband and daughter had left to go sightseeing. What a wonderful place. Breakfast every morning was fresh and plentiful...really and truly this hotel helped make our second stay in Paris memorable and delightful. Once again I left amazed by the warmth and kindness of the French people.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank CathRun
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Warm and hospitable atmosphere created by frendly staff of personell gives real feeling that you are in sweet home! Great location, luxury room interior, reasonable price!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank marine7389
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Great hotel. The location couldn't be beat, as it was a short walk to the Champs D'Elysées, the Seine, metro stops and many restaurants. I would definitely stay here again.

The breakfast was a nice mix of French (baguettes, cheese) and North American continental (yogurt, cereal, etc). It was also very nice to have ground coffee instead of espresso in the morning. The tea room was quiet and never crowded.

Having free wifi was a huge bonus. I had some difficulties logging on at first, but after a new access code, everything seemed to work fine. I was very happy to be able to chat with my family back home from the comfort of my hotel room.

The service was good. After having read many reviews before my trip, I was expecting exceptional service, and it was just good. The front desk staff seemed to be appreciative that I spoke in French, although I did hear them speaking very good English to other guests. One front desk clerk came up to my room to help me figure out the television; the problem ended up being that the remote wasn't working properly, so he came up because the instructions he was giving over the phone weren't working. While he was helpful, he seemed slightly irritated to be called away from his post. There was also a false fire alarm during my stay, and I had to translate for some confused guests in the lobby as to what was going on since the front desk clerk was otherwise occupied.

A few things to note:
1) the hallway lights seem to be on motion sensors, so it can be dark when you get out of the elevator. I think this was a great idea, but I could see how it could be disconcerting if you weren't aware of it at first.

2) The toilet was separate from the sink/bathtub area. Everytime I used the washroom, I would have to go around to the bathroom so I could wash my hands. Seems it would make more sense to have a sink in with the toilet if you're going to separate them. Makes you wonder how many people are washing their hands!

All in all, a lovely hotel, comfortable rooms, a few nice amentiies, and an amazing location!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank krissie36
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Definitely one of the cleanest and nicest hotels in which I have ever stayed. Very soft carpeting in the room (and spotless), large comfortable bed, nice bathtub, and great location. I love that you can open the large doors/windows to step out onto the miniature balcony. We had a nice view of the quaint French street below. The breakfast items offered in the morning were very tasty and there was a nice variety. I would definitely consider staying here again when visiting Paris!

4  Thank Jeff M
Reviewed 4 June 2011

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hôtel Chambiges Élysées. The breakfasts were great. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. We will definitely return.

2  Thank thomasmorrison